Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #689
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
TDawg, when you calibrated these, did you factor in year-end-awards bonus XP?

The reason I ask is that if you win a major award with a player while using the XP sliders, you can come out with enough XP to turn an average player into an amazing player overnight.

I had a K win a Pro Bowl award and get 30K XP, for example.

How are you handling this? I'm currently using these XP sliders in-season but moving to default for the last advance of the regular season, right before the post-season award XP are awarded.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this.
I did factor in all that. All the data I compiled where you see how good players are down the line have this factored in. Basically while it might seem crazy it does balance out. Some players can become studs out of no where if they manage to play well enough to get a Pro Bowl nod or an award, and are young enough. Even reaching the 25 year old range will drop down the amount of xp given for pro bowls and awards.

The K example is an extreme because I have kickers at 300% instead of 100%. Even with this though it does all work out nice. You don't need to switch back to default unless you're going for a mediocre league talent wise (which is fine if that's what you want). Also if you are not going deep in your cfm it doesn't matter as much. But at 5 years or more xp sliders need tweaking imo. Hope that helped. If you have any more questions shoot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #690
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I did factor in all that. All the data I compiled where you see how good players are down the line have this factored in. Basically while it might seem crazy it does balance out. Some players can become studs out of no where if they manage to play well enough to get a Pro Bowl nod or an award, and are young enough. Even reaching the 25 year old range will drop down the amount of xp given for pro bowls and awards.

The K example is an extreme because I have kickers at 300% instead of 100%. Even with this though it does all work out nice. You don't need to switch back to default unless you're going for a mediocre league talent wise (which is fine if that's what you want). Also if you are not going deep in your cfm it doesn't matter as much. But at 5 years or more xp sliders need tweaking imo. Hope that helped. If you have any more questions shoot.

That's great--thanks for the reply!

I figured you'd have tested for this when you were developing the set, but I just had a few numbers that shocked me after awards. I do think that, even in the case of K, things likely do even out well, because it gets exponentially harder to elevate meaningful physical attributes after a player's first couple of years in the league, and it even becomes harder to increase the intangibles once they're well into their careers.

Last edited by RogueHominid; 03-22-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:36 PM   #691
Rookie

LeeLeeBug12's Arena

OVR: 0

Hi, newcomer to the site. Do you have a version of the XP sliders on a weekly progression? I'm just wondering because I usually do my Franchise mode on monthly progression. Thanks for responding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2017, 08:28 PM   #692
Rookie

Not trolling but where is the Slider set or do I just change xp sliders. I'm kind of lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-21-2017, 08:55 PM   #693
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcePlaya4ever
Not trolling but where is the Slider set or do I just change xp sliders. I'm kind of lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This thread is strictly for the xp sliders, the current set is on the first post. These can be used with any gameplay slider set of your choosing.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:52 PM   #694
Pro

Hey tdawg do you upgrade player traits or leave them how they be?
Old 03-31-2017, 01:25 AM   #695
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
Hey tdawg do you upgrade player traits or leave them how they be?
Personally I don't because the cpu doesn't. Except for the dev trait. I've also found that it's much more diverse this year. Players come into the league with more traits then they use to.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 08:50 AM   #696
Pro

Ok I will stop upgrading traits then. I didn't know the cpu didn't and I don't want to have an unfair advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »