Home

Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 01:13 PM   #97
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Whats higher threshold(75) doing for you?
The Speed Parity bump to 75 was really nice. I was a little shocked that Bell didn't get run down on his initial TD scamper of 82-yards, but I didn't think guys were skating around. There was clearly separation from fast guys and acceleration clearly showed. At one point I had Conley (93 spd?) against a linebacker in the slot and his agility/acceleration really shined on a medium post route. Albert Wilson had a long run after catch and also a KO return -- both times he was pushed out around the 10-yard line by a DB in pursuit. So speed still matters, definitely, but I'm a big fan of the higher threshold/parity at the "slow" speed.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #98
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
The Speed Parity bump to 75 was really nice. I was a little shocked that Bell didn't get run down on his initial TD scamper of 82-yards, but I didn't think guys were skating around. There was clearly separation from fast guys and acceleration clearly showed. At one point I had Conley (93 spd?) against a linebacker in the slot and his agility/acceleration really shined on a medium post route. Albert Wilson had a long run after catch and also a KO return -- both times he was pushed out around the 10-yard line by a DB in pursuit. So speed still matters, definitely, but I'm a big fan of the higher threshold/parity at the "slow" speed.
This is what I have been trying to tell people. The NFL is a game of inches but if your player has an edge in a particular rating, the higher speed parity will bring that out!

@Playmaker - You must have some magic going on cause I can barely get any traction on my slider set lol.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:02 PM   #99
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
There's really not a drastic change to those settings you listed other than the run block for cpu and speed parity.....

By all means give the recent updates a test trial but i would keep those settings you listed in your back pocket just in case you need to go back to them later especially if they were starting to work for you

Cool will do man. My next goal is to get the pc running game going but everything else seems legit. I'm excited to test out the new speed threshold guys really seem to take a liking to it and bump the run block to 100 should make for a real good challenge while still being playable and having fun.
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: Rileyfcol
PSN: Doc_Hollladay
Instagram:7_wolfe
Old 09-02-2016, 09:53 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 4

How should we adjust sliders because of patch?
Old 09-03-2016, 12:03 AM   #101
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Not to blame everything on the patch BUT the cpu can't run at all now. They are throwing all over me for insane yards but not running for anything. Every now and again a decent back will break a good run but it's very rare. This is with the sliders posted in the first page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 01:02 AM   #102
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Not to blame everything on the patch BUT the cpu can't run at all now. They are throwing all over me for insane yards but not running for anything. Every now and again a decent back will break a good run but it's very rare. This is with the sliders posted in the first page.
That's interesting i haven't played since the update....

I thought the patch only effected qb scrambling and defensive pursuit on counters and sweeps outside?

If they can't run now i would lower the tackle slider down again to around 0-15 to gauge how effective they are vs a lower setting.

Also if the patch did something to qba try reducing the cpu catch slider to 45 and see if that helps the situation.

This is the 1st of I've heard of those issues

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-03-2016, 02:38 AM   #103
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I wish I could say the same about the run - the pass yes they have become very very accurate I had to adjust the slider set just a bit - i played the rams post patch they racked up a cool 400plus total yards on me Goff went for over 350 and Gurley had 130plus and that was with PM latest slider set - however i played the 49ers next week and your statement is true they couldn't run worth a damn - i'm starting to believe its just team based. Two different teams same sliders two vastly different outcomes..well at least for me

Last edited by Shadymamba; 09-03-2016 at 02:48 AM. Reason: .
Old 09-03-2016, 02:45 AM   #104
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OK bro here goes - what I love about slider sets, is that they give you a good base for what your "skill level" should be - I think we all have made a tweak here and there...this is what i'm going to play with for the end of the season 99% you I just had to make some adjustments based on my skill set.

HUMAN SLIDERS
QBA-5
Pass Block-0
Wr Catch-45
Run Blocking-0
Fumbles-45
Reaction Time-10 (too many passes are thrown and the DB is just waiting for the guy to catch it - no battle for the ball when on 0)
INT-45
Pass Coverage-20 (I had to move this up - if its to easy i'll go to 10, but I don't mind guys being open, but they are open every single play at 0 for me)
Tackling-25

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power-45
FGA-40
Punt Power-45
Punt Accuracy-70
KO Power-50

CPU SLIDERS
QBA-70
Pass Block-0
Wr Catch-55
Run Blocking-100
Fumbles-45
Reaction Time-45
INT-45 (I don't mind..lets say 1 out of 3 bad passes being an INT, but 3 out of 3 - its almost as if I couldn't make a mistake they were going to pick it off - especially at 100 coverage, so i went back down - again, it's just my skill level - i'm not very awesome at this game LOL)
Pass Coverage-100
Tackling-55

Penalties
Offside-60 (I had 5 in a quarter at 80)
False Start-55
Off holding-55
Def holding-55
Facemask-50 (I had 5 in a game) that is unheard of
Illegal Block-50
Roughing Passer-50
Defense PI-60 (of all the penalties called, not 1 DPI, in a game where both QB's attempted 30 plus passes, so i bumped it up)
All other options set to On

Other than that thanks man! i'll roll with these the rest of the season..should be a good test (Baltimore, Arizona, New England, Jets, Buffalo) and one other game i forgot should be a good testing ground for these

Last edited by Shadymamba; 09-03-2016 at 02:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »