Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2017, 01:56 PM   #385
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

I'm a tad worried that I got 7 sacks in my first regular season game even after making the QB trait edits. It was Panthers (me) vs 49ers so hopefully that had a lot to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #386
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstotss
I'm a tad worried that I got 7 sacks in my first regular season game even after making the QB trait edits. It was Panthers (me) vs 49ers so hopefully that had a lot to do with it.

I play as the niners dont worry they do suck haha, but ya the thing is i try not to change to much from game to game not every game is the same.. who knows next game u may only get 1 sack, it can vary
Old 09-04-2017, 02:08 PM   #387
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
I play as the niners dont worry they do suck haha, but ya the thing is i try not to change to much from game to game not every game is the same.. who knows next game u may only get 1 sack, it can vary

Yeah. Pre-season was good and all the other stat lines were good even in that game, so I'm definitely not changing anything unless it becomes the norm.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:19 PM   #388
Rookie

cubbies1744's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
40 is fine for me. Turn it down if you like.
This is the first year i will be using sliders in madden u have any advice on it and are u getting alot of realistic games cause thats what i like to have
Old 09-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #389
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbies1744
This is the first year i will be using sliders in madden u have any advice on it and are u getting alot of realistic games cause thats what i like to have
Hope you enjoy. These are the sliders until the patch is released in about 2 weeks which will significantly change some aspects of the game. I've had great games so far. I'm not much of a complainer. Once the patch is dropped I will change anything that NEEDS to be changed. I'll have to test the sliders of course and see what needs adjusting. I can tell you the patch will more than likely make the Defense better, there currently are some zones and man to man plays that seem broken. You may get torched on defense and torch the cpu's defense, depending on your skill set and/or how you play. Defense definitely needs to he tuned, so we're all patiently waiting for that patch. Personally, I think the game plays pretty well. There are Coach Adjustments that will help with coverages and getting pressure, Ect.. You can find that feature right before you select your plays.

Last edited by Flazko; 09-04-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #390
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I don't know that I'm learning anything of appreciable value.

I've come to appreciate the view that the slider is reversed, but I cannot find any evidence of it. I simply feel like the passing game is a bit tougher with it low, but I can't isolate any particular effect that's making it so except this one detail; by making linebackers stuck watching play action a tad longer, they drop underneath crossing routes and cut them off rather than dropping too fast and being behind the pattern, allowing more easy completions underneath. That's the only thing I can really identify, and like all sliders, even it's not consistent.

That said, I'm seeing a huge effect in the running game in the right direction. I really believe it's the old Defense: Awareness slider poorly renamed. I believe we should think of it as a reaction time slider for the running game, and I think we'll get better use of it that way.

I'm sorry if that's not a satisfying conclusion, it's really hard to test sliders within CFM because you can't change them on the fly. Were it 2005 and I was a college student with all the time in the world on my hands, I might be able to do better:P

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:07 PM   #391
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

I've come to appreciate the view that the slider is reversed, but I cannot find any evidence of it. I simply feel like the passing game is a bit tougher with it low, but I can't isolate any particular effect that's making it so except this one detail; by making linebackers stuck watching play action a tad longer, they drop underneath crossing routes and cut them off rather than dropping too fast and being behind the pattern, allowing more easy completions underneath. That's the only thing I can really identify, and like all sliders, even it's not consistent.

That said, I'm seeing a huge effect in the running game in the right direction. I really believe it's the old Defense: Awareness slider poorly renamed. I believe we should think of it as a reaction time slider for the running game, and I think we'll get better use of it that way.

I'm sorry if that's not a satisfying conclusion, it's really hard to test sliders within CFM because you can't change them on the fly. Were it 2005 and I was a college student with all the time in the world on my hands, I might be able to do better:P
Solid work bro. Your work is always appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #392
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

Hmmmm maybe I can lower the slider to 30 or 40 and see what that does!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »