Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #2505
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay
Still having issues on the ground with the latest slider set, my only idea would be terrible run blockers (NE). I just had a game where I averaged 0.6 yards per carry (20 attempts for 13 yards). I can’t even reach the line of skirmish. I mean, his season stats say 93 attempts for only 217 yards and it’s currently week 14.
I find that there are certain run plays which simply do not work, almost regardless of the defense, o-line, or running back. I limit myself to only picking from the first run or the first pass in the “strategy” plays to make things harder, but especially on running plays I pay close attention to the “average yards” or whatever it’s called that indicates how many times I’ve run that play and what my average gain is. If I see that the run is one that I’ve tried a bunch and net very few yards, I call the pass instead. Meanwhile I have some running plays that I’ve run 100+ times which average over 6 yards per carry. When those plays come up I can’t pick them fast enough.

So at least in my experience certain run plays are doomed and certain plays seem to be money. (Inside zone plays with 3 or more wide receivers split out work a lot for me). I use the “average yards” to help me tell the difference.

Slider-wise I feel like this set is well balanced for the run. However, I am running behind the very good Eagles line, though I do a running back by committee with some pretty mediocre backs ratings-wise: 82 rated Gio Bernard (who I traded for), 80 rated Darren Sproles, 77 rated Corey Clement, 74 rated Josh Adams, and 72 rated Boston Scott. I’m not sure if it’s just because it’s those running backs, but I do feel like I almost have zero chance of a long breakout run. I frequently break into the secondary for 10-15 yards but am either always caught by the safety or if I make the safety miss am immediately caught from behind. I think my longest run in the past 10-15 games is like 21 yards. Lots of 15 yard runs, but rarely much further.

Last edited by Jimbo12308; 01-20-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #2506
Rookie

SaviourSix's Arena

OVR: 2

I was finding the same re: the run game, I found upping the speed threshold to 55 (maybe try 50 first) allows for a few more breakaway runs.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #2507
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay
Still having issues on the ground with the latest slider set, my only idea would be terrible run blockers (NE). I just had a game where I averaged 0.6 yards per carry (20 attempts for 13 yards). I can’t even reach the line of skirmish. I mean, his season stats say 93 attempts for only 217 yards and it’s currently week 14.
I have had on and off games with running so I like where Matt has his run block sliders.

Make sure you aren’t pressing the turbo button when you get the ball right away. And some run plays are better than others, like zone and stretch plays work good
Old 01-21-2019, 02:15 AM   #2508
Rookie

Mjdecker1234's Arena

Anyone know where the laster update is on Ps4. Cant find it. Latest is like 16
Old 01-21-2019, 01:04 PM   #2509
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

I think it may be your running backs. I am playing with Denver, and Phillip Lindsay is able to break off 50, 60, and 70 yard runs at a pretty good pace. I rotate in Damien Williams and he also has a decent number of huge plays. In fact I think I may have too many big runs. As you said, running from shotgun with 3 receivers is way too easy and power runs almost never work. I think this is just a madden problem and not a slider problem. Granted my o line (and the Eagles o line) are agility-based, so zone running should be more effective.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:39 PM   #2510
Rookie

rowanl's Arena

Ok so first game with Matt’s V23 sliders, TFG rosters w/ IMac trait edits.

I felt like it played really well. Great coverage on both sides and tough running on both sides. CPU didn’t make a lot of unnecessary cuts.

I’m going to play first 4 games of the season, then post NFL position leaders on off/def.

I’ll also post my penalty sliders as well.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:55 AM   #2511
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjdecker1234
Anyone know where the laster update is on Ps4. Cant find it. Latest is like 16
I stopped uploading them, because they kept disappearing from the download list. If I upload them I'll post here, until then just enter them from the first post into the main menu. Then import into CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #2512
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Is anyone able to generate interior pass rush using these sliders (without usering the d-line)?

I don't know if this is justan issue with all-madden, but I have not been able to generate any interior pass rush this year. Even with elite players like Fletcher Cox and Aaron Donald, unless I user them they get almost no sacks. I'm currently doing a Broncos franchise and have transitioned to a 4-3 defense. I drafted two elite interior d-linemen and they weren't generating anything, even though opposing QB's were often forced to step-up due to Miller and Chubb on the edges. Just to see if maybe they didn't have the right ratings to generate rush I edited them both to 99 overall players just as a test, and still no rush. I am wondering if its something with my scheme or specific ratings (like strength, agillity, etc.) besides pass rushing overall that affect this. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »