Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #2105
MVP

GJD23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I think you will be fine at a higher threshold to accomplish the type of game. The issue I've had, and just experienced, in testing 45 is that the sticky blocking and tackling returns. While it's tighter, it's tighter for the wrong reasons.

Threshold is like the forcefield of players. The higher, the more pronounced the forcefield and wider range it has, so it can grab onto anything around it. When I reduce threshold, it reduces the chance of just anything getting caught around it, so the animations are more separated, the physics separated, more focus on the assignment as a result.

With that said, I do like the tighter feel on 45, but the manner in which it happens still bugs me. I can find a balance though, and most likely with the threshold or slider values. Will dig in tonight, but I'll be honest, I won't go so far down the rabbit hole as the core of the set v21 is where I would prefer it.
Yep I completely agree - and just because I have experienced this issue I wouldn't want you to update the entire set just because of me - if there is a better solution to fix my problem I'd love to hear it - looking forward to what you find
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 04:55 PM   #2106
Rookie

Has anyone tried the treshold at 25
Old 12-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #2107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Yep I completely agree - and just because I have experienced this issue I wouldn't want you to update the entire set just because of me - if there is a better solution to fix my problem I'd love to hear it - looking forward to what you find
It might be too high of a threshold for this set, but there was a post on here a while back that someone found 77 threshold eliminated the suction blocking. I did try it with my old slider set and it really does work. Maybe the opposite ends of the threshold setting free up the players and eliminate that invisible forcefield.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #2108
Banned

reMicXz's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok fellas. I've been watching practice mode plays for the past 4 days or so with and without custom rosters. And i can definitely say it seems like some of the trait changes are having an effect on players. With the EA rosters NOT ONCE did i see any issues with competency in my user AI players. When i switched over to the roster with traits out of 100 reps i'd say i issues on plays 40-55%. I'll be putting trevor on notice about this soon. But it looks like im gonna be starting my franchises over and honestly im not even mad at this point hopefully ill see some better results. I just reinstalled OBS so ill be getting some game footage sooner or later
Old 12-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #2109
Rookie

rowanl's Arena

Matt,

I picked these up from another slider set and combined them with version 21. I’m loving the game play.

I’m on AP w/ TFG rosters.

Penalties

Offside = 55 (In CFM = 53)

False Start = 55 (In CFM = 53)

Offensive Holding = 55 (In CFM = 54)

Defensive Holding = 95 (In CFM = 95)

Facemask = 50 (In CFM = 52)

Illegal Block In The Back = 50 (In CFM = 50)

Roughing The Passer = 50 (In CFM = 50)

Defensive Pass Interference = 85 (In CFM = 85)
Old 12-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #2110
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Got one more game in with threshold at 45.

Vikings 23, Eagles 23.

It went into OT but I paused the game and stopped there as I wanted to get numbers from four quarters of play.

Cousins hit up Diggs for a 79 yard score to level it with a minute left so his numbers were a tad inflated, apart from that he would've been held in check quite well.

Cousins 20/25 for 342 yards, 2TD 1INT
Wentz 21/34 for 273 yards and 1INT

Cook 20 carries for 58 yards
Ajayi 17 carries for 67 yards and a touchdown
Murray 10 carries for 32 yards

Ertz 12 catches 108 yards
Diggs 6 catches 177 yards 2 TD
Jeffery 4 catches 94 yards

118 tackles
123 plays

Total Offense
MIN 397
PHI 332

Rushing
MIN 90
PHI 84

Passing
MIN 307
PHI 248

1st Downs
17/17

Turnovers
1/1

Penalties
MIN 5-40
PHI 5-45

MIN 37:02
PHI 27:55

2nd game where I have really, really liked the statistical output from the games.

My only issue is what Matt has been seeing with that sticky blocking, but other than that it's been amazing.

Still big plays but on 45 threshold they have cut right down. Longest past of the day was 79 yards, longest run was 30 yards.

Playing fantastically well so far. Looking forward to Matt's tweaks!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:54 PM   #2111
Just started!

Granted I've only played 2 games using v21 on all-pro, but it seems like the games are too high scoring and I think its due to the length of the game. Why not uss acc. clock on 9 minutes instead of just 9 minutes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #2112
Rookie

Is that the only change you made to v21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »