Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 09:46 PM   #369
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Used these in my first pre-season game against the Titans (I'm the JETS) and won 35-3.

Keep in mind, it's 2020 in my franchise, as I like to build my team up through two drafts and then deploy them into action. We're not Super Bowl contenders by any means, but we're not the lowly, pathetic JETS anymore either.

Tennessee is the worst team in the league in 2020, I don't know how, but their overall is a 74. So keep that in mind.

I won 35-3, Mariotta looked good in the first quarter, then when the back-up came in, he played how you would expect an NFL back-up to play.

For the first time since playing this game. I could actually call a play-action pass, and go through my reads and THROW the pass, without getting knocked on my *** before the QB could even turn around to throw. That was nice.

Another first, my defense actually got a sack that wasn't due to lock down coverage. That was surprising and the first that's ever happened for me.

That's two encouraging things.

Still no semblance of a running game, but I don't think anyone's sliders can fix this. EA just needs to improve the CPU running game through a patch.

I'm looking forward to a tougher opponent to see how it goes.

Last edited by Bushido; 08-15-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:13 PM   #370
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Unfortunately, playing at 45 fatigue is like playing without fatigue at all. Can you try the exact set up with 49 fatigue?
I did notice this at 45. No one needed a relief, even Elliott showed he was gassed, but no sub. It did solve late game tackling a bit (or lack thereof), in combo with upping the CPU tackling.

I'll set it to 49 for my next game as well. Maybe I'll give CPU tackling another point to counteract it a bit.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-15-2018, 10:20 PM   #371
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I did notice this at 45. No one needed a relief, even Elliott showed he was gassed, but no sub. It did solve late game tackling a bit (or lack thereof), in combo with upping the CPU tackling.

I'll set it to 49 for my next game as well. Maybe I'll give CPU tackling another point to counteract it a bit.
I think it's where a lot of problems start. We have been on 48 for quite a bit. Even though it's a 1 pt change, the impact can be significant because it affects all facets of the base. Because the base had been set since version 6, it'll be much easier to tweak overall.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 10:54 PM   #372
Rookie

OVR: 2
Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Awesome. Curious to hear how it goes.

Edit: also not sure if you saw, but V8 update is just fatigue 49, injury 16.

All Pro (CFM)

Beat the Steelers 45 - 24.

——User——

- Had absolutely no issue passing the ball. I was barely paying attention this game and ended up 23/31 with 317 yards and 5 TDS. 1 INT.

- The first half, I couldn’t run a lick, my plays were getting blown up right at the hand off. This was weird considering when I passed the ball, I had enough time to drop back, go to my kitchen, make a sandwich, then throw to a receiver lol. Second half I started breaking runs and ended up as a collective, 21 for 88 yards.

- 4 sacks but they were all coverage sacks. More on this later. I think I realized something there....

- Still saw great pass coverage animations and break ups

——CPU——

- QB couldn’t hit anything. Big Ben went down in the 3rd, but he was 8/18 for 195. All those yards came from Antonio Brown being the cover athlete and just breaking tackles left and right, getting that YAC. If they didn’t have Brown I promise he would have had like 60 yards passing. When the backup came in, he was awful too. He finished 7-16 with 90 yards. No picks though which was nice to see.

- Running game feels like it’s getting more broke with every game. Bell was out but the Steelers finished with 12 yards on 14 carries. Their starter had 11 carries for 1 yard....

- They has two sacks on me but those were me moving in the pocket and walking into them.

- I want to say their corners were getting beat and that’s the issue, but when I have all day to throw, and they have to guard OBJ and Dez...I mean one of them is getting open with all that time. It all starts with QB pressure.

——Findings——

- So going back to the pass rush. I started to realize something watching a lot of replays this game. The pass rush makes no Pass Rush moves. They just run into the block and get caught in the side step dance with the linemen until the play is over. The only time anyone was getting free from the block was either when they disengaged to run the other direction then ran back towards the QB, or during play action where they blow past the linemen on occasion. Regular passing plays though, straight two stepping with the O-Linemen for days.

I really believe this issue is due to the holding slider being lowered. While I did see 3 or 4 holdings called this game, it seems like the linemen kind of hold the rusher almost every play. Maybe if the holding slider was raised this would cause the D-Line to make some shed moves.

I know the slider was lowered to help the running game, but I honestly believe the running game is a lost cause. The only time all of us get good results is if the CPU back breaks off atleast one big run to get those stats. Other than that, they are never a threat regardless which is pretty sad.

I forget which version it was, but one of the versions I was getting pressure with my Outside linebackers and getting sacks with Judon and T-Sizzle which was awesome. I can’t remember a time in madden where that was the case. It’s always the DT or corners getting sacks so if it could go back to that that would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall

Last edited by wideout1234; 08-15-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:11 PM   #373
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout1234
All Pro (CFM)

Beat the Steelers 45 - 24.

——User——

- Had absolutely no issue passing the ball. I was barely paying attention this game and ended up 23/31 with 317 yards and 5 TDS. 1 INT.

- The first half, I couldn’t run a lick, my plays were getting blown up right at the hand off. This was weird considering when I passed the ball, I had enough time to drop back, go to my kitchen, make a sandwich, then throw to a receiver lol. Second half I started breaking runs and ended up as a collective, 21 for 88 yards.

- 4 sacks but they were all coverage sacks. More on this later. I think I realized something there....

- Still saw great pass coverage animations and break ups

——CPU——

- QB couldn’t hit anything. Big Ben went down in the 3rd, but he was 8/18 for 195. All those yards came from Antonio Brown being the cover athlete and just breaking tackles left and right, getting that YAC. If they didn’t have Brown I promise he would have had like 60 yards passing. When the backup came in, he was awful too. He finished 7-16 with 90 yards. No picks though which was nice to see.

- Running game feels like it’s getting more broke with every game. Bell was out but the Steelers finished with 12 yards on 14 carries. Their starter had 11 carries for 1 yard....

- They has two sacks on me but those were me moving in the pocket and walking into them.

- I want to say their corners were getting beat and that’s the issue, but when I have all day to throw, and they have to guard OBJ and Dez...I mean one of them is getting open with all that time. It all starts with QB pressure.

——Findings——

- So going back to the pass rush. I started to realize something watching a lot of replays this game. The pass rush makes no Pass Rush moves. They just run into the block and get caught in the side step dance with the linemen until the play is over. The only time anyone was getting free from the block was either when they disengaged to run the other direction then ran back towards the QB, or during play action where they blow past the linemen on occasion. Regular passing plays though, straight two stepping with the O-Linemen for days.

I really believe this issue is due to the holding slider being lowered. While I did see 3 or 4 holdings called this game, it seems like the linemen kind of hold the rusher almost every play. Maybe if the holding slider was raised this would cause the D-Line to make some shed moves.

I know the slider was lowered to help the running game, but I honestly believe the running game is a lost cause. The only time all of us get good results is if the CPU back breaks off atleast one big run to get those stats. Other than that, they are never a threat regardless which is pretty sad.

I forget which version it was, but one of the versions I was getting pressure with my Outside linebackers and getting sacks with Judon and T-Sizzle which was awesome. I can’t remember a time in madden where that was the case. It’s always the DT or corners getting sacks so if it could go back to that that would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
These are all very good points. I will take a look at the holding and other values.

I haven't explained before, mainly because I wanted a whole lot more sample size, but the CPU RB issue isn't insta-shed related anymore thankfully. The issue is that they are watching defensive players get blocked, then juking their way as if those defenders are not blocked. It's like they do not trust the OL capabilities to do the job. This is the theory I'm working with, and have continued to work with. May have to rethink exactly on how to reverse it though.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:16 PM   #374
Pro

I keep saying V6 is the one I hav stuck wit my only changed I did to it player speed parity 20 high motor off for QB WR RB FB TE I did not touch spin n jukes for RB reason I feel EA is goin to patch it n why go through all that trouble I just played my last preseason game against the patriots wit wat I just mention above on ALL PRO n pats OVR 85 GiANTS OVR 76 1st Q 3 pts pats then a TD to gronk then 3 for me man listen score was 37 to 6 4th Q there were sacks fumbles int by Rowe 3 MiND you its 3rd stringers CPU RBs making right cuts not all that crazy jukes n spins into the defense plz try this out just one game V6 HiGH motor off trust me

Sent from my VK810 4G using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-15-2018, 11:22 PM   #375
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsG STyLes
I keep saying V6 is the one I hav stuck wit my only changed I did to it player speed parity 20 high motor off for QB WR RB FB TE I did not touch spin n jukes for RB reason I feel EA is goin to patch it n why go through all that trouble I just played my last preseason game against the patriots wit wat I just mention above on ALL PRO n pats OVR 85 GiANTS OVR 76 1st Q 3 pts pats then a TD to gronk then 3 for me man listen score was 37 to 6 4th Q there were sacks fumbles int by Rowe 3 MiND you its 3rd stringers CPU RBs making right cuts not all that crazy jukes n spins into the defense plz try this out just one game V6 HiGH motor off trust me

Sent from my VK810 4G using Operation Sports mobile app
As much as I appreciate that, it's not really sliders related. It's re-rating rosters, in particular traits. Version 6 isn't version 6 without the threshold at zero either, that is why the values are there to compensate the base of zero threshold.

I am all about getting the game playing right, and re-rates definitely help that, it's been proven throughout history of Madden and NCAA. However, it's not a solution for everyone.

I honestly don't think I'm far off the mark here. Feedback is good, but I know it's skewed and rare that I get exact values being tested, however I can determine which results were a product of which values to the sliders.

I know some may be getting impatient, which is fine, but this is part of the process. I'm just as impatient though. Afterall, I've updated 8 different versions in the span of less than a week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 11:43 PM   #376
Rookie

just tried to DL but cant find v8 or v7 in community files. Have they been deleted?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »