Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2019, 10:16 AM   #961
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenamesfuller
Just had a doozy of a game yesterday between Colts & Jags. Colts won 48-36. Luck threw over 400 yards with 4 TDs. Bortles threw for like 380 for 4 TDs. It was 28-21 Colts going into halftime. Can't remember any other stat.
Just crazy cause going into the game Colts had won 2 or 3 games. And Jags had 5 or 6. Jags defense in real life would never allow that many points scored.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Operation Sports mobile app
That's a lot of Offense, more than usual. I don't get that many 400 yard games, it's rare.
Scores is high also.

I got Dallas and Philly in the rain going.

It's great watching every game, you get to know the different teams instead of just focusing on just one and with 15 minute quarters you are watching a real Football game. It's almost like Fantasy Football, you watch games where you have players playing, not just your favorite team.

Last edited by cdcool; 04-19-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2019, 01:50 PM   #962
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

In the Rain, 15 minute Quarters.
Dallas played like it

Cowboys 6 Eagles 33

Wentz 204 Yards, 67%, 2 TD's, 0 INT
Prescott 155 Yards, 46% 0 TD's 1 INT

Rushing
Abdulla 77 Yards, 4.8
Ajayi, 71 Yards 4.4
Elliott 64 Yards 3.4

Receiving
Agholor 63 Yards, 1 TD
Ertz 57 Yards, 0 TD
Wilson 56 Yards 0 TD

Last edited by cdcool; 04-19-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:21 AM   #963
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

In here every game is watched CPU vs CPU and all 32 teams are under Human control in Offline CFM, using 15 minute quarters as in the NFL.

I see no issues with Offline CFM with every team under human control. You can select what functions you would like to control for every team.

1.22 has no effect on gameplay or sliders.

Games, stats, and scores are based on sliders that work with 15 minute quarters from day one.

Mixing simmed games with CPU vs CPU games do not work with 15 minute Quarters, the stats will not match up, you will have to reduce the quarter minutes, which is unacceptable for a realistic NFL simulation.

The objective is to create an NFL simulator.

Pass completion percentages and scores look very good, which was the greatest challenge.

Nothing to do now except too watch and enjoy the games, all of them :-)

Last edited by cdcool; 04-20-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:58 PM   #964
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
That's a lot of Offense, more than usual. I don't get that many 400 yard games, it's rare.
Scores is high also.

I got Dallas and Philly in the rain going.

It's great watching every game, you get to know the different teams instead of just focusing on just one and with 15 minute quarters you are watching a real Football game. It's almost like Fantasy Football, you watch games where you have players playing, not just your favorite team.
Right, I love it. My roommate however doesn't understand it. He thinks it's stupid how I'm not actually playing the game.
I honestly wish the games didn't take an hour and a half to finish though. It's very time consuming. I'm still in my first season at week 14. Falcons and Bears have both won their division as of this week. Only two teams to make playoffs so far.
I've had 1 tie game between Panthers and Seahawks a couple weeks back. Panthers are 3-9-1 and Seahawks are in the playoff run at 8-3-1.
In the AFC Jets, Ravens, and Titans are In a race for 1st seed at 9-4.
NFC Falcons are on top at 11-1, Bears second just lost to Rams and are now 11-2. Just can't wait to get to playoffs.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:27 PM   #965
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Right, I love it. My roommate however doesn't understand it. He thinks it's stupid how I'm not actually playing the game.
I honestly wish the games didn't take an hour and a half to finish though. It's very time consuming. I'm still in my first season at week 14. Falcons and Bears have both won their division as of this week. Only two teams to make playoffs so far.
I've had 1 tie game between Panthers and Seahawks a couple weeks back. Panthers are 3-9-1 and Seahawks are in the playoff run at 8-3-1.
In the AFC Jets, Ravens, and Titans are In a race for 1st seed at 9-4.
NFC Falcons are on top at 11-1, Bears second just lost to Rams and are now 11-2. Just can't wait to get to playoffs.

I play all sports games this way, it's more of a strategic way of playing.
You get to know all the teams this way and are more focused on stats and who the best players are on both teams, it's like Fantasy football. Watching the games are exciting, you don't have to sit there and physically watch every game, you can walk away and come back or like myself, let the games run and keep checking to see who is winning during the game, I don't think some understand that.

I am only forced to sit and watch every game during slider testing. My sliders have been tested extensively, if they didn't work I would not use them. Season averages are also looking great as close I can get it the NFL.

You are watching or letting the games play so that the stats for all the teams are calculated the same exact way for every team and based on the AI of the game. Simming and watching games at 15 minutes, does not work, your team may lead in every category. I've tested this for years with Madden 08 PC and now also with Madden 19 PC.

After the game is played I check the stats to see if anything is way off, if not, it goes in the books. Madden 19 PC is playing much better than Madden 08 PC, I'm not having to play over as many games, seeing stats I don't like.

CPU vs CPU games look and are playing great! with these sliders.

This is why people are playing with 8 and 9 minute quarters simming and watching to get the stats to match up. 100% unacceptable for the way we play, The NFL has 15 minutes Quarters, everything else is an arcade game in my opinion.

If I could not get 15 minutes Quarters to work, which some said it would not, I would not play Madden.

Last edited by cdcool; 04-21-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 01:09 AM   #966
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Quote:
I play all sports games this way, it's more of a strategic way of playing.
You get to know all the teams this way and are more focused on stats and who the best players are on both teams, it's like Fantasy football. Watching the games are exciting, you don't have to sit there and physically watch every game, you can walk away and come back or like myself, let the games run and keep checking to see who is winning during the game, I don't think some understand that.

I am only forced to sit and watch every game during slider testing. My sliders have been tested extensively, if they didn't work I would not use them. Season averages are also looking great as close I can get it the NFL.

You are watching or letting the games play so that the stats for all the teams are calculated the same exact way for every team and based on the AI of the game. Simming and watching games at 15 minutes, does not work, your team may lead in every category. I've tested this for years with Madden 08 PC and now also with Madden 19 PC.

After the game is played I check the stats to see if anything is way off, if not, it goes in the books. Madden 19 PC is playing much better than Madden 08 PC, I'm not having to play over as many games, seeing stats I don't like.

CPU vs CPU games look and are playing great! with these sliders.

This is why people are playing with 8 and 9 minute quarters simming and watching to get the stats to match up. 100% unacceptable for the way we play, The NFL has 15 minutes Quarters, everything else is an arcade game in my opinion.

If I could not get 15 minutes Quarters to work, which some said it would not, I would not play Madden.
Yeah I couldn't agree more. I still do play games from time to time but most sports games I LOVE the sim part. Love doing this with NBA2K. Their game is so much more advanced and there's A LOT more games. But they made it so you can do a 30 team league and control every aspect like you're the commissioner. And even add 6 teams in the league. Which I REALLY LOVE. I REALLY hope they do that with Madden at some point. I will buy the best Madden edition every year if that was the case. Huge fan of football and basketball, I follow every team.
I love having that customization. That is key to sim.
This season though that I'm playing now is gonna set records across the board lol. I have QBs in the upper 3k, lower 4k in passing yards and there's still 3 games left. Not too sure on RBs but I guarantee there will be records for that as well. Next season will be the true test. Real life draft class, and Bills are moving to London as the Monarchs, and Raiders to LV.
I might move a couple more teams too next season, not sure yet.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:38 AM   #967
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I couldn't agree more. I still do play games from time to time but most sports games I LOVE the sim part. Love doing this with NBA2K. Their game is so much more advanced and there's A LOT more games. But they made it so you can do a 30 team league and control every aspect like you're the commissioner. And even add 6 teams in the league. Which I REALLY LOVE. I REALLY hope they do that with Madden at some point. I will buy the best Madden edition every year if that was the case. Huge fan of football and basketball, I follow every team.
I love having that customization. That is key to sim.
This season though that I'm playing now is gonna set records across the board lol. I have QBs in the upper 3k, lower 4k in passing yards and there's still 3 games left. Not too sure on RBs but I guarantee there will be records for that as well. Next season will be the true test. Real life draft class, and Bills are moving to London as the Monarchs, and Raiders to LV.
I might move a couple more teams too next season, not sure yet.

How many QB's in that category?
I have 10 averaging 300+ yards per game in week 8, which is good
Old 04-22-2019, 01:47 AM   #968
Rookie

thenamesfuller's Arena

Quote:
How many QB's in that category?
I have 10 averaging 300+ yards per game in week 8, which is good
I have a few more games left in week 14 but as of now Jimmy Garoppolo is leading with 4,975. 13 QBs total with 4k+ yards.
Lowest being Phillip Rivers at 2,385, but he was injured a few weeks. Alex Smith was also injured and has 2,467. Don't remember Dak being injured but he's at 2,889.
Jimmy is averaging 382.7 per game. 16 total avg. over 300 per game.
Beginning of the season was a little Rocky figuring out the best sliders. So it'll be definitely different next season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »