Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2019, 06:04 PM   #945
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

Any idea if you set different slider variances between Player and CPU skill whether this would affect gameplay when watching a CPU v CPU match?

Would one side be governed by the Player sliders while the other governed by CPU settings or in a CPU only match, do both teams function on one set?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2019, 06:08 PM   #946
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Any idea if you set different slider variances between Player and CPU skill whether this would affect gameplay when watching a CPU v CPU match?

Would one side be governed by the Player sliders while the other governed by CPU settings or in a CPU only match, do both teams function on one set?
I've always set both CPU and Player the same for years with Madden 08 PC and now with Madden 19 PC. Not 100% if it does anything, it shouldn't matter on the Players side but the sliders work with both being set with the same settings in CFM.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #947
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Beginning of Week 6, Season 2
Season trending looks good
9 QB's averaging 300 Yards or more per game (59.6 Completion percentage average) Highest 66%, lowest 56%
9 RB's averaging 100 yards or more per game
3 Receivers averaging over 100 yards per game
Sack Leader at 9

Falcons 5 0
Patriots 5 0
Chiefs 4 0
49ers 4 0
Raiders 0 5
Steelers 0 5
Colts 0 4

Last edited by cdcool; 04-10-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #948
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

The Steelers are 0 and 6, they lost again to the Browns, so there are consecutive loses
Old 04-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #949
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0

Consecutive losses or wins don't really concern me, at least in the early point of the season. It's almost as if at that point the game is establishing a set pattern for the coming season.

It's later on, when form and levels have been established that the CPU determines that anyone who has established a pattern is not allowed to continue that forward.

So for example, early season 2 teams meet, the best team wins, sets a winning run going, the other goes on a losing streak. At this point you'd think in a team with a 8-2 record would beat a team with a 2-8 record. But the CPU determines the better team MUST lose. If that was a one off, I could live with it, upsets happen and anyone can beat anyone on any given day, but if you look it's happening in every game from mid season on. If there's a clear favourite going into a given match, it's almost a given they'll lose to the underdog, which makes a mockery of the etablished order.

Sure you can replay and maybe get a different result next time, but that feels "manufactured" if you like.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #950
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Consecutive losses or wins don't really concern me, at least in the early point of the season. It's almost as if at that point the game is establishing a set pattern for the coming season.

It's later on, when form and levels have been established that the CPU determines that anyone who has established a pattern is not allowed to continue that forward.

So for example, early season 2 teams meet, the best team wins, sets a winning run going, the other goes on a losing streak. At this point you'd think in a team with a 8-2 record would beat a team with a 2-8 record. But the CPU determines the better team MUST lose. If that was a one off, I could live with it, upsets happen and anyone can beat anyone on any given day, but if you look it's happening in every game from mid season on. If there's a clear favourite going into a given match, it's almost a given they'll lose to the underdog, which makes a mockery of the etablished order.

Sure you can replay and maybe get a different result next time, but that feels "manufactured" if you like.
I'm not seeing this 100%, If I did I would have noticed, I'm in my second season.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #951
MVP

OVR: 6

The advanced to next week set on auto seems to help with other things, just overall consistency. It may help with this thing you’re seeing as well. Also turned fire coaches OFF. Did this by accident because it’s set to off by default in online cfm. Ea may be telling us something having it off. It’s the only one of those things that turned off.

Quote:

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2019, 01:29 AM   #952
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

In here every game is watched CPU vs CPU and all 32 teams are under Human control, using 15 minute quarters as in the NFL.

Last edited by cdcool; 04-16-2019 at 01:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »