Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2019, 07:03 AM   #161
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Injuries are much more to my liking with the updated set up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 07:12 AM   #162
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The Here’s a little food for thought for “All-Madden” and in some respect, All-Pro to bear in mind for M20.

If you’re playing on Sim Play Style, understand that as of M19, All-Madden was tuned to highlight Competitive play (ie Stick Skills) which prefers User Input to supersede Player Ratings or outcomes.
(pics from M19 blog where AG notes AM Tuning in relation to Comp Play Arena)

This means that AM is tailored to fit the gameplay they like to see, which isn’t always a reflection of ratings play out with variability.

AM leans heavily on “timers/delays” more than ratings variance to create difficulty within the AI.

Sliders may/may not alter these mechanisms in the way you’re seeking, because All-Madden is tuned for that arena of play.

Lastly, I know they’ve said they tune from AP as the base, but unless there was a drastic change from M19 to M20, the variable differences between AM and AP are closer to each other compared to the differences between AP and Pro Difficulty Level.
- in some respects like Passblock vs DefensiveMove_Timer, Pro Level favors the Sim Play Style and ratings more than AP/AM because there’s no delay imposed on the initial defensive move.

So you may end up getting some residual AM Comp tunings since AM/AP variables are close in nature.

Sorry Josh, just felt this was some important information to be considered in relation to possible Difficulty Level impact.

When you play pro you can definitely see exactly what you’re saying, specifically the pass rush. It feels so much more natural on pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-05-2019, 07:52 AM   #163
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
When you play pro you can definitely see exactly what you’re saying, specifically the pass rush. It feels so much more natural on pro.

I've always played on Pro level since I am a cpu vs cpu/Coach mode guy. No artificial boosts and players play to ratings more.

C
Old 08-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #164
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222

agreed. through halftime on all-pro in my Giants CFM, Demarcus Lawrence had 4 sacks of mostly insta wins. switched to pro and he had one where he used a nice swim move.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:06 AM   #165
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDayJGx10x
Quick question, if I turn injuries off for
My cfm and keep the sliders oh they are in the OP, will that screw with the gameplay at all or should I just suck it up and keep injuries on?
Good question...I have NOT tested that this year. In the past, I remember it made the CPU play a bit 'soft' - like they weren't giving enough effort...it was odd.

I would just say to give it a shot for a bit and see how it goes for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 08:43 AM   #166
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I HAVE seen them. If you see a injury notification and a player go to his knee, then that is an off-ball injury.

Well, in my very next game my RDE got injured 5 weeks eventhough he wasn’t involved in the play. So I too can confitm they do happen eventhough they seem much less frequent than last year.

#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-05-2019, 12:05 PM   #167
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Not trying to be a doubting thomas but how was it determined that changing certain sliders in penalties affects how CPU controlled players perform or react? I have played 10-12 games with default slider and then I went and turned Illegal Man Downfield on and set injuries to 50 as recommended and I'm not sure I see a big difference.

Another thing is I am 4 games into a CFM as the Browns and I average 4-5 turnovers per game for me and maybe 1 a game for the CPU. Mostly fumbles by CPU hitsticking.

Also....only 1 penalty in 4 games. A facemask by me against the CPU. This seems odd. Especially since I had at least 3 times where OBJ was running a fly pattern and I lead him and the CPU DB clearly grabbed his arms and obstructed the catch. I have seen this animation dozens of times last year and a few times this year and it has always been called PI but not in my CFM so far.

Anyone else getting penalties? All are set at 50 as I am trying to follow the guideslines of these sliders.

Thanks. Looking forward to understanding how penalty sliders affect gameplay and discussing intelligently why this makes Josh's slider set work so well.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:13 PM   #168
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Anyone know what Career Clock Scenarios are? There is an option to disable or enable them in League Settings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »