Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2019, 06:31 PM   #961
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Ok..thanks..im bout to try out pure pro default with injuries at 40 and NFL live playbooks turned on 👌👌👌
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #962
MVP

forme95's Arena

Hey Josh, was thinking about getting back in to Madden. Ive been toying around with 19 and your set and its been fun.

If I get 20, would you start at week 1, or start and go through preseason? Ive read your OP about default rosters and such. Which I planned on using. I've watched a couple of your latest streams (Cardinals) and it really is what has me thinking about M20.
The only thing that frustrates me about Madden is the complex of gameplay. I wish it was more simple like MLBTS. Set sliders and gameplay, go play. LOL

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 12-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #963
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Hey Josh, was thinking about getting back in to Madden. Ive been toying around with 19 and your set and its been fun.

If I get 20, would you start at week 1, or start and go through preseason? Ive read your OP about default rosters and such. Which I planned on using. I've watched a couple of your latest streams (Cardinals) and it really is what has me thinking about M20.
The only thing that frustrates me about Madden is the complex of gameplay. I wish it was more simple like MLBTS. Set sliders and gameplay, go play. LOL
Hey forme! Madden CAN be complex if you let it be. But I really strive for the same level of simplicity and the "let the game happen" mindset that we have on MLB. I think we're in a good spot here to do just that.

How you approach year 1 is very much up to you.

There are several ways of doing it.

1. You can just start preseason and start playing each game. No muss, no fuss. Preseason games are generally easier than reg season, so it's a good time to get one's feet wet.

2. You can start at preseason, sim the games, and take care of the weekly tasks and roster moves. (This is my usual approach as I enjoy building the storylines in year 1).

3. You can select the option in the franchise setup screen to start at reg season. The CPU will make cuts for you, set your practice squad, and so on. However, there won't be any preseason injuries during this sim. Depending on one's point of view, this can be good or bad.

4. If you want to start at year 2 (or use updated rosters) you can sim year 1 and then take control of a team at the end of the first season. If using updated rosters (remember that they won't have any draft picks traded - you have to do that manually by taking control of those teams), I recommend setting XP sliders all to 0 during the year 1 sim.

Again....this is all entirely a personal choice.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #964
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hey forme! Madden CAN be complex if you let it be. But I really strive for the same level of simplicity and the "let the game happen" mindset that we have on MLB. I think we're in a good spot here to do just that.

1. You can just start preseason and start playing each game. No muss, no fuss. Preseason games are generally easier than reg season, so it's a good time to get one's feet wet.

2. You can start at preseason, sim the games, and take care of the weekly tasks and roster moves. (This is my usual approach as I enjoy building the storylines in year 1).

3. You can select the option in the franchise setup screen to start at reg season. The CPU will make cuts for you, set your practice squad, and so on. However, there won't be any preseason injuries during this sim. Depending on one's point of view, this can be good or bad.

4. If you want to start at year 2 (or use updated rosters) you can sim year 1 and then take control of a team at the end of the first season. If using updated rosters (remember that they won't have any draft picks traded - you have to do that manually by taking control of those teams), I recommend setting XP sliders all to 0 during the year 1 sim.

Thanks for the input. As always, I value your opinion. I dont like simming (as you know from MLBTS), so I will default preseason roster and start in Pre Season.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #965
MVP

forme95's Arena

I just watched your week 2 against Carolina, and it looks like your using the accel clock on? Did you just not change the OP or am I missing something?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2019, 11:18 AM   #966
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I just watched your week 2 against Carolina, and it looks like your using the accel clock on? Did you just not change the OP or am I missing something?

No it’s off. You were just seeing the run off instead of guys walking to the LOS

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-19-2019, 03:07 PM   #967
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

I love pre season games it's the only time I use play the moments

Sent from my REVVL 2 PLUS using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #968
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Game plays way better once you get beyond year 1. It’s got to where i don’t even test sliders in year 1. With cpu vs cpu, Year 1 needs different sliders compared to year 2 and beyond.

Teams break up a bit and have more weaknesses is my best guess as to why it’s better. Been this way for a while now.

I honestly think if more guys jumped into year two, there wouldn’t be as many complaints. And my testing was done with custom draft classes.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »