Home

Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

This is a discussion on Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #49
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds

Sometimes when I am struggling on offense do you know what I do? I don't consult this board or any Madden strategy site. I more often than not go here: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...t-Cover-3.html
That is just one article and he has several. My point is that if Madden's passing game is good enough for me to consult a actual NFL breakdown then yes, it most certainly can help with strategic knowledge.

Think of how often on this board shortly after release we see threads along the lines of "how do I beat cover 2/3/4/6/man?" That tells you all you need to know as to whether or not the game can teach strategic knowledge.
And before anyone twists my words, it probably will not help Bridgewater any.
You are proving my point with this. If people want to learn more about football strategy you go to sites like smart football, you purchase the NFL Game Rewind package and break down coaches film. Madden itself does not provide the tools and play calling details that help you understand where and how to attack a cover 3.

And again given the complexity of a modern NFL Offense and defense and those concepts someone who plays professionally saying they are using Madden to help them seems ridiculous. Terminology alone.

Like Grudens favorite play. SPIDER 2 Y BANANA.

Or this play call at the 15 second mark. None of that is in Madden.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-21-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #50
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Also, I am not speaking for everyone in my thoughts about what Madden can and can not teach people. Again, I've coached football, played it since I was 5 years old playing ankle bitters. I am at the point now where I am activly watching all-22 film attempting to understand teams plays, playbooks and philosophy almost daily. So again as for what Madden can teach people I may very well be way off base.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-21-2014, 05:46 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
And again, to the point of the thread.

Can Bridgewater learn the Vikings playbook from Madden? That's the discussion here.

You're quoting a post that was only made to contest that, nothing more.
No, I was quoting a post that asserted Madden can only help you learn the positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You are proving my point with this. If people want to learn more about football strategy you go to sites like smart football, you purchase the NFL Game Rewind package and break down coaches film. Madden itself does not provide the tools and play calling details that help you understand where and how to attack a cover 3.

And again given the complexity of a modern NFL Offense and defense and those concepts someone who plays professionally saying they are using Madden to help them seems ridiculous. Terminology alone.

Like Grudens favorite play. SPIDER 2 Y BANANA.

Or this play call at the 15 second mark. None of that is in Madden.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
But Madden can serve as a teaching aid. I actually discovered the site smart football (he needs to write more btw) when I was looking to improve at Madden. My point was that Madden has the concepts down to a point where they mimic real life. Madden can be a teaching aid by illustrating concepts, giving you make believe "reps", and creating or motivating that desire to learn more about the game. The last is the most valuable in my opinion.

On the subject of terminology I agree with you 100%. I originally posted in this thread in response to the idea that a playbook was 600 pages of plays. The terminology is actually the toughest part of learning an offense. We hear it every year when a team gets a new player or coaches.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #53
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

A whole lot of over thinking on a topic after a young man exaggerated about his preparation for the NFL.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #54

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
No, I was quoting a post that asserted Madden can only help you learn the positions.
You sure you read it entirely? This is from the first paragraph of that post:

Quote:
There is no way that a professional can use Madden to prepare for an actual game especially when they have access to coaches, coaching and the all important all-22.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You sure you read it entirely? This is from the first paragraph of that post:
For crying out loud yes I read his post entirely. Notice that I did not address that portion in my post. My post was concerned with the latter paragraph. You know the bit where it says "But I don't think it increases knowledge at a strategic level IMO."

If you are distraught over this thread veering off topic too damn bad. It is a discussion covering the complexities of football and how it is translated into Madden. That is a good discussion to have IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP

Boy is he in for a surprise when he tries these passes in the NFL,lol. I can hear it now.....but they worked in Madden 15, I was always able to throw deep on long streak and post routes!

Last edited by BigDaddyHolmes; 06-21-2014 at 06:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »