Home

Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

This is a discussion on Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #9
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

The one big thing I took away from this interview, more dedicated manpower to a single game. If that lasts for more than just this development cycle, the game could improve more than in the past.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #10
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

*yawn* It all sounds good, but the the proof will come on August 30th. What I do know from looking at the videos is that Madden STILL has hands down the WORST player movement of any sports game on the market. It's not even close.

No weight, NO PHYSICS, no momentum, nothing. Every other aspect of the game hinges on this. The decision to ram the "new physics engine" into M13 and "you'll never see the same tackle twice" has failed to this point. Rex claims that people complain that tackling is really hard. Why? Because of the weightless feel and sliding of the players it is impossible to feel like you have control of your defender. M12 was the last game where player control was acceptable.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

I would like to believe this. But EA has burned me too many times in the past. I wont believe anything until I play it, because I have heard all this flowery stuff before.

I hope Rex is 100% right and this is the turning point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #12
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
*yawn* It all sounds good, but the the proof will come on August 30th. What I do know from looking at the videos is that Madden STILL has hands down the WORST player movement of any sports game on the market. It's not even close.

No weight, NO PHYSICS, no momentum, nothing. Every other aspect of the game hinges on this. The decision to ram the "new physics engine" into M13 and "you'll never see the same tackle twice" has failed to this point. Rex claims that people complain that tackling is really hard. Why? Because of the weightless feel and sliding of the players it is impossible to feel like you have control of your defender. M12 was the last game where player control was acceptable.
It's interesting you mentioned player movement because this is what I was told yesterday from someone who played the game last week in NY, he works for a magazine company I believe.

@ChadMcGinley: @jpdavis1982 Commentary is improved. I play a ton of H2H/MUT online and just really blown away on how the players feel when you move them.

@jpdavis1982: @ChadMcGinley have they gotten rid of swerving and sliding and herky jerky movements?

@ChadMcGinley: @jpdavis1982 As a gamer and Madden fan all I can say is that there was definitely a big jump from 1 year to the next. The movement is rad.

And another guy who played it, from Idigitaltimes

@jpdavis1982: @PhilMar88 did you notice less sliding and swerving than in 25? In other words did the players run in a way that looked more realistic?

@PhilMar88: @jpdavis1982 def more realistic. easier to handle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #13
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Rex mentions that himself talking about legacy issues not being addressed will affect how the hardcore gamers see the game. He lists just about every issue left to be addressed, no other developers have done that in the past. It amazes me how everyone who has played this game so far has been really amazed, not just GC's, but literally everyone who has played it, yet those who haven't remain so skeptical. It's ok I look forward to when the game releases and reading all the reviews on here.
The only people to have played this game are gcers and a few casual reviewers. The OS guy said his experience with it showed him a lot of legacy issues. Just saying.

You can count on early hype from reviewers and gcers. Then guys that love this game will get it a week early and claim it's the greatest, they don't see legacy issues anymore. Finally the rest of us get the game and the issues are still there. It's a yearly cycle. I'll believe the improvements when I actually see them.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The only people to have played this game are gcers and a few casual reviewers. The OS guy said his experience with it showed him a lot of legacy issues. Just saying.

You can count on early hype from reviewers and gcers. Then guys that love this game will get it a week early and claim it's the greatest, they don't see legacy issues anymore. Finally the rest of us get the game and the issues are still there. It's a yearly cycle. I'll believe the improvements when I actually see them.
Well, Rex already mentions in the article about the current legacy issues, so, he's not already saying what we already don't know.

He's admitting the legacy issue are still there.

Still, wrap up tackles were something the sim community has been harping on forever, including the Sim Standard, and it appears they've been included for 15. Shouldn't be breaking news that legacy issues are still in the game and hopefully chipped away at in the immediate future.

Just saying, it seems like they are tackling(pun intended) the issues the game has had over the past decade, but we'll see soon enough.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #15
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, Rex already mentions in the article about the current legacy issues, so, he's not already saying what we already don't know.

He's admitting the legacy issue are still there.

Still, wrap up tackles were something the sim community has been harping on forever, including the Sim Standard, and it appears they've been included for 15. Shouldn't be breaking news that legacy issues are still in the game and hopefully chipped away at in the immediate future.

Just saying, it seems like they are tackling(pun intended) the issues the game has had over the past decade, but we'll see soon enough.
Going off of that tackling video, all of the ones showed there have been in the game for years. Wrap tackles have been in there, it's just so easy to hit stick that, that's what most people use instead.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Going off of that tackling video, all of the ones showed there have been in the game for years. Wrap tackles have been in there, it's just so easy to hit stick that, that's what most people use instead.
Interesting, I've haven't noticed that, I usually don't hit stick and maybe that's why I didn't notice it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »