Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 08:49 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Jells might be the best player I've ever seen in a football game. He literally can play every position on defense. And he's only 24!?

By the way, are you being nice to the CPU because I don't see how you're not putting up ridiculous numbers with that roster. What settings/sliders are you using?
I'm using Armor & Shields All Pro sliders.

I'm pretty bad defensively so I tend to just control the O, and do Coach Mode for defense.

I really struggle getting any sort of pass rush, even with players that should be excelling at it. I just get stonewalled way too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 01:06 AM   #106
Just started!

Great work with the scouting tool, I was just curious about how much leeway you give for a player that you expect to be good?

For example:

In my draft there is a 6'5" WR who ran a 4.40 and has a B+ CTH, CIT, & SPC, but since his shuttle was a 4.18 he is a "Do not draft". If he ran a 4.15 on the shuttle instead, he would be considered the 3rd best player in the whole draft.

Another player, a zone style FS has B+ hit power, B tackle, and B- pursuit, but I know from his player type that he can cover too. He also ran a 4.40, but the only thing that makes him a "Do not draft" is his 34.6" vertical. If he added 0.4" he becomes one of the best players in the draft.

What would you suggest in these situations?
Old 10-11-2016, 01:08 AM   #107
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

How do i open with Google Sheets? Its wants to open with ePrint. Im on ipad
Old 10-11-2016, 01:16 AM   #108
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYT7N
Great work with the scouting tool, I was just curious about how much leeway you give for a player that you expect to be good?

For example:

In my draft there is a 6'5" WR who ran a 4.40 and has a B+ CTH, CIT, & SPC, but since his shuttle was a 4.18 he is a "Do not draft". If he ran a 4.15 on the shuttle instead, he would be considered the 3rd best player in the whole draft.

Another player, a zone style FS has B+ hit power, B tackle, and B- pursuit, but I know from his player type that he can cover too. He also ran a 4.40, but the only thing that makes him a "Do not draft" is his 34.6" vertical. If he added 0.4" he becomes one of the best players in the draft.

What would you suggest in these situations?
Keep them on the list for sure. Some guys just miss the criteria but excel everywhere else. The problem is if you change the criteria (FS for example) by just a bit it lets other guys who are not good be listed as Draftable. So I keep those guys on. This tool is probably 85-90% right on with most guys but there are a few that slip through the cracks that we can pick up with our own eyes.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:43 AM   #109
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Keep them on the list for sure. Some guys just miss the criteria but excel everywhere else. The problem is if you change the criteria (FS for example) by just a bit it lets other guys who are not good be listed as Draftable. So I keep those guys on. This tool is probably 85-90% right on with most guys but there are a few that slip through the cracks that we can pick up with our own eyes.

Absolutely. The draft status is very black and white at the moment (going to make it less so in a future version of the tool) so if you see a "do not draft" prospect with a very high true value rating, he's probably still worth drafting.

I'm also going to build in different criteria for different player archetypes as power backs, 3-4 pass rush OLBs and RZT receivers get unfairly penalised at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #110
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I just wish I can get the damn thing to open on my ipad. I installed Google Sheets, but nothing happens.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #111
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

This is a really cool tool. Thanks for all of the work, and time that you've put into this. I can't even imagine how much time you've put into this.

I do kind of wish data entry was a bit easier, the drop down's make it a bit cumbersome to work with, but as someone who has worked with and created some spreadsheets, I know why it was done that way.

If I may, a couple quick suggestions, maybe rather than using full names of attributes, use their abbreviated codes used in the game, and provide a chart/spot on the main data entry screen as a quick reference. Secondly, for the projected rounds, and talent rounds, rather than "1 - Early, 1 - Mid, and 1- Late", simplify that to "1E, 1M, 1L, 2E, 2M, 2L". What this would do, is make it easier to allow data entry still by the dropdowns to "lock" the possible entries into the cell, but it makes for quicker for data entry from the user since you can simply type 1E into the cell, and 2L into the next if those are your values. I imagine at this stage though in the development of this, that's probably an awful lot of work, but ultimately it would save the users a lot of time with respect to data entry. I find myself typing (especially since excel will eventually start to auto-fill as you type) into the cells rather than using the drop downs. Again, just a suggestion.

One question here too... I'm only reaching the playoffs in my franchise using this tool. Maybe I've got an awful draft class I'm working with, but I've got a lot of "do not draft" players presently. Will entering combine values bump them up to draftable status? Or is it pretty much once they go "do not draft" don't even waste your time inputting the combine stats?

Last edited by brandon27; 10-11-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 PM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
I just wish I can get the damn thing to open on my ipad. I installed Google Sheets, but nothing happens.
Download the file to your computer and then upload it to Drive (Google Sheets) then open on your iPad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »