Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 02:15 AM   #441
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
Just curious, if blue chips are projected 75+ and red chips are projected 70-74, how come several red chips have higher true value ratings than several blue chips?

That's a good question!

While I was trying to make the red chips only 70-74, there are some that bleed up into blue chip territory, even as high as 78/79. Seems to happen primarily at CB and G. For these guys it might be that they excel at everything and smash all the blue chip checks except one weakness that means they're not definitively a blue chip player that you can hang your hat on and draft pretty much risk free. When you see red chips with high TVRs I'd always advise drafting them, but not spending a high pick (1st or even 2nd rounder) on them because there are probably blue chippers who are more definitively 75+ that are lower risk picks that high in the draft. These guys are almost like the new risky picks that used to be a lot more prevalent in v1 and v2 of the tool, but with a higher 'floor' in that you'd be very, very unlucky if one of them was lower than 70.

I'm working to tweak the red chip criteria as I gather more data, so there should be less chance of this happening next version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 07:14 AM   #442
Just started!

This is fantastic! Thank you!
Old 11-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #443
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
I'll take a look at that thanks. Can't remember off the top of my head but it's possible red chip MLBs don't need a B in tackling but do need a B in at least one scouted skill. But I'll take a look.

Lol. I'm an idiot. You are correct. At least one B is required. I completely glossed over that. Sorry man. Everything seems to be working as it should.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #444
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
That's a good question!

While I was trying to make the red chips only 70-74, there are some that bleed up into blue chip territory, even as high as 78/79. Seems to happen primarily at CB and G. For these guys it might be that they excel at everything and smash all the blue chip checks except one weakness that means they're not definitively a blue chip player that you can hang your hat on and draft pretty much risk free. When you see red chips with high TVRs I'd always advise drafting them, but not spending a high pick (1st or even 2nd rounder) on them because there are probably blue chippers who are more definitively 75+ that are lower risk picks that high in the draft. These guys are almost like the new risky picks that used to be a lot more prevalent in v1 and v2 of the tool, but with a higher 'floor' in that you'd be very, very unlucky if one of them was lower than 70.

I'm working to tweak the red chip criteria as I gather more data, so there should be less chance of this happening next version.

So i did a draft last night and i had some weird results. I got a QB who was the 3rd best TVR and was a blue chip and a positive story. he was only a 76 with normal dev. I would have expected more.

Also i picked 2 linebackers who showed as red chip 3-4 pass rushers in the 4th round. they were 70 and 68 OVR respectively. I also got a red chip in the 6th and he was only a 71. NOW your guide warned me that this was a poor draft for hidden gems and late round and average overall. Everything was poor except for DT and RE (i got a great RE with a 77 in the 3rd). QB and HB and CB were average and very top heavy. I got the QB who was rated the #1 player by madden but when i drafted him they said i reached. I picked 10th and he was a 1E...meh....there was a gem of a power back in the 7th who i planned to grab in the 6th who i knew was going to be a beast. CPU drafted him the pic before mine but i traded for him (i shipped my starting HB who was One Cut 82 OVR that i grabbed 2 years prior), he is a 77 Quick Dev power back with 90 speed and trucking, bc vision and carrying are all in the 90s. he is leading the league in rushing in the preseason so far.

i will see if i can get the overalls for other players and try to post it here for OMN
Old 11-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #445
Pro

OVR: 3

This is fantastic stuff OMN, was interesting to put my draft from last week in version 3.0. As expected, it was considered a weak class
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #446
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
So i did a draft last night and i had some weird results. I got a QB who was the 3rd best TVR and was a blue chip and a positive story. he was only a 76 with normal dev. I would have expected more.

Also i picked 2 linebackers who showed as red chip 3-4 pass rushers in the 4th round. they were 70 and 68 OVR respectively. I also got a red chip in the 6th and he was only a 71. NOW your guide warned me that this was a poor draft for hidden gems and late round and average overall. Everything was poor except for DT and RE (i got a great RE with a 77 in the 3rd). QB and HB and CB were average and very top heavy. I got the QB who was rated the #1 player by madden but when i drafted him they said i reached. I picked 10th and he was a 1E...meh....there was a gem of a power back in the 7th who i planned to grab in the 6th who i knew was going to be a beast. CPU drafted him the pic before mine but i traded for him (i shipped my starting HB who was One Cut 82 OVR that i grabbed 2 years prior), he is a 77 Quick Dev power back with 90 speed and trucking, bc vision and carrying are all in the 90s. he is leading the league in rushing in the preseason so far.

i will see if i can get the overalls for other players and try to post it here for OMN

A 76 blue chip and a 70/71 OVR red chip are kind of what you should expect. What TVR did the QB have? He might have been number 3 because you had a weak class generally. But then again, there is a definite element of randomness in the draft classes. I've seen cases where dudes at the same position with all the same scouted skills, projected/talent round and almost identical combine stats come out 8 OVR apart, and even cases where a guy with worse skills and measurables came out better. But TBH, despite the fact I've made it my mission to turn scouting and drafting into a more exact science with this tool, I quite like that there's built in randomness and an element of chance/luck. Makes it more realistic.

If you can record OVRs and upload your sheet that would be great. The only thing in your post that concerns me is the 68 OLB you got. He shouldn't have slipped through as a red chip, though as I said, the red chip criteria need some maturation.

Don't be too disheartened, I bet you still massively out drafted every other team in the league!

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #447
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76

One thing I've noticed is with the tuned draft classes they really toned down Awr and Play Rec. For defense those two are huge modifiers on Ovr and for offense Awr affects Ovr a lot especially with QB and OL. There is no real way to know what those ratings are before hand. So don't get to caught up in the original Ovr. I drafted a defensive player who was 71 Ovr and he had a high TVR. But his Awr and Play Rec were garbage. It took a season but I was able to get both up to 70 and now he is 80 Ovr. Those are cheap upgrades too.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #448
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
One thing I've noticed is with the tuned draft classes they really toned down Awr and Play Rec. For defense those two are huge modifiers on Ovr and for offense Awr affects Ovr a lot especially with QB and OL. There is no real way to know what those ratings are before hand. So don't get to caught up in the original Ovr. I drafted a defensive player who was 71 Ovr and he had a high TVR. But his Awr and Play Rec were garbage. It took a season but I was able to get both up to 70 and now he is 80 Ovr. Those are cheap upgrades too.

True. i look at a few people and that is why they were low like those linebackers.

Funny thing is i have lost a few of my lower rated people (i had them on my practice squad). I guess the CPU knew they were gold that needed a little bit more shine

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »