Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 03:22 PM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

my only issue wih the jukes and spins is they feel automated.. not organic.. cpu defenders react (automate) by what button u press, but everyone has there own opinion on it.

Last edited by teeteegardner; 08-31-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 03:55 PM   #426
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm waiting for Patch 1 and opening day rosters before I start my real CFM.

I started a trial CFM with the Jets (Im usually the Bucs) and played Week 1 in the presaseson. Im at default sliders except QB Acc is at 15 for each, All-Madden Sim. I jack up penalty sliders to the 90s to actually get penalties called. In no way am I sayin its perfect or even fixed, but in the first quarter, Mariota scrambled twice, both at appropriate times. It was refreshing to see. Didn't get a chance to see more because he only played first quarter since its preseason.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:13 PM   #427
Rookie

Super Bowl 53 is still played in US Bank Stadium
Old 08-31-2017, 07:28 PM   #428
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeteegardner
my only issue wih the jukes and spins is they feel automated.. not organic.. cpu defenders react (automate) by what button u press, but everyone has there own opinion on it.

I returned my redbox copy, so I haven't played since Sunday but I hated the rb moves because they felt automated as you call it. Didnt matter if I'm moving my defender to the spot the rb would end up, or where he was before he started a spin or juke. My player automatically did an animation where I missed the rb regardless of my input:
Old 08-31-2017, 09:41 PM   #429
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

I've noticed the terrible towels in the game are black instead of yellow. Strangely enough, I didn't know where to post this since it's a "little thing" that could fall under "bugs & glitches" but just decided to post this as an "impression"

Hope it can be patched.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:26 PM   #430
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I transitioned from the initial phase of excitement for a shiny new game to 'I'm worried this is just a copy and paste of M17' pretty quickly. Now, after spending more time with the game and finding out how just bad the AI is and how many bugs there are I'm actually left wishing it was just a copy and paste of M17 because there seems to be even more problems in this years version. Disappointed to say the least - putting the game on hold for now with fingers crossed patches can bring it back to life for me.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:51 PM   #431
Banned

jt2000's Arena

This year game has more glitches then last years.

*Formations and plays are gone when you load your playbook up in practice mode or any mode to be excited.

*Custom playbook formations will sometime show up blank or in a big ball on the playcall screen.

*I have saw jet packing across the field to catch the ball.

*Sometimes man and zone works.

*Your player you selected during a play shouldn't just stop in place!

* This is new one to me. The other day I was playing online and a bluescreen popped up with a error code and booted me offline and give me a L on my H2H game which I was winning!

There are some I can think off the top of my head!

Last edited by jt2000; 08-31-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 10:59 PM   #432
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I transitioned from the initial phase of excitement for a shiny new game to 'I'm worried this is just a copy and paste of M17' pretty quickly. Now, after spending more time with the game and finding out how just bad the AI is and how many bugs there are I'm actually left wishing it was just a copy and paste of M17 because there seems to be even more problems in this years version. Disappointed to say the least - putting the game on hold for now with fingers crossed patches can bring it back to life for me.
This is how I feel. There are a lot of reversion bugs that have been patched several times in Madden 16 and Madden 17.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »