Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
I’m not against it because of 6$.

I’m against the idea of it because once you open that door. Then they can do whatever they want. And it becomes a LOT more than 6$.
Yeah, they are going to run with that.

literally every game is doing it. I'm pretty disgusted with the entire gaming niche as a whole these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #202
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:

I’m against the idea of it because once you open that door. Then they can do whatever they want. And it becomes a LOT more than 6$.
I get the concern. Especially considering EA and the Battlefront fiasco. Looks like theres something with UFC as well. 2K did it in 2K14 for adjusting rotations. It was only like 100VC (less than a game worth) but it wasn't cool. They went the other way though and did away with it completely in MyLeague. I do think that a good balance can be reached with Madden where they're able to make enough to justify investing more in CFM without gouging. There is a line. Like you said, 6 bucks, I'm ok with. 10; maybe depending on what's included. Anything more though and I think I'll pass. I think something along those lines are more likely than old school franchise coming back given Rex's interview.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:30 AM   #203
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I get the concern. Especially considering EA and the Battlefront fiasco. Looks like theres something with UFC as well. 2K did it in 2K14 for adjusting rotations. It was only like 100VC (less than a game worth) but it wasn't cool. They went the other way though and did away with it completely in MyLeague. I do think that a good balance can be reached with Madden where they're able to make enough to justify investing more in CFM without gouging. There is a line. Like you said, 6 bucks, I'm ok with. 10; maybe depending on what's included. Anything more though and I think I'll pass. I think something along those lines are more likely than old school franchise coming back given Rex's interview.

And I think the problem is that people assume if we pay more money, that we are garenteed to get what we want.

Like. Seriously?

I have no faith currently in EA as it relates to Madden. I have even less trust in them.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:07 PM   #204
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
And I think the problem is that people assume if we pay more money, that we are garenteed to get what we want.

Like. Seriously?

I have no faith currently in EA as it relates to Madden. I have even less trust in them.

It’s more of a Lloyd Christmas theory. We know what we get with the status quo. Nothing.

The odds of paying extra getting us something could be 1:20,000.

So you’re saying there’s a chance paying more gets something. Vs our current strategy that’s got us livid. I’ll hold my nose and hand over the cash because the alternative is dusting off the 360 or ps2 and drafting ray rice or playing with a youthful Marshall Faulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 12-10-2017, 04:32 AM   #205
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
I’m not paying more money that I already have.

(An extra 20$ just to get the game in the day it used to come out.)

Just for CFM to be what it USED to be.

That’s ridiculous.

5.99$ to have “Advanced GM Mode with Real life NFL Contracts!”

Gtfoh.
It's not about right vs wrong, or justification. It's about the sad reality that the only way CFM will get the same resources spent on it as MUT (relative to what is contained in each mode) is if CFM can compete financially with MUT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #206
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
It's not about right vs wrong, or justification. It's about the sad reality that the only way CFM will get the same resources spent on it as MUT (relative to what is contained in each mode) is if CFM can compete financially with MUT.

Imo the sad reality is that the people in charge don’t care about CFM becoming any better than it is.

MUT, Live, Longshot, H2H are all ahead of CFM and I don’t believe more money will push CFM any higher on the list. I don’t even think CFM Guys not buying the game is going to have any effect. At least not for a long period (let’s say 5 years) of time.

I say this and everything I said, knowing I’m going to buy Madden next year. I may back off on the “early release” crap. But I enjoy the league I’m in. And while getting M19 for like 30$ on Black Friday seems nice. That’s too late in the process for me.

It is what it is. And it sucks.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #207
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I agree with you in principle. But, I'd be down for that personally. It's all about the money at the end of the day. For the sake of argument let's say Madden sells 6 million copies a year. Of that, 500K are OS level franchise types. We'd spend 6 bucks for a robust franchise. That's an additional 3 million bucks. I don't know how far that goes in game development but it's something, and more importantly it would put franchise as a viable revenue stream.

Ive said it before. With the 100s of millions they profit just off MUT alone, on top of sales of madden. What honestly makes you think just because you give them 3 more million, they will then finally give CFM the attention it should get? I mean , seriously think about it. I to this day do not understand that mentality. "Well i know they making way more than enough to fund it alittle more now, but maybe if we just give them a couple million more, they will finally do it".....

Quote:

This is the long term issue with adding in mircos to CFM that many just overlook. The problem is , they always want higher profits. So todays 800 million , isnt enough next year they need 850 million. Year after 890 million and so on. We keep giving in , they keep raising it. There is only 1 solution , and the star wars crowd proved it. But if waiting a few weeks to play it , is really putting us out that much, then i guess in reality , the current way CFM is treated , really does not bother us that bad.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 12-10-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #208
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Ive said it before. With the 100s of millions they profit just off MUT alone, on top of sales of madden. What honestly makes you think just because you give them 3 more million, they will then finally give CFM the attention it should get? I mean , seriously think about it. I to this day do not understand that mentality. "Well i know they making way more than enough to fund it alittle more now, but maybe if we just give them a couple million more, they will finally do it".....
I'm not advocating for it. I'm just saying that for me personally, 6 bucks, or even 10 could be enough for me to make the purchase. I don't get into spending other people's money. If you dont want to and that's your stance i respect that. Sure, they make tens of millions of dollars with MUT. It would be great if they turned around and gave CFM More love. But why would they? They're gonna continue to make that MUT money, CFM be damned. Wishlists on OS be damned. So the 3 million could, could, be enough to get their attention. Like I said, IDK. It was just a hypothetical. I would guess though that 3 million bucks from CFM lovers gets a lot more of their attention than the forums. As for them coming back looking for more profits, that's business. As the consumer I ultimately decide if it's worth it for me, so I don't worry about that. If they go too crazy I'll pass. I'm just pointing out a potential alternate route to get what we want with franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »