Home

New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Did zone defense get fixed with this update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #202
Pro

OVR: 4

Besides the QB stuff, I feel like tackling/breaking tackles is much better now in that forward momentum is respected more, i.e., unless the defender has a straight on clean shot with momentum on a ball carrier, the ball carrier is much more likely to get an extra yard or two instead of just getting automatically smashed to the ground right on contact.

I also feel like defenders in man coverage take better routes to make a play on the ball now when they're in good position.

I also like how wide open drops play out now. There is a fluidity to the animation sequences that doesn't scream "bad dice roll" in the way that drops have in the past.[/quote]

I feel the same. I got tired of those constant big hit tackles that happened way too often. Now runners can get away and even drag the defender a little ways. I have seen some great man coverage were the defender just gets a hand in to knock the pass away, it looks beautiful.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:43 AM   #203
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
Besides the QB stuff, I feel like tackling/breaking tackles is much better now in that forward momentum is respected more, i.e., unless the defender has a straight on clean shot with momentum on a ball carrier, the ball carrier is much more likely to get an extra yard or two instead of just getting automatically smashed to the ground right on contact.

I also feel like defenders in man coverage take better routes to make a play on the ball now when they're in good position.

I also like how wide open drops play out now. There is a fluidity to the animation sequences that doesn't scream "bad dice roll" in the way that drops have in the past.
I feel the same. I got tired of those constant big hit tackles that happened way too often. Now runners can get away and even drag the defender a little ways. I have seen some great man coverage were the defender just gets a hand in to knock the pass away, it looks beautiful.[/quote]

Last night I was playing with IteachPercussion’s brilliant 1987 roster. Redskins vs Eagles.

I ran George Rodgers on a 3rd and 2 play on a off tackle run and he lowered his shoulder and dragged a LB 4 yards and the FS came in to clean it up.....but the natural fluidity of him grinding out those extra yards dragging a tackler was a thing of beauty!

This patch is awesome.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #204
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Echoing the same thing as most others - this is a huge improvement and it feels like a new game against the CPU. I fired up my Jets CFM last night, it's in Year 3 but I haven't played a game since late September. I went back to default All Pro to get a feel for the changes the patch brought to the game.

Game 1: Lost at home to the lowly Browns 17-10. I threw three interceptions, all bad reads. A terrible loss and I showed a lot of rust. I can't remember the last time I lost a game on default All Pro, let alone to a team like the Browns.

Game 2: At New England but Brady was out with a knee injury. I won 38-24. Brissett was inconsistent but made some big plays including a beautiful 65-yard bomb to Cooks on a post pattern where he got behind the defense. I'm trying to think of the last time the CPU got behind my defense on something besides a fly pattern.

Game 3: At Pittsburgh at night, won 38-7. I'd shaken the rust off by this point and was clicking all game. Big Ben was awful and I completely shut down their running game. Only game of the four I played last night where I shut down the CPU on the ground, funny that it came against Bell.

Game 4: Home vs Buffalo, won 24-3. The Bills are amongst the worst teams in my CFM plus Shady was out with an injury. They had a 69 overall RB and a 72 overall QB starting. I think their QB went 6/18 against me, he was so bad. A great example of ratings being important.

Kizer, Brissett and Big Ben all ran liberally against me. I think nearly as big of an improvement is HUM pass defense and reaction. I've spent most of my two drafts adding defensive players and my unit is up to a 90 overall but it was a sieve pre-patch. Now, my highly rated DBs and LBs are playing like good players. They're all over the field making plays.

QBA is good for both sides. A fair amount inaccurate passes. May need some slight tweaking on the HUM side. It also feels great to play games that aren't a sack-fest for both teams.

I will probably end up using All Pro sliders because default will be too easy but this game is where it needs to be right now. It's frustrating that it took three months post-release to reach this point but this is by far the best that Madden has ever been. I imagine I'll be playing my CFM through the end of the winter.

Kudos are due to the guys at EA. We give them hell non-stop but they delivered. It took longer than all of us had hoped for but as they say - better late than never.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #205
Rookie

Is anyone getting bad weather games since the patch? I've played 6 or 7 outdoor games, and all have been in perfect weather.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #206
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Is anyone getting bad weather games since the patch? I've played 6 or 7 outdoor games, and all have been in perfect weather.

Yes, I played a rain game in New England last night. I even restarted it (I still had injuries at 50 and lost 7 defensive starters in the first half lol) and it rained the second time around too.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-22-2017, 09:46 AM   #207
Rookie

chainsaw4099's Arena

OVR: 4
Smile Re: New Madden NFL 18 Title Update Available Now - Patch Notes Here

the patch has really improved the game. it is fun to play again
Old 11-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #208
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee

First two games (one in Miami and the other in Tampa) have both had rain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »