Home

Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

This is a discussion on Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2018, 11:44 PM   #57
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Sounds like a bunch of boilerplate jargon to me. If it can be so easily manipulated, why are we missing features that were in Madden 06 still?
Yes, boilerplate jargon, because even though I don't work there, I'm still doing PR for them. GTFO.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:06 AM   #58
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I just want to see RPM in motion and what was done for Franchise. Not interested in hearing about future plans that much. If they can deliver in a quality manner on those two items I’ll be happy with M19. I’m not expecting revolutionary changes and all that, just hoping for a game that looks good in motion and has enough depth in franchise to keep me wanting more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2018, 07:56 PM   #59
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
The fact that he said he likes Play Now over Franchise mode means either:
1. Franchise Move is trash, and even a casual football fan like himself can't get into it
2. Or the guy who is the Sr Producer of Madden does not care for team building (unless we use money in MUT), or a career mode.

When he stated "it's never enough" in regards to franchise receiving upgrades, all I could think was "if you consider Madden 18's additions to Franchise enough, I will never buy a game of Madden as long as he is in charge."
I feel like a lot of hardcore franchise players are going to hold that against him throughout his entire tenure as Sr. Producer. Also the fact he is a MUT guy and a casual football fan, I feel like he won't be given a fair chance. Yet at the same time, when he says "it's never enough", I get it your not going to please everyone.

We all want different things in our wishlist posts, but I feel as if we are agreeing on a lot of things more so than in recent years. I just hope with the implementation of specialty positions, that in the future that more football related things gets added(5th Year Options, RFA/UFA, etc)
Old 05-31-2018, 09:38 PM   #60
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I feel like a lot of hardcore franchise players are going to hold that against him throughout his entire tenure as Sr. Producer. Also the fact he is a MUT guy and a casual football fan, I feel like he won't be given a fair chance. Yet at the same time, when he says "it's never enough", I get it your not going to please everyone.

We all want different things in our wishlist posts, but I feel as if we are agreeing on a lot of things more so than in recent years. I just hope with the implementation of specialty positions, that in the future that more football related things gets added(5th Year Options, RFA/UFA, etc)
The issue that I have with the statement "it is never enough"is frustrating especially coming off of the not so valiant effort of Madden 18's Franchise Mode.

If he had said that after Madden 12, I would totally understand that. But coming off of a year where they only add one feature for CFM (Draft Boards) and making that statement is in poor taste. Especially since the CFM team was pimped out to a terrible NBA Live Game.

I get there are some things you can't control as the Senior Director, but to say "It is never enough" after doing next to nothing for franchise mode?

I say this often in regards to Madden, but I hope I am wrong. I hope Carlos' actions can make my words look stupid.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:57 PM   #61
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

If he had answered the Franchise question with the same more diplomatic approach that he used when speaking about dealing with the wants of the competitive space-that gameplay would be balanced for all of the types of people that play the game- then people probably would be less upset. If you come off brusque to the segment of the player base that already feels like the proverbial red-headed step-child then look out. It's not going to matter because he's not going to personally going back and forth with the community so people's ire will turn to someone else.

My takeaway is that niche features wanted by the super hardcore are probably not going be implemented for any of the spaces. Something like Target Passing was always at best going to be used by an infinitesimal part of the community so it's not something that should have be added. Something like that isn't going to make it in under Carlos, IMO.

At the same time some of the hardcore Franchise wants aren't going to make it in either, even though these asks may be 100% authentic NFL football components. For example I don't think that something like OTAs will ever make it in, because while it's obviously a real aspect of the NFL, I don't think that it would ever finish in the top five of any Franchise wish list, not even here.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2018, 10:16 PM   #62
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

That'll only be held against him if CFM continues to fail to deliver. If great features start coming to CFM and that balance across all modes that he speaks of comes to fruition and the game is improving then it will quickly be forgotten. But after last year where CFM essentially took a year off and just the overall lack of impactful features over the last several years and the last thing a lot of people are going to want to hear is that it's never enough. He's definitely right but at the same time a lot of that mentality is due to the direction they've chosen to take. But if we're sitting here next year talking about coaching staffs, RFA, 5th-Year Options, Player Morale, etc. on top of the things that are coming this year it'll quickly be forgotten.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:28 PM   #63
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That'll only be held against him if CFM continues to fail to deliver. If great features start coming to CFM and that balance across all modes that he speaks of comes to fruition and the game is improving then it will quickly be forgotten. But after last year where CFM essentially took a year off and just the overall lack of impactful features over the last several years and the last thing a lot of people are going to want to hear is that it's never enough. He's definitely right but at the same time a lot of that mentality is due to the direction they've chosen to take. But if we're sitting here next year talking about coaching staffs, RFA, 5th-Year Options, Player Morale, etc. on top of the things that are coming this year it'll quickly be forgotten.
Still hoping for a slight chance coaching staffs make it this year.

But you hit the nail on the head. Actions speak louder than words, and since September of 2016, the only feature that has been added to franchise has been custom draft boards (something that did nothing for the offline community).

Right now the only exposure the community has with this guy is his 30 minute video, so as of right now statements like "it's never enough" is what he will be pinned with until he clarifies and expands upon his statement or until we actually start seeing effort and features get pumped into the heavily neglected franchise mode.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:31 PM   #64
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

We shouldn't be talking about these things now. NBA 2k has literally every provision, every contract stipulation, every rule you could think of are present and working in franchise. It is nuts what they have compared to Madden.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »