Home

Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

This is a discussion on Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #449
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Official Boston Red Sox 2005 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Just got home and turned on NESN, but Sutcliffe knows his stuff. I think he's even better than Brantley when he analyzes pitchers. Whatever he said is worth considering.

Conversely, Rivera has found himself since he blew those saves against us...strikes out the side, awesome.

Without overreacting, if Schill doesn't work out over time, we may have to part ways with a prospect for more bullpen help and that would upset me. As I said, we'll give it time; Curt's comeback is a lot longer than one game.

Yeah I mean, I usually can throw something to the wall in any situation just to give a possible solution. But I can't really pull anything outta my head as of yet.

Basically what Sut said was that Curt wasn't pushing off with his ankle, and it wobbled on the pitch prior to the double to Sheff. They replayed a couple other pitches and it just showed he was just putting weight on it but not putting much push into it. Much like he was pitching in game 1 of the ALCS I believe.

I know its early, and this is only one appearence, but the only thing that really sticks out in my head right now is that Curt should/could just sit it out for the remainder of the year. Or continue to rehab down in Pawtucket and hopefully figure "it" out. I don't believe it's a mindset or mechanical problem as much as it is a problem with the ankle itself still.

But what the hell do I know?
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-14-2005, 10:30 PM   #450
MVP

OVR: 14

What a dissapointing loss. I hope it doesnt overshadow the fact that it really was a GREAT game. Except for the ump.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:34 PM   #451
G-M*nnnn

deeman11747's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
What a dissapointing loss. I hope it doesnt overshadow the fact that it really was a GREAT game. Except for the ump.
Yeah, Wendelstedt was having a tough night for both teams.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 PM   #452
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
that umpire was horrible and let Torre get in his head from the beginning until the end
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 07-14-2005, 11:48 PM   #453
All Star

OVR: 25

The Sox got off to the hot start but let the Yankees hang around. Schilling had nothing in the 9th. He doesn't have the offspeed stuff to get away with high 80s and low 90s fastballs. Hopefully it was just a bad day for him and he can get it going after a few outings.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:20 AM   #454
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

No need to panic, we've got Leskanic..... oh crap, we don't.

It's going to take some time to determine if this Schilling experiment is gonna work. I'm not ready to judge him after facing 2 of the best hitters in the game in his first game back. At this point, he needs to pitch, whether it's good or bad. The Red Sox were good enough to survive a few bad outings from Foulke and they're good enough to survive the same with Schill.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:04 PM   #455
MVP

OVR: 14

I am not doubting him based on this one performance, but I doubted this before it happened. They shoulda just let him work up his stamina and bring him back in September if it took that long, we need this guy in the rotation. I just can't believe that we would take this huge risk when we have a guy like Timlin who can do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 01:57 PM   #456
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
No need to panic, we've got Leskanic..... oh crap, we don't.

It's going to take some time to determine if this Schilling experiment is gonna work. I'm not ready to judge him after facing 2 of the best hitters in the game in his first game back. At this point, he needs to pitch, whether it's good or bad. The Red Sox were good enough to survive a few bad outings from Foulke and they're good enough to survive the same with Schill.

lol I've been thinking about Curtis alot lately. But I always referred to him as Curtis Letspanic. Whatever happened to Mike MacDougal??
I remember looking at his numbers a week or so ago and they weren't that bad. Anything would be an improvement to our already lacklust BP IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »