Home

2011 New York Yankees

This is a discussion on 2011 New York Yankees within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #73
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2011 New York Yankees

Never liked the Soriano signing, not one bit. I would much rather have Joba or D-Rob in the eighth. Although, Joba hasn't looked great lately.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #74
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

Needed a game like that last night against the O's. Sabathia pitched very well and the team finally had an offensive explosion they sorely needed. I'm looking forward to the Subway Series this weekend!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #75
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I haven't really looked at the schedule. Just kinda going day-by-day on the season and really did a double-take when I saw that the Mets were coming to the Bronx. Already?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #76
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

Is it just me or does it seem like the Yanks are treading water right now...
Old 05-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #77
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Not just you. But, this is as bad as they'll really get during the season.

The offense isn't where it should be. I don't see the pitching getting much better.

I haven't really compared stats, but my gut assumption is the pitching has been consistent (for good or bad) throughout the year while the offense is in a huge slump. Earlier in the year, the offense was on fire and the Yanks were playing .600 baseball.

They'll get it back together. I can't see Swisher and Cano hitting as poorly as they have for another four months. Rodriguez is slowly inching back and Teixeira is nearing his hot months.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #78
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Not just you. But, this is as bad as they'll really get during the season.

The offense isn't where it should be. I don't see the pitching getting much better.

I haven't really compared stats, but my gut assumption is the pitching has been consistent (for good or bad) throughout the year while the offense is in a huge slump. Earlier in the year, the offense was on fire and the Yanks were playing .600 baseball.

They'll get it back together. I can't see Swisher and Cano hitting as poorly as they have for another four months. Rodriguez is slowly inching back and Teixeira is nearing his hot months.
The thing I see with Cano is last year his walk rate really jumped. While it wasn't anything special, he walked once every 12 PA's. This year, he's walking once every 24 PA's. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back or if last year's walk rate wasn't so much progression as an aberration.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #79
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

I haven't been able to watch a lot of games. Really, I've seen maybe 2 games over the last three weeks. And one I attended which is tough to really judge pitches. (Been too busy at work so watching on gamecast).

Anyway, all I have is what I hear or read and listening to some of the game yesterday I heard that Long mentioned Cano is an All-Star if he swings at strikes. Considering how good a swing Cano has, my guess is he's swinging at a lot of bad pitches which will lower your walks and lower your average.

Anyone able to confirm this from his at-bats?

Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #80
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

Oh definitely CMH. He's even been quoted recently saying that he has and will continue to be a free-swinger. The Yankee brass and fans alike must not like hearing that.

As for ARod, he's been on a tear the last week, batting .484/.500/.806 with three HRs, but only four RBIs in that span. He's gotta keep up that pace a little while while Swish, Cano and Co. get back on track...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »