Home

2011 New York Yankees

This is a discussion on 2011 New York Yankees within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #57
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2011 New York Yankees

Dear Yankees,

Get rid of Boone Logan...

Thanks,
Concerned Yanks Fan
Old 05-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 5

wow Jeter powered two home runs today, both to right/center or so. i didn't think he could hit a ball 400+ feet (anymore).

did he ever have a multi homerun game? I hope he turns it around at this point to be respectable offensively instead of meekly hit balls off his bat.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #59
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
wow Jeter powered two home runs today, both to right/center or so. i didn't think he could hit a ball 400+ feet (anymore).

did he ever have a multi homerun game? I hope he turns it around at this point to be respectable offensively instead of meekly hit balls off his bat.
He has had a multi-HR game or two. Yes, it was very nice to see the Captain start hitting like old.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming Royals series. I'd like to get at least two of three (hopefully a sweep) before hitting the weekend series against the Sox.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #60
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Posada pulled himself out of the lineup because he was batting 9th. Time to release him and get Montero up.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Posada pulled himself out of the lineup because he was batting 9th. Time to release him and get Montero up.
I was going to say wait until June 1st, but after this stunt you might as well bench Posada now and have Montero DH. The only thing is that Jorge doesn't really have a role on the bench and there is a 0% chance they release him.

You don't see Swisher bitching about hitting 8th after he wasn't hitting, but Posada has always been a hot head. I do know Cashman won't be too happy though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

We all knew we gave him too many years on his last contract and a season like this would probably happen. It is what it is, there's no shame in getting old. I hope he doesn't ruin his legacy with **** like this.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Yes if he doesn't start hitting, he's a complete waste of a roster spot. Bench is already short with 13 pitchers, he can not be on the team if he's not playing. But how do you release a guy making 13 million, who's a borderline hall of famer, and has spent his whole career with the Yankees? Such a ****ty situation.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets

We all knew we gave him too many years on his last contract and a season like this would probably happen. It is what it is, there's no shame in getting old. I hope he doesn't ruin his legacy with **** like this.
Not looking forward to reading this same post in 2013 or 2014 in reference to Jeter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »