Home

2011 New York Yankees

This is a discussion on 2011 New York Yankees within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2011 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I am convinced something is not right with him physically. When he came up he was hitting 96. Last year he was in the 94-96 range. He is barely touching 90 right now. Either a serious dead arm or something more serious, but he's not right.
It's more than just his velocity also. Everything he's throwing is up and over the plate.He could survive at 90 if he could locate at the corners.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9

He needs to forget about the lost velocity and figure out a way to get hitters out. The velocity will come but in the meantime we can't have him serving up flat cutters and hanging curves. Throw that change like AJ's been doing.

One thing I've noticed about Hughes is that he is not using his legs to really drive toward the plate. When he was coming out of the pen he would really drive towards the plate and just let it go. He seems a bit tentative now.

I'm glad there's a lefty going tomorrow cause I am getitng a little tired of watching Gardner and Jeter not get the ball out of the infield to start the game. Until Gardner starts showing some signs of life I think they should drop him to 9th and move Swish up to the 2 hole.

And I re-iterate - let's get Cano up to 3 and move Tex down to 5. Cano needs more protection and to see some better pitches to hit.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #51
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Hughes to the DL with a Dead Arm.

Everyone knows it's a hoax move, but the guy might as well be hurt because he's pitching like he is.

I honestly don't think a live fastball would have saved him these past few starts. Like Sandman says, he's just leaving pitches over the plate for guys to tee off on.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #52
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

It amazes me that the Yankees Brass doesn't have him go in for an MRI or something. There may be damage to he arm that needs some attention. I mean could sending him to get check out going to hurt?

Despite all the pitching woes, we have to be somewhat thrilled about the offense. In the early going here than Yanks are doing a good job of scoring runs and not giving in to big leads their pitchers get them into.

Garcia tonight against the Rangers (-Hamilton)...let's see what the big sweaty man can bring to the table (Hint: I'm guessing not too much)
Old 04-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #53
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Jeter can't buy a hit, it seems. I'm not overly concerned with his recent struggles. Yesterday, he had two really nicely hit balls that infielders somehow scooped up. He just needs to get the ball in the air more. Don't think he's the .320 hitter we're used to seeing anymore, but he's better than the average he's shown.

Yankees playing really well offensively, which is to be expected. Gotta like what they're getting out of AJ too.

Colon was my favorite coming out of spring and he just keeps on chugging along.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Just heard on wfan that Hughes bullpen went bad and he is going to see the doctor.

Don't understand why they didn't do an MRI or something earlier. What could that have hurt?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #55
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Just heard on wfan that Hughes bullpen went bad and he is going to see the doctor.

Don't understand why they didn't do an MRI or something earlier. What could that have hurt?
Read my sig. It never fails.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #56
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

So just as I said that Jeter can't buy a hit, he goes on a nice roll there. I think he's raised his average about 40 points in the past days.

Looks like some guys are falling back to Earth. But still gotta love what Freddy and Colon are doing. As of right now, they've been better than anyone but Sabathia. Amazing.

Sent from my mobile device.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »