Home

2011 New York Yankees

This is a discussion on 2011 New York Yankees within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #17
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: 2011 New York Yankees

Another Tex Message yesterday. Teixeira is on right now. Really good to see.

Alex Rodriguez is on fire. I don't think he's pulled a pitch yet this year. And anyone that knows Rodriguez knows that when he's going the other way, he's one of the most dangerous hitters in the game. He has smoked three balls in two games. And he does it with ease.

We also can't talk about yesterday without mentioning Burnett. Nice, strong effort while battling a head cold. I think the game is closer and he doesn't give up that Austin Jackson home run. But, 3 runs over 5 innings is fine with me. Girardi seems content to let his starters pitch less innings. I don't have a problem with that especially when you have such a solid bullpen and the starters have been taxed over the past two seasons.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 04-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

What's going on with the crowd? Empty seats every game.

For the Twins series, there are tickets for $2 on stubhub. You can pay less than face for pretty much any non mets or red sox game all season.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #19
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Not sure, but tickets are expensive.

2 of 3 ain't bad. Alex didn't have anything to show for some real solid hits, but Tex and Posada are on a good roll to start the season. 1-9, I'm liking it all. Russell looks comfortable as well.

Hughes just didn't pitch well today. Left two pitches up and in on Cabrera and he did what he was supposed to do with them.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

A little concerned with Hughes drop in velocity. He's had the problem earlier in his career, but usually that was when coming back from injury. Only one start, but it's something to monitor.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #21
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
A little concerned with Hughes drop in velocity. He's had the problem earlier in his career, but usually that was when coming back from injury. Only one start, but it's something to monitor.
Apparently it was an issue in Spring Training too but I don't remember anyone talking about it and I followed Yankees news all March.

I kind of remember Hughes going through this last year, no?

Sent from my mobile device.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

It was brought up in the last week of spring that he was only throwing 88-91.

I'm more concerned about him not being able to put hitters away, just like last year. He only had 2 swinging strikes all game compared to 20+ foul balls which is what we saw a lot of last year.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #23
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

He just needs a better out pitch. He's too predictable at this point. I didn't see much of that changeup he was apparently working on. Guys know Hughes is coming at you with a fastball or a curve ball. Not much else. And MLB hitters like Miguel Cabrera can adjust quickly.

Another solid outing for the bullpen in a tight game. Nova is looking real good. Just needs to finish guys that third time around the lineup. But, 3 runs over 6 innings is something I'd take every fifth day from him.

Rodriguez is still smoking the ball. Smoked two of them into the ground for double plays too. Not good, but his swing is on.

Gardner just needs to get the ball into the hole. Seems to be pounding inside pitches down. I like what he did with the outside pitch Span(Young?) caught.

I'll tell you, Girardi is going to look like a genius with his bullpen this year. Talk about making a manager's job easy. One less thing he has to manage this year.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:58 AM   #24
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10

so tonights loss was just disgusting, 4-0 lead in the 8th and we dont win? horrible. Heres first thing, why didnt girardi leave CC in? Should've left him in atleast to face a better or two maybe even finish out the 8th entirely and then ya bring Mo in the 9th. Secondly he didnt leave CC in he brought in Soriano and as soon as he saw soriano was in trouble should of yanked him. Once again girardi over managing
NHL: Rangers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »