Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2005, 10:52 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Ok, well if his settings dont really work with Pro (wouldnt mind him giving an opinion lol), then I need some. Though, Im actually winning this game on All Star, the CPU is leaving some stuff hanging that I've belted. Only one run that I've actually worked to drive in.

*Edit*

Well I finally won a game on All Star. Braves 7, Mariners 6, 10 innings. As far as the pitching performance?

T.Hudson - 5.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 2 HR
J.Byrd - 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0, R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO
K.Gryboski - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO
D.Kolb - 2.o IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 B, 1 SO

B.Madritsch - 6.0 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO, 5 HR
J.Mateo - 3.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO
E.Guardado - 1.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO

Im not a very patient hitter I can tell. Didnt really walk though I did force some full counts. I remember seeing Madritsch near 80 pitches before he exited. He would have been pulled quicker, but I was belting home runs off of him in the 6th. And no walks for me, since I tend to drive the count full then dont go out of the zone.

Last edited by Jecht25; 02-26-2005 at 11:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2005, 11:19 PM   #162
MVP

LanteriX's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattStewartJHS
It seems I have no power with your sliders. 5 games in with the Yankees and I haven't hit a bomb. It seems that the ball physics are different this year, I've got into some pitches, grooved some, but they mostly die at the wall. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yeah I have a total of 4 home runs in 8 games. Manny has one, Ortiz has 2, and Mueller has 1. Of course I've had to deal with freakin Yankees pitching for 5 of those games.

Oh, and get this. I K 10 Yankees with Clement through 7, then he gets a lindrive off his arm and now he's missing the rest of the season with some kind of corny arm injury. *sigh* Just my luck.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:23 PM   #163
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchdogXC
What stamina % do you consider your pitcher tired and ready to come out?
Don't know if anyone noticed that earlier

Just got done playing my first game with the sliders and am in the middle of my 2nd. I really like the pitch counts but I'm struggling so far. I had been playing on pro to get used to everything and the cpu is crushing me. The Twins hit 5 HRs off of me and beat me 13-1 with 17 hits. The good news is Silva threw106 pitches in 7.1 so that was very realistic and walked me 3 times.

So far, Contreras is throwing a lot of pitches and is very wild so not only am I getting walks, I'm swinging at bad pitches. I've noticed that it seems the cpu outfielders are faster than me so I might try slowing them down a little or speeding mine up. I don't get nearly as many doubles as last year.

Has anyone else had trouble giving up homeruns? Maybe it is just adjusting to All Star. One thing I know, right now Westbrook's stamina is 53% and there is basically no green at all. It doesn't help that he doesn't have his stuff today as did Sabathia in the other game.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:27 AM   #164
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

After losing my first 3 games on All Star with your sliders, I pulled out a win scoring 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th to beat the Blue Jays 3-2. I had 3 runs on 7 hits and 3 walks and they had 2 runs on 8 hits (1 HR) and 2 walks. What a great game!
Old 02-27-2005, 02:11 AM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have only given up 6 HRs in the games I have played. I Play 1 manage 2 or 3. I have played about 8 games myself now in my dynasty so I don't give up a lot.

I probably need to go back down to defualt on everything except pitching though because I can't hit for crap anyore Until I get more use to it anyway,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2005, 02:23 AM   #166
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
That would solve the problem of having 100 pages and updated sliders somewhere between page 50-75.
Or you could just choose to have more posts on one page.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:33 AM   #167
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Hey Man i like your sliders, but I think i really suck at this game, imtrying to get a couple of exhibition games goingonto practice beforeigointomy Franchise mode butman.....its not looking good, cpu hits homeruns alot, i just got done with a Game against the Rockies, I was the nationals, it started off as a battle until Loiazagave up so many hits (7) and 2 runs before i pulled him. the final score was 3 to my 0 they gave up 4 hits to there 11 they dominated me, and the bad thing is i get walked and find myself in scoring position, and when i get good contact on the fastball ( i think) they always pop up all the time its fustrating, I not whining, itjust that its been like that for everygame i played, I love this game but I suck badly I dont expect to be perfect i dont expect to win all the time, but i would like to see me hit at least one double instead of all these singles, but i guess iineed more practice,see ya guys.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:20 AM   #168
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

OVR: 9

i have played 2 games with pareds sliders and i have jackes 3 homeruns so the power is there, you just need to practice on hitting..go the the mini game for hitting...it will help you place the ball!!!

btw...loving a baseball game for the first time since baseball stars!!!!! Oh my!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »