Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:48 PM   #3545
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Can you turn your nickname off? Sick of commentators referring to me as lights out instead of my name
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 PM   #3546
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacalciofan
I just tried this method and it worked for me as I just got traded to the Miami Heat. Also I did not have to say no to the side kick role as when that cutscene came it was L. James and I knew I was traded to the Heat and then I got the GM telling me I was traded after and then a new cutscene with L. James nice.
Sweet. Are you a point guard? I'm still deciding if i should do one with a Pg and go to the Heat. Let me know how much you like it because I might start one with a shooting guard and try to get traded to the Celtics.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:29 PM   #3547
Rookie

Hey sorry guys, I didn't realize I clicked on the next gen thread. You can all disregard my posts. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 AM   #3548
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
Hey guys, I haven't played any my career yet this year. Been playing association so far. So I am asking anyone on current gen that has insight.

First, at the all star game, do you get more than 5 minutes? If you are selected a starter, do you actually start, etc? (remember current gen)

Also, are you able to wear alternate and classic jerseys, or are you stuck wearing the same uniforms every game?

Those are just 2 things that have always made this mode stale to me, but I've always enjoyed most everything else about it. I know everyone has said it is basically the same as last year for CG since they spent all their time on NG this year, so I'm not holding my breath. Just would like to know about those 2 things before I decide if I'm gonna invest my time.

Thanks in advance for any info.

You will start in the allstar game if you are selected starter. You cannot select jerseys in my career and there are no sliders for mycareer either.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #3549
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13CB55
i took me 4 games and lots of turnover to get an self alley and afterwards i was finally able to catch them from my teammates, caught 5 really great oops in 3 games, couple at the park too. my tendency was up to 23...

3 mycareer games later with no oops, my tendency is back to 0.

called for 2 or 3 oops since but didnt make one. same story with the park.

really sucks...if you can throw down mean dunks, oops should be working to without the self alley crap...
That would really suck if I had to do the self alley crap every time my tendency goes back to 0. I am hoping you only missed those 2-3 alleys because you were forcing them and defense were the reason you didnt get them. there are times where cpu misses a bunch of oops too. can anyone confirm this ?
Old 02-01-2014, 01:16 AM   #3550
Rookie

joryharrismsu's Arena

So I have like 10 games left in season and agent tells me Sprite deal fell through? I'm playing better than ever and remember doing all the things he said to do as well. Anyone actually got deal? And also the one for KIA where i had to win a certain amount of games i won enough but he never said anything. Anyone had different results?
Old 02-01-2014, 01:45 AM   #3551
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Funny having the post-game pep talk from Lebron in uniform after a game that he didn't even play in. The strange thing is he must have been injured before but never saw him on the injured list.. Wade was also hurt that game.. lost in OT when I had used up my minutes and sat the whole OT rather than go over 25 minutes.. definitely my LEAST favorite part of next gen Career is you can be UNDER your assigned minutes but no matter the situation you won't go OVER them

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 02-01-2014 at 01:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 02:32 AM   #3552
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Funny having the post-game pep talk from Lebron in uniform after a game that he didn't even play in. The strange thing is he must have been injured before but never saw him on the injured list.. Wade was also hurt that game.. lost in OT when I had used up my minutes and sat the whole OT rather than go over 25 minutes.. definitely my LEAST favorite part of next gen Career is you can be UNDER your assigned minutes but no matter the situation you won't go OVER them

Hey be careful what you wish or you're gonna get hit with the substitution glitch lol. When you get this cheese you're stuck on the floor w/ your teammates for the entire game lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »