Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #625
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Just a quick comment: yes my player is very much scripted

also there seems to be a glitch with signature skills, i bought level 3 acrobat and it worked great first couple of games, the acrobat skill highlight every time i attack the basket and lay it up against paint defenders, anyone experienced this?

now it never highlights anymore, it's annoying as i spent 7500 vc on it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #626
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraulo234
^ but can you select the base shot? help anyone?
Yes you choose the base and the release
LA DODGERS
Old 11-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #627
Pro

Quote:
Just a quick comment: yes my player is very much scripted

also there seems to be a glitch with signature skills, i bought level 3 acrobat and it worked great first couple of games, the acrobat skill highlight every time i attack the basket and lay it up against paint defenders, anyone experienced this?

now it never highlights anymore, it's annoying as i spent 7500 vc on it
The pick dodger skill isn't working for me but spending 7500 On a skill and it don't work gonna suck.
LA DODGERS
Old 11-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #628
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
The pick dodger skill isn't working for me but spending 7500 On a skill and it don't work gonna suck.
yeah it sucks, weird that it worked for a couple of games

btw signature skills from cg to next gen are identical correct? because theres no description on what the sig skill actually do on next gen
Old 11-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #629
Pro

Just blew out the grizzlies without z-Bo in their lineup. Lou will sent off hitting 7 3s. They had no one to score so we ran away with this game. I love playing with the hawks with the team they put around me. But now I gonna call it quits because the game keeps freezing during the riding with the big time agent cut scene.
LA DODGERS
Old 11-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #630
Pro

Quote:
yeah it sucks, weird that it worked for a couple of games

btw signature skills from cg to next gen are identical correct? because theres no description on what the sig skill actually do on next gen
Hit triangle ps4 or Y xbox when you click where you select which skill you want and it will let you scroll each one and give a description.
LA DODGERS
Old 11-30-2013, 05:13 AM   #631
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyy
Is it just me or is this career highly scripted? I mean beyond the player of your position getting injured giving you a shot, it seems that the game forces you to have off nights and to fail.

For instance, I have a 90 (max for my athletic) mid range shot. Prior to the game D. Cousins tried to make me a sidekick and I wasn't having it. My guy said he'd drop 25 and we'd blow out the timberwolves. The coach calls you on it (of course) yet it feels like the game is intentionally setting me up to fail this task.

I get missing shots, that happens. But I counted 13 wide open shots with excellent releases that clanked off the rim. I restart the console (I'm perfectly fine with failing, It's just this felt too scripted) to try this again, same thing.
Yeah, it's pretty scripted. Which was a terrible idea. I just did that choice and i said yeah i'd be a sidekick to derrick favors. Which is stupid in the first place, he's not even that good and my stats destroy his. But i said "what the hell" i'll be a team player or whatever stupid point this mode is trying to make. So i have some kind of dynamic goal to pass to favors or assist to him a certain amount of times, something like that. Low and behold, derrick is hot and going off(he's not even a scorer like that in real life, but if the game wants something to happen, it does). Then when we lose(partly because i'm forced to pass to him all the time) there's a cutscene where favors is all like "yeah man, great job, that's what i'm talking about, nobody can stop us if we keep playing like this" and my guys is like "yeah man, nobody can stop this". And i'm just sitting there like "what are these idiots talking about, we lost the game!" The game mode is very scripted to the point that some events and scenes don't even make sense lol. I never wanna see this in my player again, it's pointless and annoying.

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 11-30-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 05:21 AM   #632
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
Hit triangle ps4 or Y xbox when you click where you select which skill you want and it will let you scroll each one and give a description.
cool thanks, will try

did not know that, seriously 2k had some bad menus prior to this game but this is just the worst yet ever ive seen in any video game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »