Home

I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

This is a discussion on I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #561
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

LOL, The_Throne2k11 dude sounds EXACTLY like a player who got me kicked out of an OA last year on 2K12. Pausing the game after every fast break three I took or whenever I was going into the paint and then messaging me telling to "mix up my offense", LOL what a load of poppycock. I don't now if this was a league-wide thing, but he was putting his hands up on every single play like an absolute idiot, as if he was oblivious to the fact that I could and should just burn him for standing there like a dufus, and then he would be wondering and complaining when I was going to the paint.

These so-called "sim" players do nothing but run floppy plays ALL game, and they have the temerity to accuse you of being one-dimensional and not mixing up your offense. That's why I think the majority of these "sim" leagues are complete and utter FRAUDS. They use anachronistic rules like PIP and 100% on ball D, to hide the fact that they aren't that good at defending and refuse to acknowledge the fact there is more than one way of playing defense in the same way that there is more than one way of playing offense. When they say, "mix up your offense", it really means, "OK, could you stop feeding the ball to Kobe in the post, because he is taking my defender to the cleaners, and since I am not allowing myself to play off ball D, I can't do anything effectively to get the ball out of Kobe's hands..."

The problem with these "sim" players is that because they haven't gone through the caludron that is online ranked, they're SOFT. Since they refuse to play against people that play at 100 MPH, they prefer to play at 20 MPH like a tortoise, and prefer to make pretty little pictures with their cute little floppy plays instead of playing actual BASKETBALL, which means putting pressure on the defense at ALL times and allowing yourself to play off ball D.

For this reason, I prefer to refer to myself as a realist, rather than the "connoisseurs of sim snobbery" .

Last edited by Optik; 10-15-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #562
Rookie

VincentB's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
LOL, The_Throne2k11 dude sounds EXACTLY like a player who got me kicked out of an OA last year on 2K12. Pausing the game after every fast break three I took or whenever I was going into the paint and then messaging me telling to "mix up my offense", LOL what a load of poppycock. I don't now if this was a league-wide thing, but he was putting his hands up on every single play like an absolute idiot, as if he was oblivious to the fact that I could and should just burn him for standing there like a dufus, and then he would be wondering and complaining when I was going to the paint.
I almost spit out my drink haha. That's exactly what he did when I played him. You can't make this stuff up.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #563
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

@ Optik, thank you.

Just play basketball, don't cheat the game engine, don't exploit animations (which is still cheating the game engine)... just play ball. If you can't adjust your gonna lose just like in the NBA and any other form of basketball from the streets to the gyms and the Arenas.

Double if your getting one guy killing you, trap at half, force them to the corners, sag off and keep'em out the paint, force long jumpers, anticipate passes, anticipate blocks, play smart and in control. Point is, just play the game, you're gonna win some and lose some deal with it.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #564
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik

These so-called "sim" players do nothing but run floppy plays ALL game, and they have the temerity to accuse you of being one-dimensional and not mixing up your offense. That's why I think the majority of these "sim" leagues are complete and utter FRAUDS. They use anachronistic rules like PIP and 100% on ball D, to hide the fact that they aren't that good at defending and refuse to acknowledge the fact there is more than one way of playing defense in the same way that there is more than one way of playing offense. When they say, "mix up your offense", it really means, "OK, could you stop feeding the ball to Kobe in the post, because he is taking my defender to the cleaners, and since I am not allowing myself to play off ball D, I can't do anything effectively to get the ball out of Kobe's hands..."

The problem with these "sim" players is that because they haven't gone through the caludron that is online ranked, they're SOFT. Since they refuse to play against people that play at 100 MPH, they prefer to play at 20 MPH like a tortoise, and prefer to make pretty little pictures with their cute little floppy plays instead of playing actual BASKETBALL, which means putting pressure on the defense at ALL times and allowing yourself to play off ball D.

For this reason, I prefer to refer to myself as a realist, rather than the "connoisseurs of sim snobbery" .

Wow great post! I'm adding you on XBL like now lol.

Nah seriously tho that just summed up sim players perfectly! Majority of sim players think sim is running floppy sets all game is so true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Old 10-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #565
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Buckeye | xT3BOWFTWx (PSN | Hornets, Bulls, Nets | Kentucky
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #566
Pro

OVR: 4

XBL: ScruffyChicken

If you're looking for an early afternoon or late night sim game, hit me up

Twitter: DeyTukErJeobs

Old 10-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #567
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Opik you have no clue what your talking about. I've played plenty or ranked games since there was such a thing as ranked games so stop your non sense.

Most of you dudes have that ranked game mentality which is when win at all costs not fun and play the right way. Yes you should want to mix up your game. Don't claim SIM then go into rankled game mode on people. I have no problem with sending you a message if I feel your doing something cheesy.

I have fun playing real SIM players not u fake whatever it takes type bums.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 10-16-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #568
Banned

raul24NDLAL12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Opik you have no clue what your talking about. I've played plenty or ranked games since there was such a thing as ranked games so stop your non sense.

Most of you dudes have that ranked game mentality which is when win at all costs not fun and play the right way. Yes you should want to mix up your game. Don't claim SIM then go into rankled game mode on people. I have no problem with sending you a message if I feel your doing something cheesy.

I have fun playing real SIM players not u fake whatever it takes type bums.
Please no one ever play with this player. Pauses the game every time to send you a message if he sees you doing something wrong in the game lol.

Last edited by raul24NDLAL12; 10-16-2012 at 06:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online »