Home

I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

This is a discussion on I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #577
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

Amazing how people think taking the ball into the paint every single possession and not looking for shots on the outside unless its a 3 and they think they are doing nothing wrong...When your shot chart looks like a 1 eyed smiley face, thats not sim. add undressed Italian to the milk man list.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 10-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #578
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Amazing how people think taking the ball into the paint every single possession and not looking for shots on the outside unless its a 3 and they think they are doing nothing wrong...When your shot chart looks like a 1 eyed smiley face, thats not sim. add undressed Italian to the milk man list.
Damn...that's going in a sig right now LOL!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #579
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

I agree and Go Tigers!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #580
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Its sad that OS is getting over run by people who think they're sim but truly are just 'random online' players. I think people think putting the game on 'sim settings' makes them sim. Sim is not about rules -- those rules are in play as guidelines to keep everyone in the realm of 'virtual realism'.

I feel we have to many people claiming sim and they truly are not -- being sim is much more than a bunch of rules -- in the words of my man Da Czar -- its a lifestyle. Hopefully some of you dudes realize what us true sim heads are referring to and crossover to the way but don't act like we're bums or something because of the way we play. If 'floppies' give you trouble then you don't wanna run into a true sim head because what he pulls from his playbook will drive you temporarily insane.

Stop playing video games and play basketball - Da Czar #SimNation
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #581
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

The problem is people all have different definitions of the meaning of "sim". Some people thinks it means playing 100 pct on ball defense, no fast breaking, shooting 90 pct mid range, and only running plays with no iso's or quick sets. When, IMO, that isn't sim. There are alot of NBA teams that barely even run plays as it is, and if their opponent left them open in the paint or from 3 then they'd take advantage of it rather than forcing mid range shots.

I run plays, quick sets, but if my opponent can't guard me 1 on 1 then I will just iso or run pick and roll (which you see more of in the NBA than any set plays).

That is just my experience with the whole "sim" debate. Some people take it too literally and believe they can't do anything but play slow tempo, run plays, take mid range shots, etc. IMO that isn't sim either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #582
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Its sad that OS is getting over run by people who think they're sim but truly are just 'random online' players. I think people think putting the game on 'sim settings' makes them sim. Sim is not about rules -- those rules are in play as guidelines to keep everyone in the realm of 'virtual realism'.

I feel we have to many people claiming sim and they truly are not -- being sim is much more than a bunch of rules -- in the words of my man Da Czar -- its a lifestyle. Hopefully some of you dudes realize what us true sim heads are referring to and crossover to the way but don't act like we're bums or something because of the way we play. If 'floppies' give you trouble then you don't wanna run into a true sim head because what he pulls from his playbook will drive you temporarily insane.

Stop playing video games and play basketball - Da Czar #SimNation
I really think its be helpful for someone like you or Bahnzo (seems like both of you guys are respected for being sim players) to post a video of your gameplay so others can see what being sim (running plays, varying offense and defense) is about. Because I played 2k12 with guys that said they were sim but we have very different interpretations of sim.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #583
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

There are 3 kinds of sim players . 1. Those that get their NBA understanding from ESPN Highlights. 2. That watch Basketball on TV. and 3. Those who actually and go out weekly and play ball with they friends. Most people are 1 and 2..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 10-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #584
Banned

raul24NDLAL12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
There are 3 kinds of sim players . 1. Those that get their NBA understanding from ESPN Highlights. 2. That watch Basketball on TV. and 3. Those who actually and go out weekly and play ball with they friends. Most people are 1 and 2..

3 are probably the worst.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online »