Home

I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

This is a discussion on I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #569
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
LOL, The_Throne2k11 dude sounds EXACTLY like a player who got me kicked out of an OA last year on 2K12. Pausing the game after every fast break three I took or whenever I was going into the paint and then messaging me telling to "mix up my offense", LOL what a load of poppycock. I don't now if this was a league-wide thing, but he was putting his hands up on every single play like an absolute idiot, as if he was oblivious to the fact that I could and should just burn him for standing there like a dufus, and then he would be wondering and complaining when I was going to the paint.

These so-called "sim" players do nothing but run floppy plays ALL game, and they have the temerity to accuse you of being one-dimensional and not mixing up your offense. That's why I think the majority of these "sim" leagues are complete and utter FRAUDS. They use anachronistic rules like PIP and 100% on ball D, to hide the fact that they aren't that good at defending and refuse to acknowledge the fact there is more than one way of playing defense in the same way that there is more than one way of playing offense. When they say, "mix up your offense", it really means, "OK, could you stop feeding the ball to Kobe in the post, because he is taking my defender to the cleaners, and since I am not allowing myself to play off ball D, I can't do anything effectively to get the ball out of Kobe's hands..."

The problem with these "sim" players is that because they haven't gone through the caludron that is online ranked, they're SOFT. Since they refuse to play against people that play at 100 MPH, they prefer to play at 20 MPH like a tortoise, and prefer to make pretty little pictures with their cute little floppy plays instead of playing actual BASKETBALL, which means putting pressure on the defense at ALL times and allowing yourself to play off ball D.

For this reason, I prefer to refer to myself as a realist, rather than the "connoisseurs of sim snobbery" .
Post of the decade.....

I couldn't have said it better and this is exactly how I feel about sim leagues. You can't force people how to play by limiting PIP, fast break points, 3's, etc. There are so many things wrong with rules like that and they take the fun out of the game and the competition. Playing on ball defense 100 pct is not smart either. The best defenders do about 50/50 and are constantly icon switching, rotating, and aligning their players for good help defense. You can't do any of this when you only play 100 pct on ball.

The only things that annoy me are the people who do constant spin dunks/layups and cherry picks, but hey they can be stopped too with the proper adjustments.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #570
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

Real SIM players get at me cuz I'm done with this stupidity.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #571
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would love to run some sim games against some guys.

GT: mavman03

Will be avaliable to play friday and saturday evening/night
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #572
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Not exploiting the engine and competition are the 2 keys to all of this. I am going to be sending all of yall kites on the xbox. 12 min. HOF. No cherry picking. Everything else i will let the skills and strategy decide. I see that there is starting to be 3 factions in 2k13. 1) video gamers/cheesers, 2) orthodox sim players/ bum cheesers, and 3) realistics/ basketball strategists and competitors. Stay in your lane.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #573
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Ok...I was hoping for a better Quick Game Online experience, but after getting about 30 games in it's pretty much more of the same trash. The game rewarding people for unrealistic play. People speed bursting around all game long, reaching in without penalty & passing through traffic. I've had it.

HMU man. If not just for a quick sim game, I would like to join a sim league if anybody needs a player. (XBOX GT in my sig)

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 10-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #574
Just started!

OVR: 0

XBOX 360 : bigsizzurp

someone hit me , lookin for sim play
Old 10-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #575
MVP

OVR: 12

XBox 360: Slik2Wordup

Just adding my GT to the list. I've already added some of the guys on here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #576
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

PSN: Bahnzo

42 year old, I play fair. I don't use the steal button as my defensive strategy, I run plays most times, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online »