Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #433
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Interesting, I remember when I put in his plays for a few teams they seem to run the plays alot and very well at that teams default coach run plays settings, especially the spurs. I think there run plays was at 85 by default and with Vannwolf's playbook they were running plays for Tony Parker and he was killing my team - in a realistic way. Since the Spurs 85 number is a number that is atleast 100, I will try to raise all of the other teams run plays slider to 80-100 range, with Vannwolfs playbooks to see how it goes. So really it isn't so much is that the run plays slider is reversed, its just that 2K's broken plays they have for alot of teams is causing issue with how that team's run there plays and somehow setting the slider all the way down seem to fix the problem, but with Vannwolf eliminating those broken/bad plays the CPU offense seems to call plays correctly, I guess?
Exactly. I'm not sure if the slider was/is reversed or not anymore, I just know that the results were best at 0 before Vann's PBs and they are best at 100 with his PBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I've played 2 games and watched 2 cpu vs cpu games with the latest set and I think there are significant issues with the CPU offense.

I am using the recommended rosters on page 1.

The biggest problem is cpu field goal percentage. In 4 games plus a 5th I am watching right now, the CPU has never been over 40%. I am noticing several issues that may be causing this.

1) Horrible shot selection. CPU passes up wide open mid range jumpers and then takes contested 3's or jumpers with the shot clock running out.

2) There is something to say about shot contests being too strong. The game has no flow on the inside and good players have a tendency to miss what looks like slightly contested layups.

3) I personally believe CPU consistency is a problem, because the flow of made shots is very poor. Scoring will seem like it's going along ok, then both teams (in cpu vs cpu) will go 4 minutes without making a shot. Then it'll be ok for a few minutes, then 4 more minutes of just awful-to-watch basketball.

The good news is I think the user offense plays great. But as it is right now, I beat the spurs on the road with the pacers by 20+ because the CPU offense is just awful.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at this when I have the time.

Just wondering, did you set Run Plays to 100? I know with the roster I suggested that it is set to 0 on default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
So what do I need to do to get this up and running for PS3? I know I don't have the rosters available, but what else?

1) Playbooks? Is that something I get from 2kShare?

2) Edits to play calling coach setting? To what?

I guess I should add that I plan on using AI vs AI for a sim association.
I would suggest downloading Bedwardsroy19's roster, set Run Plays to 0, and enjoy!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #434
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Just wondering, did you set Run Plays to 100? I know with the roster I suggested that it is set to 0 on default.
Ah my bad. But does run plays really affect the FG% that much?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #435
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
I would assume they take better shots mate so I would think yes

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #436
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
I would assume they take better shots mate so I would think yes

Watching CPU vs CPU they seem to run plays every time. So it's better for them to freelance more?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #437
Rookie

OVR: 1

My stats were pretty high with 12 minutes so I moved it down to 10, and got nearly perfect results. Great job on these! One question though, in my association should I leave the sim minutes at 12 or move them to 10 as well? I'm trying to keep stats pretty uniform throughout the season. Thanks again for all the great work on these!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #438
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Yes. With the roster I suggested, setting Run Plays to 100 makes the AI pass the ball around more to get everyone involved in the offense. The Superstars still stand out, but the rest of the team still matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubachani
My stats were pretty high with 12 minutes so I moved it down to 10, and got nearly perfect results. Great job on these! One question though, in my association should I leave the sim minutes at 12 or move them to 10 as well? I'm trying to keep stats pretty uniform throughout the season. Thanks again for all the great work on these!
That's strange, I've never had a problem with 12 minute quarters.

If you set the quarters to 10 minutes, you will still need to keep the Sim Quarter Length at 12.

Glad you're enjoying the sliders
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #439
MVP

OVR: 4
I've been playing with 11 min quarters seem to be averaging around 82 fga per game which is about average... One thing... I'm struggling to keep the points in the paint down... Any tips?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #440
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Is there a way I can put this file on my flashdrive on a mac computer because its saying that my flashdrive has read only permission

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »