Home

Understanding slider coefficients

This is a discussion on Understanding slider coefficients within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #81
Rookie

RIP GUTT CAPONE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

I had to put cpu on 36 for inside shot success and close cuz they were hitting everything underneath with a hand in the face. 60-65% FG a game by cpu usually, until i lowered it.

Loving 2k15,
Kinda hating Destiny
Hate NBA live 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

hmm... i was thinking, if one were to lock all of the sliders at fifty with cheatengine (pc version), and then turn up the difficulty, would we get a higher difficulty without the cheating? minus sod/sit of course.

but wouldn't that be just like playing on pro? i'm sort of confused as to how the game applies these boosts.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #83
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul
but wouldn't that be just like playing on pro? i'm sort of confused as to how the game applies these boosts.

Not at all. I will explain why (again).

On Pro, there are timing windows for shooting, stealing, blocking, etc... Those window time lengths are say (1.0 second on Pro) **Arbitrary number only for explanation**

On Pro, ratings are unaltered for both HUM and CPU players on the court, meaning that what you see is what you get rating wise. Verifiable in game by switching controllers to the other team mid game.

On All Star, those same timing windows get reduced, so say they are now (0.75 seconds on AS) essentially making the game "harder" for the USER, knowing release points, timing steals, blocks right are that much harder now.

On All Star, the CPU ratings get altered by roughly 5 points for almost every attribute (the list is on pg 1 or so of this thread), meaning that a player with 80 On-ball defense is now an 85 On-ball rated defender. We wonder why we see scrubs doing work all over the court, this becomes much more apparent the higher you go in difficulty.

... Superstar equals ~ 7 point boost, HoF equals ~ 10-12 point boost.

... Windows are reduced again for each level, SS - 0.5, HoF - 0.25. **Again arbitrary numbers as I do not know them and they are only for example only**

I have figured this out by doing some random testing w/ a hunch and it worked out as we now have a base on what to do in-order to get the CPU back to realism, rating wise. Which will help in the BS that people see on different difficulty levels while others strictly stick with Pro due to that BS (maybe there is a reason why, an inherent hunch?).

Random Notes:
  • Unsure if AI (Artificial Intelligence) is affected by difficulty change, I don't think they get smarter, but more their timing is better (faster) that is for sure.
  • Game physics do not change with diff. change.
  • Play-calling does not get better with diff. change.
  • Shot distribution/tendencies do not get better with diff. change.
  • Shoot off Dribble and Shoot in Traffic are raised and cannot be changed since there is no slider for those attributes. (there are some ways to counter this though, read through this thread)
  • On HoF difficulty the CPU will take advantage of any opening you give them to the rack.If you cannot stop them, drop the ego and move on down to SS or AS, no point in complaining when you can make the change for yourself.

Final thought of this morning... 1st draft slider set is near completion and it will be a HoF set, made for Online Associations with both USER and CPU teams, can be used for Offline Assocs as well.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #84
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul
hmm... i was thinking, if one were to lock all of the sliders at fifty with cheatengine (pc version), and then turn up the difficulty, would we get a higher difficulty without the cheating? minus sod/sit of course.
I would assume the boost would still be there, as the ratings get changed on the back end with the diff. change. I will test this theory out though sometime today and report back.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #85
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

One thing really annoying me and making me hesitate from making slider changes is that we cant load slider sets this year. Im afraid to change sliders, then when playing with human on same console, someone will be at a disadvantage. Thats how it was previously in 2k. I read that this is changed this year. Is this confirmed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #86
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
One thing really annoying me and making me hesitate from making slider changes is that we cant load slider sets this year. Im afraid to change sliders, then when playing with human on same console, someone will be at a disadvantage. Thats how it was previously in 2k. I read that this is changed this year. Is this confirmed?
Yes previously thats how it was, but I checked with two controllers to test the HUM (HOME) CPU (AWAY) issue/theory this year and its no longer there, only HUM sliders effect USER ratings.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #87
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP GUTT CAPONE
I had to put cpu on 36 for inside shot success and close cuz they were hitting everything underneath with a hand in the face. 60-65% FG a game by cpu usually, until i lowered it.
same w/ close,mid,3p...should all be lowered somewhat...cpu shooting lights out
Old 11-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #88
Banned

Jason, you have the best insight on these forums imo, great work, a few quick questions though, is the default actually 50 or 0? like as an example if you have the general slider sets for attack basket at 50 does that mean it defaults to the specific teams attack basket and play sliders, or would that be at 0?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »