Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #657
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
I continued my UAV killing last night.

I downed 2 more apaches and 2 blackhawks with the UAV. Just find them and start ramming them with the UAV. It makes the helicopters spaz out and the pilots start to spin out of control.

You dont get any kills for it, but it is awesome to watch a blackhawk crash against a building.

Also, I can't wait for the full game so I can switch out the medic LMG for a normal gun from the global unlocks. Give me the tommy gun!
I do that also but I also find that the UAV IMO is to powerful, when the machin gun is so powerful that it takes out a Blackhawk easy IMO is cheap. IDK, wish they like make the Heli immune to UAV bullets or something.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 02-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #658
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

just read a tip where if you work together with an assault carrying shotty and C4, (with resupply he can do like 6) you have him load the UAV with C4 and then you pilot it to a spot (B on first map) and have him detonate when it is close....
Old 02-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #659
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I agree but you would not build a PC just for one game. A computer can be used for many things. Plus there are games that are better on PC. I use my 360 the most but I use my computer for the games that are built better for it. BC2 is one of those.
I guess my point was some of us are limited to 360/PS3 so we don't have a choice of console vs. computer, such as you do. I do realize that some games, including ones I play, are better on PC but the computer I have right now services all of my personal and professional needs so the only reason to get a new one would be to play games on it, and that would be a waste of money to me. Even if I did have the choice of console or computer, I would probably still choose 360 most of the time because all the friends I game with have 360s. I can go solo just fine, but it's a lot more fun with friends.

Any way, not trying to take this off topic, I'll reiterate that my second experience with the demo wasn't as bad as the first. My roommate's gonna get it for his PS3, and I was curious if there were other game modes than what is in the demo? I remember the last Bad Company only had one game mode, which got old to me very quickly.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #660
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
I was curious if there were other game modes than what is in the demo? I remember the last Bad Company only had one game mode, which got old to me very quickly.

4 game modes - Rush, Conquest, Squad TDM (4 teams of 4), Squad Rush (2 teams of 4).
Old 02-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #661
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
I continued my UAV killing last night.

I downed 2 more apaches and 2 blackhawks with the UAV. Just find them and start ramming them with the UAV. It makes the helicopters spaz out and the pilots start to spin out of control.

You dont get any kills for it, but it is awesome to watch a blackhawk crash against a building.

[b]Also, I can't wait for the full game so I can switch out the medic LMG for a normal gun from the global unlocks.[b] Give me the tommy gun!
That's another thing that didn't make any sense to me. Why is the medic's default gun a heavy machine gun? Seems a bit ridiculous to me, glad you're able to swap it out later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #662
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
That's another thing that didn't make any sense to me. Why is the medic's default gun a heavy machine gun? Seems a bit ridiculous to me, glad you're able to swap it out later.
I'd imagine because they have all the other gun classes covered. I think it makes okay sense, not my favorite but LMG are support and the medic is pretty much 100% support.

I still wish Engineers had their c4. c4 with the SMG meant I could take out crates with easy in BC1
Old 02-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #663
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Anyone else unable to connect to the server? On 360.

Last edited by av7; 02-03-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #664
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Anyone else unable to connect to the server? On 360.
Servers were acting up on PC last night. They were extremely slow and rank was not showing up all the time. So you would not get the option to add the things you unlocked. I was stuck playing with default load outs most the night and quit after horrible lag.

I think they are working on making sure the online can handle the load come launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »