Home

NFL wants to remove dreads

This is a discussion on NFL wants to remove dreads within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NFL wants to remove dreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
As the Murrs fan aluded to earlier, I cant help but see a tinge of racial bias in this proposed rule. The Locks thing is a cultural and on some levels religious symbol for some of these guys. Not all of them of course but a few. I think you set a bad precedent for discrimination by letting this rule happen. I guess i understand the logic behind letting names show, but I dont like the principles associated with a rule like this. It wreaks of the NBA suit ruling of a few years ago. The NFL is trying to remove itself from the young, black, urban, hip-hop, image of the players that make them so much money.

I dont like it
The NFL should be able to do whatever they want. It is a PRIVATELY owned business.

And about the NBA suit thing, I don't see a problem with that. You can't come into your office job in your "hood wear", so why should you be able to go into an NBA press conference like that?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
The NFL should be able to do whatever they want. It is a PRIVATELY owned business.

And about the NBA suit thing, I don't see a problem with that. You can't come into your office job in your "hood wear", so why should you be able to go into an NBA press conference like that?
Why? Because most jobs where you're going to be around sweat, funk and blood don't require a suit.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:40 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

Someone in the NFL doesn't like locks and the white shirts are acting out. The "remove the locks" regulation is going to be very interested especially if the hair is connected to a religion and culture.

Last edited by grunt; 03-26-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #36
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

The NFL is already one of the strictist "jobs" I've seen when it comes to uniforms and such. People getting fines for putting stickers on their helmets comes to mind...

That's just it though, uniforms they own, the players, while they may be paying them a large amount of money, they do not actually own them. If something like this were implemented I would say it's going way overboard. But personally, I think it's another story in the period between the combine and the draft, to fill in the "downtime". Nothing more.

This too shall pass.

Nascar: #88 Junior
Old 03-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #37
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Well I have dreads , the real deal I might add lol, and if a job asked me to cut mine I'd respectfully decline. If they insisted then they'd have a lawsuit on their hands. Point blank.
It's not what's on my head that should be your concern, it's whats' in it that you should be worried about.
Well, that may work in fantasy land, but in the real world your lawsuit wouldn't fly.

Businesses are privately owned, and unless you could prove that the request was racially motivated, they can do whatever the hell they want.

Remember, they're cutting you the paycheck. You are in their world, on their terms.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #38
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992

Yeah but you change clothes everyday, and after a while...I'm sure most of them came to like dressing up everyday. Someone like Totalownership..he may never grow those dreads back if he cuts them.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #39
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Although I'm not a fan of the dreads, I could really care less how long a guys hair is. It's the players risk to wear long hair so who cares. And the thing about the guys in the NFL with dreads is that most of them keep them pretty professional looking. Troy's are a bit different but he's just a different type of guy.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #40
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

I have dreads, (real hair, no yarn, etc), and I have never bee asked to cut them. IN fact, I get compliments on my hair almost daily. As long as it is neat how can it be a detriment to any employer? Let's face it, this along with the suit thing in the nba is an attempt by the owners to curtail the cultural influence that the players have by making them fit a certain look. You can argue wheter or not its a good thing or not, but you can't argue against that being the primary issue.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »