Home
News Post

Now that the dust has settled and a new National Champion has been crowned, college football fans now face a harsh truth: We must endure the long, prosaic, football-less interim until the 2009 season kicks off in August.

For many of us, the culmination of the real-life NCAA football season signals the demise of the annual love affair with EA Sports’ NCAA Football, and shifts the focus to the future. While the introduction of the Online Dynasty mode will likely give NCAA 09 some added momentum this year, many gamers -- if they have not already -- will begin to discuss the new features and improvements the 2010 version will bring to the table.

There is already a lengthy NCAA Football 10 wish-list thread here on OS, but I felt it was time to begin the consolidation process.

Read More - NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cane_Mutiny @ 01/12/09 05:44 PM
Dynamic attendance (I don't want to see the Superdome sold out for a Tulane game, or Legion Field sold out for a UAB game! Even my Canes shouldn't be selling out Dolphin Stadium in-game...) and definitely a more realistic passing game.

More unique environment aspects would be good too (I'd love to see the Canes run through the smoke in NCAA 2010) and what they had in 08 where it got darker as the game progressed into the night was great.

EA has a shot to make NCAA 2010 a great game - I hope they don't blow it (although I won't be surprised if they do....)

# 2 tuch94 @ 01/12/09 06:06 PM
They have to add 1-AA teams.....they have them in PS2 and adding at least SOME of them will make the game more enjoyable for fans of those teams (UMASS)

# 3 TrevJo @ 01/12/09 06:19 PM
-Online Dynasty: FIX THE DAMN ONLINE DYNASTY PLAYERS LEAVING GLITCH!
-Dynasty Mode: You should still be able to view your roster during all the offseason steps.
-Tone down the list of new features, and get the features you have right!! Online dynasty is the only new feature EA has added to the game in years, stop adding garbage features and start fixing bugs.

# 4 thmst30 @ 01/12/09 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
They have to add 1-AA teams.....they have them in PS2 and adding at least SOME of them will make the game more enjoyable for fans of those teams (UMASS)
It's not happening.

# 5 GoToledo @ 01/12/09 06:41 PM
While dynamic attendance was in NCAA 09, it was done poorly. The system they had in 06 for this was perfect, IMO. Many more empty seats.

Also, I will beat the dead horse by asking once again for an accelerated clock.

# 6 krc1130 @ 01/12/09 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
While dynamic attendance was in NCAA 09, it was done poorly. The system they had in 06 for this was perfect, IMO. Many more empty seats.

Also, I will beat the dead horse by asking once again for an accelerated clock.
Yeah and now is a great time because this year they added a rule that the play clock starts after the blown whistle like in the NFL so this makes sense.

# 7 asu666 @ 01/12/09 06:50 PM
1. The playclock updated to the current rules and time for defensive adjustments.
2. All of the stadiums
3. Show the defense and run games some love too
4. Speed up the menus
5. Better in-game presentation
6. Player behavior included again
7. Dynamic attendance
8. The ability to turn off Turbo
9. Interactive sidelines
10. Drills return to Dynasty mode

# 8 cch99 @ 01/12/09 06:51 PM
To be honest with you I haven't bought this game yet for the PS3. I stuck to the PS2 for 2008 and didn't even buy at all this year.

That being said the two big things (for me) that kept me from getting this game were:

1. Camera Views: More Choices especially Long or Overhead.
--I know lots of people don't have a problem with the view and thats great. But there are a lot of us that do and don't like the view.

2. In Game Saves: They still have never added this to NCAA.
-- I don't generally have hours to play and would love in game saves.

I know these aren't huge things in regards to the game and probably most people's wishlists but these 2 things would get me to by the game.

# 9 Jebus @ 01/12/09 06:57 PM
And a Region Free Xbox version, so I can get it!!!

# 10 goirish3 @ 01/12/09 07:15 PM
More incentives to use a wide varity of teams. EA does a great job with all 119 teams uniforms and different formations plus USC vs USC or Texas vs Oklahoma get a little borning to me. I like a Bowling Green vs Toledo or Stanford vs Arizona.

# 11 goirish3 @ 01/12/09 07:17 PM
Big match ups like Army vs Navy or Texas vs Oklahoma online should be played on netural sites.

# 12 Bumble14 @ 01/12/09 07:23 PM
BOWL PATCHES!!!!!! NO GENERIC BOWL ENDZONES!!!!! PLEEEEEASSSSE EA.

# 13 dlane0087 @ 01/12/09 07:48 PM
I think that Campus Legend needs to either improve or be removed. I mean there is so much that they could do if they turned it into an RPG type mode. For those who have played Fallout 3, do you guys feel like you have a connection with him? I know that seems dorky lol, but it's what made me play the game until 4 in the morning, if EA could do that with Campus Legend I think that it would push this game into the threshold of not just a good game, but a great game.

# 14 nbluedevils @ 01/12/09 07:52 PM
um...espn integration? you have it, so use it!! sportscenter, the day's highlights and upsets, bcs speculation shows, and in-game espn presentation (ticker, scoreboard, penalties, etc) would all add a level of realism to the game.

also, it would be nice to create a more momentum-centric playing style, a la NHL 09. make players seem like they actually have weight, so that you can't flick the left stick around and expect your players to cut 90 degrees without stopping or slowing down. get rid of turbo if you have to (again like NHL 09) and make the game actually play like a real football game.

# 15 stoncold32 @ 01/12/09 08:10 PM
Is this list going to even be seen by anyone? Anywho....

1. Endzone art, for bowl games, whether in-season or exhibition. I'm NOT buying this game if that is not put back in this series. If the on-field play is lacking, at least give me the right atmosphere.

2. Defensive speed. I'm NOT buying this game again if I have to put up with FB's being able to outrun my fastest LB's or even some of my DB's who have speed in the 90's. Give me back my speed on defense.

3. CPU needs to at least challenge me with deep passes. And CPU if they are going to runt he option, they need to RUN, and not keeping pitter-patting around. Another NOT to buy reason.

There are a myriad of other issues that I agree with, as adressed by others in this thread.

But for me, if these 3 things are not done, I'm NOT buying. Point blank. These are all things currently included in the PS2 version, therefore it's well within the realm of being able to be implemented.

I might be only one lost sale, but this is more about giving us your best effort than it is about money or even the lack of features I listed.

# 16 GaryT531 @ 01/12/09 08:11 PM
bowl end zone patches without a doubt. no generics anymore please

real time lighting and on field shadows that progress throughout a game

all of the new helmet types/models

detail like making player's breath more visible during cold weather games

1-AA teams like in ps2 versions

oregon's white helmets and all white uniforms

all stadiums

improved post-game cut scenes

tv style camera or press box view

when selecting uniforms, be able to select helmet, top, and pants individualy. this way more uniform combinations are available.

throwback uniforms (90's miami, washington, syracuse for example)

even more alternate jerseys

classic teams

keep the ea locker feature

# 17 GaryT531 @ 01/12/09 08:17 PM
nfl stadiums available to select as a neutral field site

notre dame 90's throwback uniforms

# 18 Rbush903 @ 01/12/09 08:27 PM
Create a school, and not a half a** version either, something better than last-gen or close to create a team in APF2k8

Better running animation, and real game speed, this games moves like an atari game. Please see NCAA 2006 for Xbox

ESPN presentation close to or better than ESPN NFL2k5

Just a better game, you guys have the license make the consumers feel like you actually should have it instead of doing everything 50% effort, NCAA 09 sucked balls

# 19 RAZRr1275 @ 01/12/09 08:53 PM
My .02 is in the wishlist thread.

# 20 BackToLiveAction @ 01/12/09 08:54 PM
they need more white sneakers for away tems like texas

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.