Home
Madden 2010 News Post

IndustryGamers seems to think so.

Quote:
"With publishers and retailers having come and gone to E3 this past week, having seen no sign of any console hardware price cuts, the industry is starting to get antsy. Sales in the U.S. are expected to drop yet again in May by as much as 17% and movement on hardware pricing can't come soon enough, especially on the still too expensive PS3.

The good news is that Sony may be preparing to lower the price on PS3 this August in order to take advantage of the launch of EA Sports' Madden, which is always an event unto itself. Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia reports in his latest industry note that “industry sources indicate Sony is planning a $100 price cut on the PS3 in mid-August, just prior the launch of Madden (8/18) and the start of the back to school shopping season. This will naturally be a positive for the industry."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Smoke316 @ 06/09/09 11:29 PM
i heard this...but they have been talkin price cut fora few months now and it hjasnt happened. my guessis if it happens it wont be until the holidays. it sucks because i plan on buying a ps3 this sunday...now i dont know

# 2 Jono078 @ 06/09/09 11:30 PM
I don't know how much impact this will have for the PS3 or Madden.

Apparently Madden is better on 360 (unfortunately!) but I guess some may finally want/get their PS3 and FREE online franchise would be appealing.

# 3 steelernation28 @ 06/09/09 11:41 PM
I own a 360 and have no plan to buy a ps3 so I don't really care. I'm sure the 360 version will run smoother as well.

# 4 SouthernBrick @ 06/10/09 12:38 AM
I've missed playstation pretty bad ever since they jacked up the price on thier console and games. They need a price drop in the games to 60 dollars. However until I see a must have game won't be buying one. Metal gear solid was a must have for me and kill zone was the only games I really wanted to play along with some other titles but only one must have game. 360 is getting a piece metal gear and kill zone is not a must have so playstation for me is a little late with the price cuts. For me anyway.

No doubt the price cut will help them out some. Now all they need to do is cut down the games 10 dollars and with the right game I would make a jump for the PS3 even with a 70 dollar plus tax game. Even though its not much of a difference 60 dollars sounds so much more cheaper than 70. Playstation went insane.

So how much will the PS3 be now?

# 5 turfguy23 @ 06/10/09 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
I own a 360 and have no plan to buy a ps3 so I don't really care. I'm sure the 360 version will run smoother as well.
I owned a 360 until it crapped out with the RODeath. I have no plan to buy another one "so I don't really care." I'm sure the PS3 version will be just as much FUN TO PLAY as the 360.

continue on earthlings.......

# 6 beefjohnson @ 06/10/09 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
No offense and I know I shouldn't make my first post negative towards another member but please do just a few seconds of research before you talk about game prices. A quick look at gamestop's website or any website that sells games for that matter would show very clearly prices for PS3 games are the exact same as 360 games. And also has anyone actually confirmed the 360 version runs smoother then the PS3 version after watching E3 videos from both systems I'm thinking Ian and Co. finally got both versions running the same so until its proven otherwise which if it has been then forget this part of the post then no one knows which version is better if one even is. But seriously before you state something as a fact you really should check it to make sure its right!!

But as to your question about how much the PS3 would be if a $100 price cut happened the 60GB would be 299.99 and the 160GB would be 399.99.

yeah i was confused because I swear I thought ps3 and 360's games were the same price lol

As far as people saying whats better...eh..idk. Ive played both and theres not much difference as far as playing goes imo.

I will hand PS3 props though for lasting. Buddy of mine still has his first one he bought when they dropped.

Since then ive went through 3 xbox's bc of the ring which we do not speak of..its bad luck. So gameplay wise..to me..not much difference to matter...system quality hands down goes to ps3 for me. Ive been wanting to buy one but $400 isnt cutting it...ive been hoping they would atleast drop it to 300

# 7 rckabillyRaider @ 06/10/09 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
i heard this...but they have been talkin price cut fora few months now and it hjasnt happened. my guessis if it happens it wont be until the holidays. it sucks because i plan on buying a ps3 this sunday...now i dont know
just do it bro. You wont regret it. I been hearing about the price cut for months too, but I still went ahead and got my ps3 just prior to MLB 09 the show. My xbox 360 and Wii are now collecting dust. Hell, I even got a PSP since then too!

# 8 blklightning @ 06/10/09 01:54 AM
^^^the ps2 lost? that is hilarious.

btw, the ps3 is a great deal at 399, imo. it would be a straight up steal at 299.

# 9 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/10/09 02:02 AM
Well atleast they are getting cheaper. ?? madden 10 coming out on the 18th. I thought it was coming out on the 14th which is a friday??

# 10 DirtyBird @ 06/10/09 07:19 AM
Even if they did lower the price i probably still wouldnt be able to get it. Also i like xbox 360 better.

# 11 Exonerated @ 06/10/09 07:29 AM
A price cut may make it more accessible for my friends.

# 12 stlstudios189 @ 06/10/09 08:15 AM
I am a xbox guy now and I don't really miss my playstation. PS2 was the best system ever in sales and the PS3 is powerful but the price drop is too late for me.

# 13 Yo-Yo @ 06/10/09 09:40 AM
Kinda late, sony. everyone already bought wii's and 360's.

# 14 BlackRome @ 06/10/09 10:34 AM
A blu-ray player for 299 with the ability to play one or two games I might like.

I'm in since I don't have a blu-ray player.

# 15 seasprite @ 06/10/09 10:38 AM
As a owner of all three systems, I would say that 299 is definitly worth it. All you have to say is GOW3 and it is instantly worth a measly 300 bones.

# 16 Netherscourge @ 06/10/09 10:40 AM
If I owned a Xbox 360, a PS3 and a Wii, I'd only buy the Xbox 360 version.

Why?

Because it's the version EA uses the most to display the game at shows and on the internet.

Which leads me to conclude that it's the most polished version available.

I'm sure the other consoles are fine and have great games too, but for Madden, the Xbox 360 seems to be the system of choice.

# 17 Jamin23 @ 06/10/09 10:46 AM
I would pay $299 for a PS3. $400 is too much for me for a PS3 when I already have a 360, but I want a PS3 so I hope they do drop the price.

# 18 BlackRome @ 06/10/09 10:49 AM
Umm The PS3 is losing and sinking.

The NPD sales data for January has been released, and video game sales in the US remain strong. Overall, sales saw a thirteen percent jump from last year, proving that the gaming industry is one of the rare strong points in the US economy... even if individual developers are struggling. While both Nintendo and Microsoft have solid angles to play up this month, Sony is struggling with a significant drop in year-over-year sales as well as a lack of software titles in the top ten list.

Microsoft

The 360 sold a decent amount in January with 309,000 units moved. Microsoft's system also moved a ton of software with Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty: World at War, and Skate 2 taking the fourth, fifth, and sixth places on the software sales list. Lord of the Rings: Conquest is one of the rare new releases on the list, coming in at tenth place.

This continues the trend we see month after month: Microsoft falls way behind Nintendo in hardware sales, but the blockbuster console releases—aimed mostly at the so-called "core gamer"—find a home on the 360.
Sony

The PlayStation sold 203,200 units, more than 100,000 less than the 360, and the PSP and PS2 sold 172,300 and 101,200 respectively. Those are solid numbers, and all told Sony sold a good amount of each of its hardware in the family, but none of the systems took any kind of leadership role on the boards. PlayStation 3 sales are also down year over year—not a good sign for the continued growth of the system, especially when the Xbox 360 saw solid year-over-year growth from 230,000 to 309,000.

What does this mean. Developers are not making money producing Sony's games. Unless they get more units in homes you can expect the PS3 to be a great Blu Ray player.

If you paid 399 to 599 for a PS3 do you really feel as though the games are 100-200 dollars better on your system than a 360.

It's actually embarrassing that most of the games have been better on the 360. So if your a developer and you can make more money if your game is on the 360 why would you put so much time in getting a great PS3 game which will cause more to produce for less profit.

Like some have said. This price cut comes to late.

Didn't Microsoft do the same thing before Madden hit last year. What happened to the originality Sony. When did they ever expect to hit the sweet spot for selling systems 199.

Sony killed itself. But I would purchase that great Blu Ray machine for 299.

# 19 Netherscourge @ 06/10/09 11:40 AM
1. Madden's biggest sales are in North America.

2. The Xbox 360's biggest sales are in North America.

Therefore, it's no coincidence that Madden's biggest sales are on the Xbox 360, NOT the PS3.

This is also true of just about all 3rd party Multi-Platform games in North America.

Multi-platform games sell better on the Xbox 360 then the PS3 in North American because more people in North America own 360's then PS3s.

It's a combintation of the the user-installed base and forecasting that usually determines which console a game is built on and which console gets a "port".

Lowering the price of the PS3 will definately help sell more consoles, but if people own both a PS3 and an Xbox 360, chances are people will still get the multiplats for the 360 and just buy exclusives for the PS3.

# 20 ewto16 @ 06/10/09 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I've missed playstation pretty bad ever since they jacked up the price on thier console and games. They need a price drop in the games to 60 dollars. However until I see a must have game won't be buying one. Metal gear solid was a must have for me and kill zone was the only games I really wanted to play along with some other titles but only one must have game. 360 is getting a piece metal gear and kill zone is not a must have so playstation for me is a little late with the price cuts. For me anyway.

No doubt the price cut will help them out some. Now all they need to do is cut down the games 10 dollars and with the right game I would make a jump for the PS3 even with a 70 dollar plus tax game. Even though its not much of a difference 60 dollars sounds so much more cheaper than 70. Playstation went insane.

So how much will the PS3 be now?
You should really work on your grammar and research before bothering to post anything.

PS3 games are $60, the same cost as 360 games. Have been the entire time. Sony never charged more for their games. Both charge $10 more than the Wii.

You say that MGS and Killzone were must have games for you, but then you say 360 is getting Metal Gear and KillZone isn't a must have. Which is it?

Your whole statement/paragraph is just jibberish. To think that you have posted over 200 times and they have all probably been this meangingful is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro

But as to your question about how much the PS3 would be if a $100 price cut happened the 60GB would be 299.99 and the 160GB would be 399.99.
There is no 60GB PS3 anymore....80GB and 160GB. Otherwise, your assumed price structure is correct.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.