Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This is a very very late addition/change to MLB 11 The Show. Kolbe and Jeff Ulman, one of our senior AI programmers, went into the cave this past weekend and re-wrote a massive amount of code for trades and off-season logic for franchise mode.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 myghty @ 01/26/11 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
Also, with Free Agent Signings, has anything been discussed or upgraded as far as when/with which team players sign with?

It always stings when a FA shows the most interest in my offer but then resigns with his old team or another even showing less interest. I know this is somewhat "real," but I can't help but think that this game should have an alert to tell us that the player will make up his mind soon/by the next day, so if we really really need him, we can up the offer to "absurd" and max out the offer to ensure we sign him. I mean, what's the point of having the interest bar if they don't sign with the most interesting offer??
Also connected to this, while simming through the offseason day-to-day, you have no idea if his interest changes or if another team offers him a contract, so you have to enter into every single day to check your contract offers and it's very slow and time consuming.

Maybe an alert to tell us that his offers or interest has changed?
You think the Yankees felt the same way when Cliff Lee went to the Phillies at the last minute? Hmm.....

# 122 bobeureally27 @ 01/26/11 01:47 AM
Don't think I've seen this addressed. What's the deal with the amateur draft? Is there still going to be an extremely limited number of players in the draft pool?

I remember when compensation picks were implemented (09, I think), I was excited about it because it added realism. But I was disappointed to find out that the draft pool didn't have enough players to complete a draft.

Has this been fixed? Another solution would be to cut down the # of rounds. It was increase from 5 to 10, but really without reason. I'd be happy with 4-5 rounds plus compensation picks if the draft didn't end early because of a shortage of draft-eligible players...

# 123 rts5002 @ 01/26/11 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
You think the Yankees felt the same way when Cliff Lee went to the Phillies at the last minute? Hmm.....
yeah but the truth of the matter is that those cases are few and far between, which is why the deal caused such a stir in the first place.

super stoked about the tweaking of the new AI logic, just the start of many, many, many,....,many, many great things to come for franchise mode

# 124 rts5002 @ 01/26/11 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
Don't think I've seen this addressed. What's the deal with the amateur draft? Is there still going to be an extremely limited number of players in the draft pool?

I remember when compensation picks were implemented (09, I think), I was excited about it because it added realism. But I was disappointed to find out that the draft pool didn't have enough players to complete a draft.

Has this been fixed? Another solution would be to cut down the # of rounds. It was increase from 5 to 10, but really without reason. I'd be happy with 4-5 rounds plus compensation picks if the draft didn't end early because of a shortage of draft-eligible players...
Since we have access to all of the minor league rosters though, it is necessary to have more draft rounds to fill out your roster. i'd really love to see players progress more realistically, but i'm sure the factors involved in writing the code for that would literally make my head explode, so I say let's see what this new change brings, sit back and enjoy the absolute beauty that is being given to us on the field this year (the accurate scoreboards and presentation views adds so freaking much to this game!!! not to mention the reworked lighting, omg!) and look forward to the off the field changes next year. cheers gentlemen!

# 125 Gibson88 @ 01/26/11 12:49 PM
When is the cut off date for the Rosters being current? For example, will the recent signings of Damon and Ramirez be on the Rays when I buy the game on March 8th?

# 126 ripwalk @ 01/26/11 12:52 PM
What is season mode exactly? I've never played it.. But, you can play continuous seasons, but there is no minor leagues? How does that work exactly? How do rosters gain new players?

# 127 slickkill77 @ 01/26/11 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson88
When is the cut off date for the Rosters being current? For example, will the recent signings of Damon and Ramirez be on the Rays when I buy the game on March 8th?

Usually its early to mid January. I don't remember the exact date

# 128 Dannyray64 @ 01/26/11 01:25 PM
Yup, season mode never ends. I am an AVID season mode player, and I can never stop playing it. In MLB 09 The Show, my Indians franchise went to the year 2075 I believe. In MLB 10 The Show, my current Pirates franchise is in 2047. So yea...

# 129 IAHawks1903 @ 01/26/11 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyray64
Yup, season mode never ends. I am an AVID season mode player, and I can never stop playing it. In MLB 09 The Show, my Indians franchise went to the year 2075 I believe. In MLB 10 The Show, my current Pirates franchise is in 2047. So yea...
Do players not age? How do new players get created if they do?

# 130 Dannyray64 @ 01/26/11 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAHawks1903
Do players not age? How do new players get created if they do?
Players age and retire. Usually the last real players retire by 2030 or before. Through the draft, is how new players join the league. So past 2030, the whole league is made-up players.

# 131 theaub @ 01/26/11 02:00 PM
The draft in MLB '10 was 10 rounds, but there were never enough prospects to get past, say, round 7.

# 132 ripwalk @ 01/26/11 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyray64
Players age and retire. Usually the last real players retire by 2030 or before. Through the draft, is how new players join the league. So past 2030, the whole league is made-up players.
So what are the differences between this and franchise mode though? I thought Knight had said there is no minor leagues? Is that true? So players go straight from draft to the ML?

What else is different from season mode to franchise? Why do you play it instead of franchise?

# 133 Joey @ 01/26/11 02:05 PM
Season mode doesn't have any front-office stuff. I play season mode because I use classic rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
So what are the differences between this and franchise mode though? I thought Knight had said there is no minor leagues? Is that true? So players go straight from draft to the ML?

What else is different from season mode to franchise? Why do you play it instead of franchise?

# 134 Knight165 @ 01/26/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
For MLB 11 can we change franchise length and innings length this year like we can in season mode?
Nope.
Sorry.

M.K.
Knight165

# 135 cardsfan2222 @ 01/26/11 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
That can't be correct. All of the drafts in my franchise have been 5 rounds. In the second and third year, we run out of prospects early in the 5th round, so I only got to draft in the 4th round those times.
I had the same thing happen in my franchise. I believe there were 150 players in the draft, which is enough for five full rounds. However, with the supplemental picks the 5th round always ends early. It's been this way since I picked up the game in 09.

# 136 bobeureally27 @ 01/26/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
That can't be correct. All of the drafts in my franchise have been 5 rounds. In the second and third year, we run out of prospects early in the 5th round, so I only got to draft in the 4th round those times.
In all the times I got to the draft of the first season, the draft usually ended around the 18th-21st pick of the fifth round.

# 137 bobeureally27 @ 01/26/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
What does this mean? The draft will be 10 rounds for next season?
No. Before The Show had a revamped off-season (arbitration, compensation picks), the draft was 5 rounds, and in the later seasons, the draft would only last through part of round 4. When comp. picks were added, the devs extended the draft to 10 rounds, but for no reason at all, because the draft never came close to lasting the full 10 rounds.

# 138 Gibson88 @ 01/26/11 04:27 PM
Can anyone tell me the cut off date of the Rosters?
Thank you!

# 139 Knight165 @ 01/26/11 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
December 28th?
Definitely not.
They were still working on the rosters that second week of January we were there.

M.K.
Knight165

# 140 treyraq @ 01/26/11 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
I hope the recent deals make it onto the game. I really hate when players sign late then when the new MLB: The Show comes out, they have the silly generic photoshop MLB The Show hat on instead of their previous team or something.
Another reason to kick these photos out of Season/Franchise mode. With all the options this game provides for people to have custom rosters, there's no need for pictures of the players wearing their real-life caps. Or, If they can alter the hats to show "MLB the Show," I hope they at least find a way for the caps to show any team logo, so that they can change. Or just blank out the cap even. Which seems like more work than just showing a team cap (by itself) or the team logo or jersey or something.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.