Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This is a very very late addition/change to MLB 11 The Show. Kolbe and Jeff Ulman, one of our senior AI programmers, went into the cave this past weekend and re-wrote a massive amount of code for trades and off-season logic for franchise mode.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Stroehms @ 01/25/11 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
The same logic drives all modes. So yes.

-K
That's awesome.

I hope this means that we won't get randomly traded during RTTS.

Also, as a side note, is there any way to turn off teams trading your RTTS athlete? I would love just to play my entire career on the Cardinals.

# 102 geardust @ 01/25/11 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroehms
That's awesome.

I hope this means that we won't get randomly traded during RTTS.

Also, as a side note, is there any way to turn off teams trading your RTTS athlete? I would love just to play my entire career on the Cardinals.
I would love to see a no trade clause option on contracts in RTTS.

I also would like to thank the Devs for all their hard work. Can't wait.

# 103 treyraq @ 01/25/11 05:49 PM
SCEA Team--

First off, Great work. The time a dedication to this franchise is astounding, as well as the fact that you all listen and interact (frequently!) via this forum.
I'm new around here, but I'm sure you never get tired of hearing praises.

In line with this great news regarding Franchise mode, is there plans to rework the Retirement platform as well? I still see 35 year-old free agents coming off All Star seasons, sign a 4 year contract, and then retire the following year, even after another impressive season.

And hearing that only 10% of the Franchise checklist will get squeezed into 2011, can we then expect that the whole 90% remaining will get into 2012?

Thanks

# 104 Kolbe @ 01/25/11 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
SCEA Team--

First off, Great work. The time a dedication to this franchise is astounding, as well as the fact that you all listen and interact (frequently!) via this forum.
I'm new around here, but I'm sure you never get tired of hearing praises.
Yea, thanks! I/we need (a) bigger ego(s)
Quote:
In line with this great news regarding Franchise mode, is there plans to rework the Retirement platform as well? I still see 35 year-old free agents coming off All Star seasons, sign a 4 year contract, and then retire the following year, even after another impressive season.
They shouldn't be doing that, I'm going to double check but even last year they "shouldn't" retire with more than 1 year left on their contract.
Quote:
And hearing that only 10% of the Franchise checklist will get squeezed into 2011, can we then expect that the whole 90% remaining will get into 2012?

Thanks
Expect nothing... be surprised. Life is better that way!

-K

# 105 HustlinOwl @ 01/25/11 06:20 PM
Quote:
They shouldn't be doing that, I'm going to double check but even last year they "shouldn't" retire with more than 1 year left on their contract.
-K
I know I had Francisco Cordero retire on me, no matter how many times I tried to reset the off-season. Thought this had to do with the # of draft picks at a particular position?

# 106 treyraq @ 01/25/11 06:38 PM
Quote:
Yea, thanks! I/we need (a) bigger ego(s)

Expect nothing... be surprised. Life is better that way!

-K
Great! Maybe I'm off with my exact facts, but regardless, I still see mid 30 year-olds turning in year after year of All Star seasons and then retire (while under contract) due to Ability or Age. It be nice to see some decline in performance, or when they're a free agent 36 or older, maybe limit them to 2 year max contracts, or have them announce their last season or something...I dunno, just throwing out thoughts.
I'd actually love to be able to control when players retire.

# 107 treyraq @ 01/25/11 06:48 PM
Also, with Free Agent Signings, has anything been discussed or upgraded as far as when/with which team players sign with?

It always stings when a FA shows the most interest in my offer but then resigns with his old team or another even showing less interest. I know this is somewhat "real," but I can't help but think that this game should have an alert to tell us that the player will make up his mind soon/by the next day, so if we really really need him, we can up the offer to "absurd" and max out the offer to ensure we sign him. I mean, what's the point of having the interest bar if they don't sign with the most interesting offer??
Also connected to this, while simming through the offseason day-to-day, you have no idea if his interest changes or if another team offers him a contract, so you have to enter into every single day to check your contract offers and it's very slow and time consuming.

Maybe an alert to tell us that his offers or interest has changed?

# 108 Heroesandvillains @ 01/25/11 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
Also, with Free Agent Signings, has anything been discussed or upgraded as far as when/with which team players sign with?

It always stings when a FA shows the most interest in my offer but then resigns with his old team or another even showing less interest. I know this is somewhat "real," but I can't help but think that this game should have an alert to tell us that the player will make up his mind soon/by the next day, so if we really really need him, we can up the offer to "absurd" and max out the offer to ensure we sign him. I mean, what's the point of having the interest bar if they don't sign with the most interesting offer??
Also connected to this, while simming through the offseason day-to-day, you have no idea if his interest changes or if another team offers him a contract, so you have to enter into every single day to check your contract offers and it's very slow and time consuming.

Maybe an alert to tell us that his offers or interest has changed?
I usually just pretend that the wife chimed in...

All of us with girls in our lives know: Know matter how much we are interested in something, our lady has the final "interest bar." (Sigh...)

# 109 BatsareBugs @ 01/25/11 07:04 PM
This is encouraging news. I can't wait to see how the whole logic works now.

# 110 Mike Smoove @ 01/25/11 08:34 PM
Didn't see anything about this so will there be adjustable season length ?

# 111 Knight165 @ 01/25/11 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
Didn't see anything about this so will there be adjustable season length ?
In franchise....no. Season mode(which you can continue to play...season after season for I think 20)...yes.

M.K.
Knight165

# 112 Mike Smoove @ 01/25/11 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
In franchise....no. Season mode(which you can continue to play...season after season for I think 20)...yes.

M.K.
Knight165
Thanks for the info

# 113 yankees4lyfe @ 01/25/11 08:47 PM
thank the lord

# 114 Kolbe @ 01/25/11 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
Season mode never ends... WHO IS THIS AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH KNIGHT165!!

-K

# 115 Kolbe @ 01/25/11 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
I usually just pretend that the wife chimed in...

All of us with girls in our lives know: Know matter how much we are interested in something, our lady has the final "interest bar." (Sigh...)
This... They TEND to choose the most interesting offer, but they will not always go with the top offer, unless you actually go bananas and pay up. If you REALLY wanted him, you should have offered him more money!

Also, I seem to have a knack for hitting the top of a page... huh.

-K

# 116 JJT @ 01/25/11 09:51 PM
Bought a ps3 last year for the show and only game is mlb 10 lol now will add mlb 11!!

# 117 Knight165 @ 01/25/11 09:55 PM
Quote:
Season mode never ends... WHO IS THIS AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH KNIGHT165!!

-K
What would I be doing in SEASON mode?....THERE ARE NO MINOR LEAGUE PLAYERS THERE!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 118 Knight165 @ 01/25/11 09:57 PM
Quote:

-K
Who are you kidding?...you WAIT to get the top!

Oh...and GET RID OF THE INTEREST BAR! Blech!

M.K.
Knight165

# 119 treyraq @ 01/25/11 10:23 PM
Quote:
This... They TEND to choose the most interesting offer, but they will not always go with the top offer, unless you actually go bananas and pay up. If you REALLY wanted him, you should have offered him more money!

-K
I understand that "filling up their interest bar" (ha) pretty much assures they'll sign with me, but it seems like such a flip of a coin sometimes, when a player is about twice as "interested" in my offer as the next team's, yet signs with them anyway just because I didn't "go bananas" and max out the bar...and the situation changes if I "replay" the offseason. It leads me to believe it's all random and that there is no way to "learn" how to GM my franchise. And I think what the issue is is that they don't actually follow their "demands." Because I notice that if they're seeking 4-6 years, I can usually sign them if I pay more but offer a 2 year deal, and I've seen the opposite, where they want 1-3 years, yet they'll always take a 5 year deal over my 2 year offer!

# 120 Gagnon39 @ 01/25/11 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Bought a ps3 last year for the show and only game is mlb 10 lol now will add mlb 11!!
The only games I own for my Playstation 3 are MLB 08, MLB 09, MLB 10. You get the picture.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.