Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The UFC Undisputed 3 demo is available now for 360, later today for PS3.

*UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS3 users.

Play a few matches and post your impressions here. If you are away from your 360, you can queue it up right here.

As posted yesterday, the UFC Undisputed 3 demo roster includes Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones and legend Anderson Silva, from the UFC side, while Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Wanderlei Silva, are available on the Pride FC side.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
You may also see the demo promoted on storefront banners within XBOX Live Marketplace and the Playstation Store.

XBOX 360:
PLEASE NOTE - The UFC 3 demo is exclusive to XBOX Gold Members for the first 7 days (this is standard). It will be free to everyone after this period. There are many Gold trial options available if you are not a Gold member.

Hit Guide Button
Scroll to "Games" tab
Select "Demo"
Select "Search"
Scroll to "U"
Select "UFC 3" and download
PS3 (free to everyone):

PLAYSTATION 3:

Select "PlayStation Store"
Select "Demos"
Select "UFC 3" and download

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Jukeman @ 01/24/12 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Is everyone gonna hold it against me if I use amateur grappling controls? lol

I always used to transition in the wrong direction and go from full mount to side control by accident lol.
I am thinking of going with amateur myself but it depends on if I stay with ultimate difficulty or not.

# 82 EL_GABE @ 01/24/12 06:50 PM
Does anybody know if event mode/ppv mode were you make your own cards still in the game?

# 83 NYG_Meth @ 01/24/12 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I am thinking of going with amateur myself but it depends on if I stay with ultimate difficulty or not.
I really see no benefit of "pro control"

# 84 scottyp180 @ 01/24/12 06:50 PM
Maybe I need some more time with the game but overall I did not see a big difference from this game and 2010. admitingly I havent played 2010 in over a year and I played this demo on default settings instead of simulation but I was expecting a bigger improvement considering they took a year off. With that said presenation looks like it has received a face lift, the addition of Pride is adds a new element to the game, and the improvements to career mode could add to the quality of the game.

# 85 NYG_Meth @ 01/24/12 06:54 PM
The huge change from last year to this year is the overhaul of the quick strikes. As a boxer, I am loving it. I'm landing killer combos with jabs, straights, uppercuts, and hooks, all the while staying on the outside and making Jones look silly. I could have a lot of fun with this game.

# 86 jb12780 @ 01/24/12 07:01 PM
Quote:
The huge change from last year to this year is the overhaul of the quick strikes. As a boxer, I am loving it. I'm landing killer combos with jabs, straights, uppercuts, and hooks, all the while staying on the outside and making Jones look silly. I could have a lot of fun with this game.
100 percent agree with this. You can make the guys who like to hit with the power shots ineffective. I'm essentially counter-punching with rampage.

EDIT: And you can still get caught. I got rocked twice by Silva. I survived the first onslaught. The second, not so much.

# 87 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/24/12 07:03 PM
Anderson Silva jabs are very powerful. I was destroying Jones with jabs. So I do like not everybody can do every move EFFECTIVELY. You can really tell the difference between Anderson throwing a leg kick and Jones doing it.

FINALLY it will be fun playing as a muay thai fighter and just destroying people with leg kicks.

# 88 NYG_Meth @ 01/24/12 07:07 PM
Oh my god, check out these stats lol (given, I'm still on experienced):

Anderson Silva (Me):
Strikes: 31/68
Kicks: 4/4
Takedowns: 0/0
Stamina: 85%

Jon Jones (CPU):
Strikes: 2/29
Kicks: 9/14
Takedowns: 0/0
Stamina: 86%

Result: Silva wins by TKO - Round 1 (4:27)

# 89 jb12780 @ 01/24/12 07:09 PM
Combos reign supreme. threw a 1-2, Silva countered with a straight, KO'd him with a ducking left hook.

# 90 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 07:17 PM
Ok so three quick fights and here are my thoughts:

- Both fighters push forward like crazy until you take them down or push forward. If you back off they will continue to push forward no matter what. This was in 2010 and it seems to be the same way this year.

- Not having any issues going to decision. All three fights went to decision.

- The higher you go up in difficulty, the less reckless the CPU is. On Expert, the CPU counters way more and steps back. Not enough for my taste but it is better.

# 91 qb2k5 @ 01/24/12 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
PS3 demo is available now.
Not here in Florida. I checked all over the PSN and even searched the store. No demo to be found. Im thinking they may put it up at 9pm in the east coast.

# 92 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 07:19 PM
Quote:
Is everyone gonna hold it against me if I use amateur grappling controls? lol

I always used to transition in the wrong direction and go from full mount to side control by accident lol.
LOL. I will completely hold it against you.

# 93 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp90805
Does anybody know if event mode/ppv mode were you make your own cards still in the game?
Its still in the game.

# 94 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 07:40 PM
Quote:
I really see no benefit of "pro control"
Online pro control v. amateur control...pro always wins.

Offline pro control reversals are more difficult to pull off.

# 95 godylla @ 01/24/12 07:48 PM
Is there a way to punch with jabs/straights while holding the left joystick in any direction? The only way I am able to throw jabs/straights is when I take my thumb completely off the left stick.

# 96 jb12780 @ 01/24/12 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Is there a way to punch with jabs/straights while holding the left joystick in any direction? The only way I am able to throw jabs/straights is when I take my thumb completely off the left stick.
Yes. You can hold it anyway but the direction of you opponent. So if you on the left attacking your opponent, holding the stick up, down, or to the left will throw a jab.

# 97 NYG_Meth @ 01/24/12 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Sometimes it works when you hold up or down, but light and right don't work. You're probably better off just letting go for a second while you throw then getting back on the left stick.

# 98 NYG_Meth @ 01/24/12 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Yes. You can hold it anyway but the direction of you opponent. So if you on the left attacking your opponent, holding the stick up, down, or to the left will throw a jab.
Away from your opponent is an uppercut.

# 99 jb12780 @ 01/24/12 08:02 PM
Quote:
Away from your opponent is an uppercut.
Yeah your right.

# 100 allBthere @ 01/24/12 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Online pro control v. amateur control...pro always wins.

Offline pro control reversals are more difficult to pull off.
that and pro allows transition canceling which can be a big deal and many people online rely on doing that.

The aggression really is 2010-like, in '09 there were more timid AI 'types', but in general there were like 4 or 5 different 'types' so to me it was like 'oh you're type A" etc. Even though that is very simplistic, it's still better in some ways because this is just all type A - the only good thing is the adjustments the AI makes to losing. they will sometimes go for takedowns (rampage) or change their striking pattern (bodyshots followed by striaghts to the head) ....

This year you have to be more careful about leg kick throwing than '09, but less that 2010,

One thing I hope is that fighters who are really good at jabbing in real life, do more damage with it. Like GSP and Kampmann, their jabs should do more damage than someone who sucks at jabbing.

I like the original camera angle better from the first game in UFC mode, this one is a bit strange to get used to and too low imo. Pride feels better.

I'm going to buy, but I think online will be only a bit better experience than 2010, and not as good as '09 by a long shot. Part of that is gaming accross the board this generation has got cheesier and cheesier as time has passed. I really hope they notice the 'terminator' AI and try to vary it big time. It seems like they fixed gameplay issues but didn't touch offline AI at all.

The demo is very bitter sweet.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.