Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The UFC Undisputed 3 demo is available now for 360, later today for PS3.

*UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS3 users.

Play a few matches and post your impressions here. If you are away from your 360, you can queue it up right here.

As posted yesterday, the UFC Undisputed 3 demo roster includes Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones and legend Anderson Silva, from the UFC side, while Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Wanderlei Silva, are available on the Pride FC side.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
You may also see the demo promoted on storefront banners within XBOX Live Marketplace and the Playstation Store.

XBOX 360:
PLEASE NOTE - The UFC 3 demo is exclusive to XBOX Gold Members for the first 7 days (this is standard). It will be free to everyone after this period. There are many Gold trial options available if you are not a Gold member.

Hit Guide Button
Scroll to "Games" tab
Select "Demo"
Select "Search"
Scroll to "U"
Select "UFC 3" and download
PS3 (free to everyone):

PLAYSTATION 3:

Select "PlayStation Store"
Select "Demos"
Select "UFC 3" and download

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 davis420 @ 01/24/12 08:24 AM
So far this demo is making me want to buy this game! I played 1 match in the UFC and 1 in Pride.The UFC match I was Jones and won by decision. The Pride match, I chose Rampage and Silva KO'd me. We both were bleeding by the end of the match.You can't change many of the options but you can choose the type of energy, default or sim. So far I've only used the sim and energy is vital.

# 2 ManiacMatt1782 @ 01/24/12 08:37 AM
Nice. Sim energy is the only way to play this game, makes picking your shots vital. otherwise people will spam spam spam, because default energy does not punish you nearly enough.

# 3 Find_the_Door @ 01/24/12 09:17 AM
I'm hoping THQ gives an option to use simulation stamina in ranked matches, if not people are just going to spam to no end. I like the striking now, much more fluid. Ground and pound is much more brutal and realistic. The Clinch spamming/cage shoulder check exploits are now gone due to auto block being removed.

Really the only issue I see with this game is the "Default" stamina system allows for WAY to much spamming, simulation is the only way to play this game as far as I'm concerned.

# 4 DaveDQ @ 01/24/12 09:20 AM
I didn't play 2010 and played very little of the one before, but I just saw a really nice presentation piece where the ref interrupted the fight so the doctor could check out a cut and give clearance. Very nice.

I'm taking it slow in learning the controls so I'm mainly fighting standing up right now. Really I'm testing how stamina works. Working the legs and body is fun and you really see it take its toll in time. Stamina really seems to be a key factor in simulation mode because you will enter a "gassed state" quickly if you just unload.

That's the first thing I notice right now, is how well the stamina plays out.

# 5 Tomba @ 01/24/12 09:38 AM
Good demo showed me a much better fighting engine and presentation upgrade.

Just do not like the submissions they feel like your playing a race I'd rather button mash in some way for that.

Overall feels like wwe12 but real and I really like wwe12 so

# 6 Shownuff @ 01/24/12 10:17 AM
I have a question about the demo
Are you able to submit the computer now or is it like UFC 2010 (I shined I mashed, hardly ever got one unless it was on easy).
I would also take a known good submission fighter (Maia) and pit him against someone who wasn't really good at stopping submissions (Sonnen).
I was wondering if that part of the game is better now.

# 7 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownuff
Are you able to submit the computer now or is it like UFC 2010 (I shined I mashed, hardly ever got one unless it was on easy).
I would also take a known good submission fighter (Maia) and pit him against someone who wasn't really good at stopping submissions (Sonnen).

Cant really tell from the demo because submissions are primarily based on stamina and submissions skill. The demo is only one round and only 1 of the 4 fighters are guys that I would consider even near the level of Maia when it comes to subs.

I will say that from playing the Alpha, submissions are alot easier than 2010. If you play on sim mode and work to tire your opponent, you can sub someone. I played 2010 for almost 2 yrs and never submitted the CPU. I think it will be possible this year.

# 8 mgoblue @ 01/24/12 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownuff
Good question, I'd like to know how the Subs are too...

Actually, last years' version it was easy to get subs once you realized you only go for them when the CPU's stamina was very low/gone...it was all purely stamina based.

I'd like to hear more about how subs feel to people.

# 9 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/24/12 11:55 AM
Definitely don't care for the new sub system, even in the alpha test I didn't care for it. Way too much work involved to get one. It should be ratings based and not having to chase something around an octagon based.

# 10 mmathaifighter @ 01/24/12 11:55 AM
I actually just subbed Jones from the bottom with a kimura using Anderson at 2:51 of the 1st Rd. Admittedly I was only looking for subs to see if it could be done.

# 11 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Definitely don't care for the new sub system, even in the alpha test I didn't care for it. Way too much work involved to get one. It should be ratings based and not having to chase something around an octagon based.
I would hate it if it was strictly ratings based. I dont know how many fights I've seen where a fighter with good submission defense get caught in a choke or sub because he was worn down and exhausted. I want a mix of subs and stamina.

# 12 toine2983 @ 01/24/12 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Cant really tell from the demo because submissions are primarily based on stamina and submissions skill. The demo is only one round and only 1 of the 4 fighters are guys that I would consider even near the level of Maia when it comes to subs.

I will say that from playing the Alpha, submissions are alot easier than 2010. If you play on sim mode and work to tire your opponent, you can sub someone. I played 2010 for almost 2 yrs and never submitted the CPU. I think it will be possible this year.
That's good to hear.

I couldn't beat the CPU with submissions in 2010 either.

Looking forward to playing the demo, hopefully PS Store doesn't take forever to update today.

# 13 davis420 @ 01/24/12 12:24 PM
Quote:
I think they should have "borrowed" EA's MMA submission system.

# 14 aholbert32 @ 01/24/12 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
I think they should have "borrowed" EA's MMA submission system.
I hate the choke submission system on EA MMA. Its too hard to do on the higher levels and too easy on the lower ones. Also, the UFC3 system isnt that much different than EA's choke system.

Now I do like the EA MMA submission system when it comes to arm bars. Its a great mix of stamina and button mashing.

# 15 davis420 @ 01/24/12 12:44 PM
Quote:
I hate the choke submission system on EA MMA. Its too hard to do on the higher levels and too easy on the lower ones. Also, the UFC3 system isnt that much different than EA's choke system.

Now I do like the EA MMA submission system when it comes to arm bars. Its a great mix of stamina and button mashing.
That's what I wanted to say, the submission system. I don't really remember the choke system. Silva choked me out in the demo.

# 16 JoeMimic @ 01/24/12 12:51 PM
Worked on Wanderlei's lead leg for about six minutes got it into the red, now he's limping and switching to southpaw to protect it. Very cool.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 17 Phobia @ 01/24/12 12:54 PM
Quote:

I thought EA MMA submission system was just about perfect for a video game. It represented the struggle in the submission game wonderfully.

I hated the shine so I look forward to trying this new system out tonight when I get home. I did play 2 matches before I left for work this morning and played with default energy settings just to see how online would be. OMG trash yet again!! I can't believe this is even in the game, I am sorry but this does nothing for the game. If anything it takes away from how wonderful the sport is with tactics, styles, and game plans. It instead turns it in a video game form of

Box the game with simulation settings only and this could be a star OR at least have a simulation setting ranked & default energy ranked!

# 18 Tomba @ 01/24/12 12:56 PM
Quote:

Can't agree more. It reminds me of when Madden tried with the fumble piles

# 19 slim14 @ 01/24/12 01:00 PM
Anyone know when ps3 demo will be out

# 20 sportznut02 @ 01/24/12 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim14
Anyone know when ps3 demo will be out
Sometime this evening, whenever the Playstation store updates.

« Previous1234567891314Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.