Home
Tiger 13 News Post

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo is available now for 360, later today on PS3. Play a few holes and let us know what you think.

Full press release below.

TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 13 DEMO NOW AVAILABLE –
CREATE YOUR SHOT AT AUGUSTA NATIONAL GOLF CLUB!

Demo the All-New Swing Mechanic and Kinect for Xbox 360 Integration at Augusta National Golf Club and The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort

March 6, 2012 – Kick off your golf season today by experiencing the all-new swing mechanic in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo, now available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! Once again gamers have the opportunity to walk the hallowed grounds of Augusta National Golf Club and get a sneak peak at The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort, host of the 2012 PGA Championship. Gamers get the opportunity to play holes 14, 15 and 16 at Augusta National Golf Club and the opening three holes from The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort. As gamers take on these championship courses, they also can experience the most comprehensive swing mechanic revamp in franchise history, giving fans unprecedented swing control with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and allowing for more than 62 million shot combinations

The Xbox 360 version of the demo supports Kinect for Xbox 360 integration and is the first-ever voice-enabled and controller-free sports simulation game. Kinect tracks full body movements to create the most advanced virtual golf swing to date. Improved gameplay support for the PlayStation Move controller has also been added for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo.

Get a head start on creating your own Online Country Club. Starting today, gamers can go to http://www.easports.com/countryclubs and create their own Country Club, customize the club logo and invite friends – all in preparation to gain quicker access to exclusive golf courses or compete against other club members for the coveted Club Championship once Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 ships!

Get a leg up on your competition. Everyone who downloads the demo receives a special Pin Pack that can be used to receive different types of boosts and gameplay enhancements in the full version* of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition goes on sale in North America on March 27 and worldwide on March 30, and is available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. The Collector’s Edition provides fans with the ultimate Masters experience including exclusive access to Augusta National Golf Club’s Tournament practice facility, Augusta National’s famous Par 3 course, an authentic Green Jacket Presentation and it comes packed with five additional courses in addition to the courses that appear in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 will be participating in the EA SPORTS Season Ticket** program that provides four premium benefits for an annual fee of $24.99 or 2000 Microsoft Points. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers will be provided full-game digital download of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 three days before retail launch, a 20-percent discount on downloadable game content; free premium web content and membership recognition. EA SPORTS Season Ticket is available on PS3™ and Xbox 360 in North America, and Xbox 360 in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. For more information on the program – including subscription instructions, please visit http://www.easports.com/seasonticket.

To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition visit http://www.easports.com/golf.

* INTERNET CONNECTION AND ORIGIN ACCOUNT (EA) REGISTRATION REQUIRED. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. THE SAME ORIGIN ACCOUNT MUST BE USED IN BOTH THE DEMO AND THE FULL PRODUCT IN ORDER TO RECEIVE BONUS.

** CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. SEE HTTP://WWW.EASPORTS.COM/SEASONTICKET FOR DETAILS.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 OnlookerDelay @ 03/06/12 08:09 AM
Uhhhhhh... what can I say? I'm rather disappointed with what I've seen and experienced in this demo. I find the interface to be rather clunky feeling. For starters, the animations of the three included golfers are choppy and seem to be skipping or missing frames. There's no fluidity that I can find between the stick movement and the animation. I can't use the animation as a gauge to get a feel for what I'm doing, and that's critical in Tournament difficulty. I always get a "slow" tempo report no matter what I do with the stick.

I'm really shocked at what they've done with the putting. It seems like they've scaled the maximum distance for the putt to the distance you've targeted to within 20% or so. You can set your aiming cursor at 20 feet and have a full rip at it and it will go 25 feet. I don't like the feel of that at all.

I'm curious to see what others think, but I'm sorta in shock right now

# 2 rd1981 @ 03/06/12 08:39 AM
I don't see the game in the marketplace yet, I'm not sure if it's because im not on the gold membership anymore or not. But I do see the other demos mlb2k12 is there.

# 3 tsp120 @ 03/06/12 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1981
I don't see the game in the marketplace yet, I'm not sure if it's because im not on the gold membership anymore or not. But I do see the other demos mlb2k12 is there.
I'm not a gold member either and I usually don't get demos until a week later.

# 4 OnlookerDelay @ 03/06/12 09:09 AM
I recall it saying "Gold Membership" exclusive somewhere during my selection. I've got a Gold Membership. Don't feel left out; you aren't missing much.

# 5 rd1981 @ 03/06/12 09:22 AM
oh ok thanks guys, I wasn't sure. This is my first month without the Gold membership. I didn't use any of it's benefits and didn't see a big difference in the regular membership. But I guess I can wait. I just wanted to see how TW13 would work with Kinect.

# 6 DivotMaker @ 03/06/12 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I do feel bad for you though but what is puzzling is even if the demo is somewhat broken that doesn't explain the new putting model and there were some "sim" gamers on EA's site who were praising everything about the game when they played it. Nobody bothered to mention that the putting is back to it's arcade roots, that's a weird oversight and or EA cheerleading has gotten to a point that thier objectivity can't be taken seriously.
Who said it is "back to its arcade roots"? I did not find that to be the case at all in my time at Tiburon last week and having played 2 rounds of the demo using Kinect in Tournament difficulty, I can tell you that this is flat out wrong from what I can see so far. Have you even downloaded the demo? Don't have much time to spend with the demo right now as I am preparing to go overseas tomorrow, but I will get to play it overseas. I will try the controller then....

# 7 Yeats @ 03/06/12 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm really shocked at what they've done with the putting. It seems like they've scaled the maximum distance for the putt to the distance you've targeted to within 20% or so. You can set your aiming cursor at 20 feet and have a full rip at it and it will go 25 feet.
Hasn't that always been the case with this series? That putting has always been scaled to a large degree. I don't understand how that's different than in previous versions.

# 8 davis420 @ 03/06/12 10:22 AM
Just finished the 1st two holes and I have to say I thought the game is pretty decent. I have to say that the last TW game I played was 09. I thought the presentation was done really well, the crowd sounds really good to me. I need to learn the buttons better to have a better experience but I thought it was good.

# 9 OnlookerDelay @ 03/06/12 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Hasn't that always been the case with this series? That putting has always been scaled to a large degree. I don't understand how that's different than in previous versions.
I didn't find it to be scaled in Tiger 10, 11 and 12, not in Tournament difficulty with the putting meter turned off. I guess I could move the targeting cursor out to 100 feet and rely on my touch to regulate the strength, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be the same as putting with 10, 11 and 12's interface.

# 10 OnlookerDelay @ 03/06/12 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Who said it is "back to its arcade roots"? I did not find that to be the case at all in my time at Tiburon last week and having played 2 rounds of the demo using Kinect in Tournament difficulty, I can tell you that this is flat out wrong from what I can see so far. Have you even downloaded the demo? Don't have much time to spend with the demo right now as I am preparing to go overseas tomorrow, but I will get to play it overseas. I will try the controller then....
Divot, have you had a chance to play the demo yet? I want to see how you think it compares the near final version you got to play at Tiburon. Some aspects of the golfer animations are really dodgy in the demo, IMO.

I'm still eager to read some OS'ers opinions on the Kinect interface with the demo. I don't own a Kinect, but I'm considering it if this game works well with it.

# 11 rico526 @ 03/06/12 01:10 PM
Well, I downloaded the demo this morning and played both the courses included on Tour Pro difficulty with the manual caddy option.

I have to say that I was actually impressed. It doesn't feel nearly as arcadey as past renditions of the game have been for me. I really like the new stance and ball setup features. I like the the swing meter and feedback hud and the fact that you can turn those off. I thought the caddy feature was terrible last year and I really like the fact that I can have him turned on but don't have to use him unless I feel like I need him. The first few holed I played at Augusta were difficult even though I played using Tiger. I haven't been able to say that in years past. This lets me know that using my own created golfer is going to be a bit more challenging.

As far are animations go, everything also seemed to be smooth for me. I didn't notice any choppiness or anything. The grass in the fairways did seem to be a little flat to me but I just say that's because I'm used to playing on my local goat tracks, lol.

Now I'm just hoping online country clubs work out well and are what I'm hoping for. If so, than it will probably be a day one purchase for me.

# 12 Tomba @ 03/06/12 02:39 PM
Graphically this is the best the series has ever been.

STUNNING

Day ONE EA

DAY ONE

# 13 kickingguru @ 03/06/12 03:35 PM
I have officially gotten tired of the..... I went str8 to tourney difficulty crowd and could not figure it out so it sucks crowd....... Play pro first... Then tour pro... Then after you have a feel for the game... Play tourney....

This is not 12.... And is not easy.... Tempo is everything and you have to swing more than twice to figure it out....

Do not complain about the game being too easy, then bitch when they make it harder..... Your hypocrisy is stunning... Give this time.. I loved the demo and will work to figure it all out when it come out....

Btw.. This goes more to the ea forum crowd than here.... Some of those guys are maddening...

# 14 Panicshade @ 03/06/12 03:41 PM
I am a casual golf fan and casual player of this game. I liked the demo personally. I played on the default difficulty the demo was set at and I did okay for me. My putting was horrible though. I couldn't see a way to manually aim the putt unless I am completely blind and just overlooking something like an idiot.

Considering how my money situation is before the release date I may try and get the CE but I will wait and see. Overall I have a positive impression of the demo from a casual perspective.

# 15 erickonasis @ 03/06/12 04:03 PM
cant wait for this....been on a hot shots tear lately with Vita so i'm trying this when i get offf work

# 16 DivotMaker @ 03/06/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
I have officially gotten tired of the..... I went str8 to tourney difficulty crowd and could not figure it out so it sucks crowd....... Play pro first... Then tour pro... Then after you have a feel for the game... Play tourney....

This is not 12.... And is not easy.... Tempo is everything and you have to swing more than twice to figure it out....

Do not complain about the game being too easy, then bitch when they make it harder..... Your hypocrisy is stunning... Give this time.. I loved the demo and will work to figure it all out when it come out....

Btw.. This goes more to the ea forum crowd than here.... Some of those guys are maddening...
Well said.....

# 17 OnlookerDelay @ 03/06/12 04:27 PM
Guys, I just learned that I was way offbase with some of my comments about the new swing mechanic. I was having problems getting a full backswing (often no further than ~70%) with two controllers I tried, and then this happened:

I tried my third controller and had the same 65-70% maximum backswing and thought... what the heck is going on here!? I should have thought of this earlier, but I went into the gameplay options and switched to the right stick. Lo and behold, I've now got a full backswing, including the full overswing region! The problem is that I stink with the right thumbstick.

I picked up my 4th controller, the black one that came with my XBox 360 slim and its left stick performed like the right stick in the 3rd controller I tried. I know I've got issues with the left stick now on at least the 3rd controller because while I was swinging with the right stick, the cursor on the strike meter was drifting, on its own, off the top of the ball during my backswing, in Amateur! What are the odds that I have three wireless controllers whose left thumbstick problems were so peculiar that they didn't manifest themselves until this demo? The first controller I tried is designated as my Tiger Woods controller with an etching on it and hasn't affected my backswing in Tiger 12, or my distance, yet it does exactly the same thing in the Tiger 13 demo as two of my other controllers.

Does this change the way the demo now plays for me? Absolutely! It is a better experience for sure and I can feel more of the merits of Total Swing Control as a result.

So, I'm back to being more upbeat about this game, although I still don't like the new scaled distance putting technique. It's like an analog version of what we now call "Classic Putting", where one had seven different putting ranges. I've got to go back out on a new first date with the demo now

# 18 kickingguru @ 03/06/12 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
So, I'm back to being more upbeat about this game, although I still don't like the new scaled distance putting technique. It's like an analog version of what we now call "Classic Putting", where one had seven different putting ranges. I've got to go back out on a new first date with the demo now
Here is the deal with the putting.... The version is more geared to how you set up the putt... However.... the come back putt is still really tough too... both with previews and with out... Since the tempo plays such an important role, putting is extremely difficult and will take some time to get used to on both pro and tourney difficulty...... What I do love is that you get a 2.45 multiplier for Tournament mode... The multipliers will definitely keep people from slumming it out on AM mode....

This is simply a different game. It will take some time to adjust and play accordingly. My created character will take time to build up as well. I love the challenge brought back to the game and I truly doubt -32 scores will be posted regularly...even on AM mode.....

Enjoy, and get in a Country Club.... mine is Total Online Play .... our website is www.totalonlineplay.com ............ we are for more mature gamers and want a combination of dedication to the game with a good sense of humor..... it will take a special 15 year old to want to play with us...... If you post on the website.. I will give you the pw to join...

Late,

The Guru

# 19 sportznut02 @ 03/06/12 07:05 PM
I wish the Playstation Store would hurry up and update so I can play the demo.

# 20 stiffarmleft @ 03/06/12 07:28 PM
I played a few holes with the kinect and found the game too easy even on tour difficulty. I made a conscience effort to hit bad shots, they were off course but not nearly as bad as it should be. The fact that the kinect does not appear to detect wrist position at contact probably contributes to this. Hopefully the ps move is more difficult.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.