Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports just revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.

Kobe Bryant - 93
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Rajon Rondo - 90

They already announced Kevin Durant is rated 95, Blake Griffin at 87 and Harrison Barnes at 75.

What are your thoughts on the NBA 2K13 player ratings so far?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 yungsta404 @ 08/28/12 03:20 PM
lol I thought it was my computer messing up but did LouYorkCity Just did a quintuple (yea I looked that up ) post?

# 122 MindBeats @ 08/28/12 03:40 PM
Whaaaaat? Kobe 93? Melo-man 92? Give me a break...

Kobe at least a 94-95
Melo a 93-94

# 123 mpenias @ 08/28/12 03:54 PM
I have no idea what Lou is talking about but what is a best scorer?
I can't put anyone under 48% shooting in a category for best scorer, unless they are racking up the assists.

Kobe and Melo - volume shooters. They can have as many weapons in their "arsenals" as they want but if there are only X amount of possessions in a game that your TEAM can score on, and you are using up most of them to score less than half the time, you are not an elite ball player.

LeBron, Durant, Wade, Paul, D-Will are the ELITE. Rose is on the shelf til I see for myself.

Dirk and PP are on the way down, but can be offensively elite when the time calls

# 124 Thunder Storm @ 08/28/12 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
Lmao there about to give us Kevin love Anthony Davis and Scottie pippens rating smh. Y'all know why there not giving lebrons rating yet right? I bet it's because he's a 99. Remember for that short period of time that lebron got a update on 2k12 and was a 99 but struggled against Phoenix okc and Indiana so they knocked his mid range down to a 75 and his overall went back to a 98? I'd bet they put his mid range back up and he's a 99 again. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but it's possible. Plus in the gamescom demos you can see when lebron has the ball inside the 3 point line he's got 5/6 bars filled. So clearly his mid is back up. Watch.
Honestly, f*** LeBron's mid range in this game. He's not that good of a jumpshooter.

2K needs to relax. It's not enough that he has the fastest running animation right ? smh at 2K if he's 99.

# 125 michaelsan @ 08/28/12 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
This is a pretty stupid question and I'm sure you are aware of the fact that most people play online and while paying online you would know that players cannot be edited.

with that said, the ratings are not a huge deal and I do believe people should calm down.
Oh man I've to say sorry because I've never played online and I didn't know it ...

Inviato dal mio LG-P500 con Tapatalk 2

# 126 Adampa1006 @ 08/28/12 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackProdigy
Melo pretty much redeemed himself towards the end of the season..do you guys actually watch basketball..smh
What? Offense was so much worse with him in it, horrible ball movement. Also getting swept in the playoffs. Melo will never go anywhere just like he has always done just too terrible of a passer

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

# 127 JasonMartin @ 08/28/12 06:06 PM
Well, it's his individual stats right.... not teamstats or anything

# 128 AnnihilusLivius @ 08/28/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Valid points in the bold, except for the red where I tend to disagree. I think, instead of Wade ... Deron Williams should be in the top 5.
And why would Deron Williams be in the top 5 and not Wade? D-Will didn't do anything, Wade on the other side won 2 championships, carried the Heat on his back for god knows how long. That's just crazy, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

# 129 Wildcats302 @ 08/28/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adampa1006
What? Offense was so much worse with him in it, horrible ball movement. Also getting swept in the playoffs. Melo will never go anywhere just like he has always done just too terrible of a passer

I stopped reading when you said the Knicks got swept in the playoffs. You clearly do not have a good grasp of what you are talking about based on that comment.

# 130 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/28/12 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
FFS Rondo shot 39% form mid-range last year. That means that his rating for mid-range should be 78. I know that because I've been tweaking Albys roster all-year long for my liking.

On how many attempts and from what specific range? I know there were games where he didn't take a mid range shot at all

# 131 8KB24 @ 08/28/12 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
On how many attempts and from what specific range? I know there were games where he didn't take a mid range shot at all
Hoopsdata has all of the info. Go there..

# 132 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/28/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouYorkCity
Why do people care so much about Kobe and Melo's ratings?

If Kobe was a 99 or an 85, he will still drop 30+ because of his skill set, same with Melo.

And for those who say Melo is over rated, you obviously don't know the numbers he put up when Woodson took over and what he did against Miami in the playoffs. I know he lost in 5 games but so did everybody's favorite player since 2 yrs ago Durant.

I will be the 1st to admit that LeBron and Durant are on a whole different level than anybody else, but to sit there and say Kobe and/or Melo shouldn't be in the 90's is plain stupid.

Compare Kobe and Melo's stats to any SG/SF in the league not named LeBron or Durant, they put up better numbers than ANYONE and that's a fact. Even Wade came up short on the offensive end when compared to Kobe or Melo.

Kobe, Carmelo, Durant, Wade & LeBron are the top 5 go to guys in the league and if you feel that either one of those guys don't deserve to be in the 90's, you don't know about basketball and obviously don't know how the attributes/skills work for 2K.

P.S. Kevin Durant may have won the scoring title 3 years in a row but a TRUE NBA fan knows that Kobe and Carmelo are the best scorers in the league. Durant is amazing don't get me wrong but he relies on his jumpshot and fastbreaks to get buckets. Kobe and Melo have a full arsenal of moves from ISO to the post to Ranged shots. They can score at will from anywhere at any scenario on the court.

Also, based on the last 2 seasons, Carmelo Anthony is the most clutch player based off the last 2mins of the 4th qtr/overtime. Look it up.
False. Just because Melo and Kobe choose to score in extravagant, inefficient ways, Kevin Durant (especially in the playoffs) showed he is the best scorer in the NBA. Its not like his ball hog of a point guard sets him up anyway. He does plenty of ISO moves to score.

I swear he was the only one Miami couldn't stop in the Finals

# 133 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/28/12 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Hoopsdata has all of the info. Go there..
He attempted 3 per game and made 1 of them on average...

Yeah, I think a 65 mid range would do that justice

# 134 Adampa1006 @ 08/28/12 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I stopped reading when you said the Knicks got swept in the playoffs. You clearly do not have a good grasp of what you are talking about based on that comment.
Alright my bad they won one game. Melo is a very gifted player, buy nowhere near a 92. Defense and passing are too bad. And honestly his offensive awareness is bad too he can't do anything off ball

# 135 J_Posse @ 08/28/12 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
lebron isnt a good jumpshooter? LOL a few stats for you real quick: LBJ mid range %: 42 above the break 3p%: 37. kobe by comparison shot 36% from midrange (6 % LOWER, wow) and 30% on above the break 3's. carmelo anthony shot 39% from midrange and 34% from 3's above the break. KD had better %'s, but not by much; durant mid range %: 46 above the break 3's: 38. so if you seriously believe lebron isnt a good jump shooter, you also must believe neither are kobe and melo, considering lebrons percentages were much better. and if thats not enough for you, check this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-VzB...ure=plpp_video

now take that hating s**t some where else. there should be NO arguement to a lebron 99 overall. NONE.
LeBron is the only current player that deserves to be in the high 90's (98 or 99). He has very few flaws in his game (free-throwing shooting and ????) and is the most complete player in the league since Duncan (prime), Garnett (prime) and Jordan (prime), IMO. The kid is unstoppable and is just now heading into his prime. Scary ****ing thought, man.............

Sidenote: From that video, I really thought LeBron could have broken Jordan's single-game playoff scoring record (65 against Boston in '85). He was freaking scary dominant throughout that game and went into auto-pilot (IMO) in the second half when he could have forced the issue.

# 136 KSOR24 @ 08/28/12 07:27 PM
In my opinion making a player a 99 overall is basically saying that player is flawless. No one's saying LeBron shouldn't have the highest overall in the game, but he should probably be a 97 or 98.

# 137 Adampa1006 @ 08/28/12 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSOR24
In my opinion making a player a 99 overall is basically saying that player is flawless. No one's saying LeBron shouldn't have the highest overall in the game, but he should probably be a 97 or 98.
What does he need to show you to get a 99? What more could he have done in that playoff run?

# 138 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/28/12 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
They pretty much did. That one lucky game where Melo scored everything he shot wasn't a real win to me.

# 139 tbdaniel15 @ 08/28/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
No offense to Laker fans, but Kobe's ratings are going by name alone nowadays...He doesn't even score efficiently anymore.
Kobe lost the scoring battle last year because he decided to rest for the playoffs, otherwise he would have been the scoring champ for the entire league... doesn't sounds like he's losing efficiency.

# 140 KyotoCarl @ 08/28/12 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdaniel15
Kobe lost the scoring battle last year because he decided to rest for the playoffs, otherwise he would have been the scoring champ for the entire league... doesn't sounds like he's losing efficiency.
Kobe was second on the scoring list last season and him resting in the playoffs has nothing to do with the scoring list for the regular season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.