Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

As announced yesterday, EA Sports has added the fantasy draft into Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers for online users today. They hope to bring it to offline users in the future. Read all about it, right here.

Quote:
Once you start the draft, the draft order for the first round will be completely random, with the rest of the draft following the traditional “snake” like a fantasy draft. Each participant will have 45 seconds to make their picks and the draft will consists of 54 picks per team. So, you’ll need to cut one player before the start of the season. You will have the option to pause the draft or simply auto pick the rest of the draft at any point if you and your friends only want to draft a certain number of rounds.

Once the draft is completed, the league will move on as you’re accustomed to in a typical Connected Careers league. It is worth calling out the salaries of the players drafted in the Fantasy Draft will all be the same per round so that everyone is on an even playing field. Contracts start at 5 years/12M per year for a first round pick and ramp down to 1 year/500K per year. Another cool feature about this new setup is that you’ll still be doing your annual draft and adding the dynamic rookie draft classes with backstories into your league each year. There’s much more that you’ll find along the way, but I wanted to give you the basics.

Madden NFL 13 rosters are also available today. Week 2 rosters are available for Play Now (offline/online) while Connected Career users get the original 53-man rosters, which were released last week for Play Now. More details can be found here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 NFCastle @ 09/14/12 04:08 PM
Great... Is was ther big announcement. Guess player editing is a lost cause

# 82 mikey04 @ 09/14/12 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Classic
When you start the CCM it'll ask if you wanna use the 74man roster or regular season roster and you have to switch it to regular.

I dont remember it asking me that. I wonder if i actually downloaded the right roster. I did it real quick on my lunch break so....How do i get the CCM roster downloaded. Sorry for being a friggin tard.

# 83 torpidbeaver @ 09/14/12 04:23 PM
Count me amongst those who can't find fantasy draft, nor any option to choose between the 73-man and 53-man rosters. At what point am I supposed to find that option?

When I finish setting up my CCM, I get kicked immediately out into the preseason. There aren't any options for rosters or fantasy draft listed in the field that asks you what difficulty, what quarter length, trade deadline on or off, etc.

Am I missing something? Feel really dumb. Are those options only for online CCMs?

EDIT: I just looked at the default depth chart, and Matt Flynn is still listed as the starter. I guess I didn't get the update for some reason? IS there a way to ask Madden to check for updates? This is confounding.

# 84 danb22 @ 09/14/12 04:24 PM
If I have an existing CCM, can I use the updated roster for this or do I need to start over?

# 85 mikey04 @ 09/14/12 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danb22
If I have an existing CCM, can I use the updated roster for this or do I need to start over?
You will probably need to start over.

# 86 JBate24 @ 09/14/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keoni41
okay one quick question since you have all the answers my ccm (offline) let me used an updated roster but it's different from the one i use in play now and online for example Dallas cowboys felix with the CCM offline update is 81 but in play now and online hes 80 same for claborine 83 in CCM offline and 81 in online and play now and yes i downloaded the roster update. So is there just different rosters for different situations or what? just need clarification. pls
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...w-rosters.html

Search the forum before you start asking questions that have been answered. Just trying not to clutter up this thread.

# 87 Last Gunfighter @ 09/14/12 04:30 PM
Hey guys, new to OS but been playing Madden since Sega and spent the past 2 weeks reading just about every thread on here. I have a question about CCM and rosters being updated weekly. If I start a CCM and make some trades, progress some players, etc, what happens when the rosters get updated?

Thanks in advance for any help/clarification...

# 88 JBate24 @ 09/14/12 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdawg
Hey guys, new to OS but been playing Madden since Sega and spent the past 2 weeks reading just about every thread on here. I have a question about CCM and rosters being updated weekly. If I start a CCM and make some trades, progress some players, etc, what happens when the rosters get updated?

Thanks in advance for any help/clarification...
I believe you have to start over every time to use the updated rosters, just like any other game, but I'm not 100% sure.

# 89 Rawdeal28 @ 09/14/12 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO
Can anyone confirm that schemes now save?
can anyone else confirm this? and do they save even if u use the 75 man roster?

# 90 ProbieByKO @ 09/14/12 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
can anyone else confirm this? and do they save even if u use the 75 man roster?
If you check out the "offline ccm updated" thread on the main madden Forums page, several people say that they now save. Not sure about the 75 man roster part, though.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=576906

# 91 Last Gunfighter @ 09/14/12 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBate24
I believe you have to start over every time to use the updated rosters, just like any other game, but I'm not 100% sure.
Thanks for the reply, so I guess you would have to avoid updating the rosters once you have your CCM under way. But is that even possible with an online CCM? Aren't you forced to update the rosters when you start the game online?

# 92 eF 5ive @ 09/14/12 04:42 PM
Can you not use the beginning of season roster for offline CCM? I see the option when making an online, but I just tried to make an offline ccm and seemed like it was default rosters. Any help? Not interested in playing single player online and having to battle connection issues.

# 93 Rawdeal28 @ 09/14/12 04:45 PM
Quote:
If you check out the "offline ccm updated" thread on the main madden Forums page, several people say that they now save. Not sure about the 75 man roster part, though.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=576906
thanks alot probie

# 94 JBate24 @ 09/14/12 04:48 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, so I guess you would have to avoid updating the rosters once you have your CCM under way. But is that even possible with an online CCM? Aren't you forced to update the rosters when you start the game online?
I'd assume your rosters would stay the same regardless of if you update them or not.

# 95 Last Gunfighter @ 09/14/12 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBate24
I'd assume your rosters would stay the same regardless of if you update them or not.
So the update would not be applied once the CCm is started? That would seem logical but when has that ever mattered to EA?

# 96 DELUS1ONAL @ 09/14/12 04:56 PM
Why is it that I still have to cut some people even though I downloaded the new roster for offline CC? I had to start cutting people in the third and fourth preseason week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 97 ProbieByKO @ 09/14/12 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
Why is it that I still have to cut some people even though I downloaded the new roster for offline CC? I had to start cutting people in the third and fourth preseason week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For some reason they included players on injured reserve and practice squad, hence the extra players.

# 98 DELUS1ONAL @ 09/14/12 04:59 PM
Quote:
For some reason they included players on injured reserve and practice squad, hence the extra players.
Alright thanks. Did this happen to you also?

# 99 ProbieByKO @ 09/14/12 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
Alright thanks. Did this happen to you also?
I haven't even played today, lol.

I'm stuck at work and have been on and off this forum all day finding out all i can.

Lot's of people have mentioned what you have.

# 100 Ace385 @ 09/14/12 05:09 PM
Quote:
So the update would not be applied once the CCm is started? That would seem logical but when has that ever mattered to EA?
It has worked that way in every EA game ever

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.