Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available today for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Since more people will have their hands on it today, we figured it would be better to start a fresh new topic.

If you want to read some impressions from the EA Access version, click here. Otherwise, play a few games and post your impressions.

NOTE: If you are looking for the game or demo in the PS Store, they typically update later in the afternoon.

EA Sports has posted their full list of controls for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Below is a list of items that have arrived in the first in-game update:
  • Updated scanned player heads for D. Rose, J. Noah, K. Leonard, and C. Anthony
  • Updated San Antonio Spurs Championship jerseys
  • Cleveland, New Orleans, and Charlotte courts have been updated
  • Updated jersey icons for MIN alternate, MIA Floridians (Hardwood Classics), PHI road, CLE alt 2
  • Updated accessory colors for new Cavaliers uniforms
  • Updated "Pull the Chair" Post Move
  • Updated catch animations on inbound passes
  • Updated "Up and Under" layup animations
  • Updated team show colors for Sacramento
  • Jordan shoes updated for players in Rookie Showcase.
  • Steal rating updated for K. Humphries & J. Hamilton
  • Updated accessories on several players
  • Updated rosters to reflect recent player moves
  • Updated player shoes in the All-Star Game
  • Moved some players to the free agency pool
  • Updated player portraits in Live Ultimate Team
  • Info updated on several players, including playstyles, positions, jersey numbers and more
  • Foot planting with pump fakes has been updated
  • Shot timing updated for free throws

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/28/14 11:47 PM
BTW Idk if I have the gameplay update as the demo still has the old Kyrie face/hair

# 142 Traceur @ 10/28/14 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
If this game had a global ratings editor... oh boy.

I'm enjoying it but It's a little too easy. And it sucks we cant do anything to fix it.
That's what I'm saying. I laugh at all the "I got blown out by team X" comments. You must really suck at Live 15 if the CPU is blowing you out.

There needs to be a "hall of fame" or "hardcore" setting patched in ASAP because it's no fun when you win every game, even with lowly teams.

# 143 The 24th Letter @ 10/29/14 12:05 AM
This is why we need Synergy working properly....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

been having some issues with interior D for some reason....i'll be in perfect position and the defender simply wont engage the offensive player at all or be pushed back....regardless of size...

# 144 tedus @ 10/29/14 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1st off......this game is VERY HARD to find. 3 stores, no luck. 2 of the stores got no copies in at all, another didn't even know EA was releasing a basketball game this year, they thought it was canceled. 3rd store only got 10 copies in and 7 of them were pre-orders. So I ended up doing the digital download off the PS4.
Me too
in previous days, I went to my local store to preorder it, they said no need to do. because no one preorder it. they said you can buy it on day. but today I went to the store, they said in my country no one authorize live15, you have to buy it from u.s !! WTF!! but i did not quit! I found at least 5 store, but no one knows live 15 releasing!!

finally I have to buy the digital from us PSN!!

It's unbelievable!!

that's really bad marketing for Live!!

# 145 AtomicCity42 @ 10/29/14 12:20 AM
I really enjoyed what few hours I played earlier. Like the fact I could play all game modes put of the box unlike 2k

# 146 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/29/14 12:24 AM
Love defending in the post. Be straight bumping the offensive player on up out of there. And on the flip side, I like hard bumping the defender when I have the ball. Game is just physical on the blocks on both sides of the ball.

# 147 sirjam @ 10/29/14 12:52 AM
Im hoping it's bc I jus have the demo but I'm jus not getting the joy out of it that you guys are. I was looking forward to it so it's kinda disappointing

# 148 Stormyhog @ 10/29/14 01:27 AM
I played the demo & really had a goodtime with it. Graphics are crisp & clean and the atmosphere is great. The main thing to me is that it was fun. Shooting was fluid and defense is fun to play. Glad to see live getting back on track.

# 149 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/29/14 02:07 AM
The more I play the game and learn the controls the more fun I have . Playing on superstar .

I really think the game settings by default should be:
ESPN Camera
Auto Replays on
Breakaway Cam on
Post-Whistle Pace normal
Auto Motion Calling
Auto timeouts

I'm don't understand why have that stuff off it adds so much more to the game

# 150 Philstat @ 10/29/14 02:33 AM
Thoughts from the demo:
+Graphics are fantastic, especially the colors - clearer and brighter presentation than the competition, love the bump mapping on the uniforms - has a textured cloth look, nice.
+Fun to play - seeing LeBron and KD, they play like they do in real life - interesting to watch them in the flow of the game
+Pick and roll, play calling and other aspects of the game - easy to grasp, yet difficult to master
+atmosphere is great, loved when the Thunder had a white out game, yet about 20 Cleveland fans were wearing red and yellow in the crowd
+Swishing of the net is amazing, never gets old - animation and sound wise

-Massive clipping throughout, absolutely horrendous
-Nowhere near as intricate and in-depth as its counterpart (injuries, roster edits, play calling, modes, commentary etc.) it's extremely limited
-Animations are somewhat stilted at times
-Only one player comes out for player introductions - honestly, looks lame
-Point guard dominated to a degree
-Did I mention clipping, hahaha
-AI logic - lack of, at times
-Too easy to steal from the AI
-Overall post play (more in-depth than what it appears once you try the advanced moves, though way too many hook shots and odd animations in the post game)
-Blocks are fun, though they are a little over the top, though not by much
-Often hard to stop the AI on drives to the paint, can be done - though defensively it seems not as complex and diverse at its counterpart

All that said, I enjoy playing it, probably more so than its competition, it's a lot of fun, though it's so bare bone feature wise it's hard to logically select it knowing that it's so limiting. The inability to alter and edit players and lineups is the biggest issue I have with the game at the moment.

# 151 Skyboxer @ 10/29/14 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
I went to EB Games to trade in 2K14(PS4) and Hitman Absolution (X360). I only got $2 dollars trade in credit from both games, GTFO EB Games with this trade in value bull****. 2K14 should at least be $10. Anyways so I didn't do the trade, I'll just play the demo then most likely get the game on Friday.
2K14 is a version ago man and sports games in general don't garner much after a few months after release let alone a version ago...
Even Best Buy is only giving 7.00 for it.

# 152 iameich @ 10/29/14 03:41 AM
how do I know if I have the patch or not?

# 153 RayZLAL @ 10/29/14 04:13 AM
Game plays a lot better in person than watching people stream it

# 154 magiclakers32 @ 10/29/14 05:17 AM
My impressions come after playing the game for 3 days straight without playing any of the "other game" to rid myself of the controls. Im a hoops junkie. I could care less who makes what game. I loved inside drive despite how ugly it was because it was re-defining basketball gaming.

Initially after getting the early access I could not make it through an entire game. I came here to see what others thought of it and to my utter shock guys were generally happy with it.

Im a basketball enthusiast and gameplay first kinda guy. I thought this engine, with it's generic framework, would make a good college game. I can admit that Im in the minority of the "other games" online issues not being my issue. So im not living in frustration. I dont primarily play online.

I've come to understand that for the most part people here have an anti "the other game" stance. That this is not about basketball. This is not about the best representation of the sport.

It's about being tied to live since I was ".....years old"
It's about being bored with the "other game"
It's about being or feeling something different
It's about liking the shoes better or the colors better
It's about liking the unrealistically shiny courts better
It's about liking the unrealistic crowd chants at any random time better

Really it's about not wanting the most authentic nba experience. I was so dissapointed that for the most part guys are in here defending a mediocre game for some weird agenda. Although "the other game" isn't perfect. It's not about perfection. Its about attempting to represent nba basketball at its best.

Live's lack of animations and transitions should not be given a pass. The lack of signature style and movements should not be given a pass. Guys that say this game is like a ps2 game are not exaggerating. It really does feel that way in many respects.

It is a marked improvement over the travesty that was released last year. That much is true. And if you dislike the "other game" well, there you go. But to act like this game is up to the standard set by the "other game" is not reasonable. Hell, even they admit that.

What I have learned is that there is a segment of OS that doesn't want a game to be a SIM. And that is something I never thought I would see.

I'd give live 15 a 6/10

# 155 ExtremeGamer @ 10/29/14 05:21 AM
I wasn't going to give this game much of a shot as I'm content with the other game, even though I've grown a little tired of it. Glad I did though. Ended up getting a digital copy (which for some reason PSN wants me to still buy as it has the $59.99 price thing on the main Live screen, which is frustrating because I can't even rate the game).

The game itself is gorgeous, arenas and courts are the best of any basketball game I've ever seen, presentation looks great outside of the floating EA Sports logo to the right of the scorebug, remove it, we know it's an EA Sports game. Look off with it just randomly floating there and affects a little bit of the high quality ESPN presentation they have going on.

Player models are good, not great, but the faces are absolutely incredible. Still have an issue with the post game and the passing at times. Some passes feel like they are bullet passes up and down the court, they look and feel weird when they happen. Hard to describe but if you've played the game then you probably know what I'm talking about.

The game has a fun factor like no other for sports games this year. It's just flat out fun to play, maybe not as sim as it should be but that's okay. It's good for sports gamers to actually have a choice and competition is good. Overall, it's a very solid effort and I'm really excited for Live 16. I feel EA should have marketed this game more, they could have easisly taken advantage of competition's missteps earlier this month.

Very good game, I recommend it.

# 156 sirjam @ 10/29/14 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
Thoughts from the demo:
+Graphics are fantastic, especially the colors - clearer and brighter presentation than the competition, love the bump mapping on the uniforms - has a textured cloth look, nice.
+Fun to play - seeing LeBron and KD, they play like they do in real life - interesting to watch them in the flow of the game
+Pick and roll, play calling and other aspects of the game - easy to grasp, yet difficult to master
+atmosphere is great, loved when the Thunder had a white out game, yet about 20 Cleveland fans were wearing red and yellow in the crowd
+Swishing of the net is amazing, never gets old - animation and sound wise

-Massive clipping throughout, absolutely horrendous
-Nowhere near as intricate and in-depth as its counterpart (injuries, roster edits, play calling, modes, commentary etc.) it's extremely limited
-Animations are somewhat stilted at times
-Only one player comes out for player introductions - honestly, looks lame
-Point guard dominated to a degree
-Did I mention clipping, hahaha
-AI logic - lack of, at times
-Too easy to steal from the AI
-Overall post play (more in-depth than what it appears once you try the advanced moves, though way too many hook shots and odd animations in the post game)
-Blocks are fun, though they are a little over the top, though not by much
-Often hard to stop the AI on drives to the paint, can be done - though defensively it seems not as complex and diverse at its counterpart

All that said, I enjoy playing it, probably more so than its competition, it's a lot of fun, though it's so bare bone feature wise it's hard to logically select it knowing that it's so limiting. The inability to alter and edit players and lineups is the biggest issue I have with the game at the moment.
I second this. The game is fun at the atmosphere is incredible. KD is spot on as far as signature shot. U can use his length on jumpers. Is it the other game? No but it is a good game way better than last years. And I jus have the demo

# 157 nick_sr @ 10/29/14 06:19 AM
Did a CPU vs CPU game before bed last night and saw some nice results.

Both teams combined for about 20 3pt attempts

Foul attempts were about 38 for both teams

Pip were down drastically from games I played against the CPU. Guess you really have to make adjustments lol

# 158 nick_sr @ 10/29/14 06:24 AM
Is the demo anything like the retail for those that have played both?

Ppl are entitled to their opinion but if you can't see the beauty in this game then its your loss.

Excited for future updates because we already know thelive team is going to make this game slot better tthroughout the year.

# 159 LingeringRegime @ 10/29/14 06:28 AM
Played for a few hours last night. I enjoyed it overall, but the euro step seems like it is a free pass to get to the basket on All-Star setting. Animation are hard on the eyes, must overlook it if you want to enjoy the game. Some of the rebound animations are Live 07 bad.

I do like the spacing and like it has been said the lighting and ambience is fantastic. Player models are pretty bad for the most part. Especially the role players. I like the shot mechanic, it's difficult. I always hold the button too long, but I learned after have a four point 1st quarter just to tap it.

I still prefer 2K but it's good to have two good basketball games in my stable.

# 160 The 24th Letter @ 10/29/14 06:50 AM
I noticed I am getting an "a error has occurred" message after the "connecting to the EA servers screen....is 1.01 the most recent version I'm supposed to have on PS4? I'm hoping that's what it is because a lot of issues are chipping away at the "fun" factor for me,.,

I honestly felt more comfortable shooting in Live 14....it at least tried to replicate releasing at the top of your jump...these odd release points kill me, because the shots themselves look great. I also don't get the logic of the meter, I missed a free throw with a great release last night....how much better can I get than that? lol

Outside of blocking...which is rewarding, I'm not enjoying defense at all....Is there a defensive tutorial I'm missing in Learn Live? I didn't see one. That would explain a lot though. The CPU (I'm in AS/SS) hits a ton of 3's...a good bit with a hand in its face. Does LT contesting not qualify as a valid contest? Blazers just went 5/5 on my in the first. All contested. All I'm seeing is 3's and taking advantage of a lot of untouchable animations in the paint from the A.I.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.