Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive much more frequently this year. Whenever one is available, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.

Check out the changes for this mornings roster update below.

Since this roster update is sure to cause quite a bit of response, we are leaving this roster update topic opened. We will close it and hand out bans if things get out of hand, so please think before hitting that reply button.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey Everybody!

Here are the notes for today’s update:
  • The Euro League Roster received a roster overhaul.
  • 3pt and Mid-Range Shooting Ratings were globally adjusted based on shooting percentages from the newest patch (Every player had their Standing and Moving Mid Range and 3pt Shot Ratings decreased by 8 points) Due to these changes, in some cases the overall rating for players may be drastically different than it was before
  • Sim Bhullar was added to the Kings
Hope everybody has a great Friday!

-Mike Stauffer (@2Kstauff)

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 xjhj @ 04/10/15 12:34 PM
Where is the link to the roster update? Curious to see shooting ratings change

# 142 stillfeelme @ 04/10/15 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I am playing 7 minutes SS. I'm even using default settings (not sim).

The CPU was shooting 60+% from the field. I learned to play defense through a few youtube videos. Since then in my past 6 games the computer hasn't gotten above 50%. I'm sure if I played on Sim the computer would be shooting almost under 40%. Playing good defense is the key. Changing your setting to always contest in your controller settings, playing on ball defense, holding LT, giving a little space, being light with the sticks, and only using turbo in short short bursts to get around a screen or if you get beat. I play with defensive assist high but feel free to change based on what feels best. But I've been getting great percentages all around.

I also only get green releases when wide open, maybe 3 a game (when playing 7 minutes). I'm frustrated by the green release complaints, because I personally think the Kings were rigged before to not get green releases. If they make it even harder again I probably won't be able to get any at all.... With a team that I've played over 100 games with.
The Kings were not rigged they were just glitched really bad. I get way more green releases but I play 12 minute quarters. If I had to guess I say around 10+ on average post patch. I played the Warriors Blazers game last night. I made light 6-7 from three with Klay. Had like 3 mid range greens a couple with Curry, a couple with Bogut in the lane on pick and pops, Barnes from the corner, Lee pick and pop. If you played with shot stick for a while the releases are like second nature to me except Barbosa. Played another game Heat vs. Suns had like 6 threes with Dragic just killed the Suns with him.

The one thing I couldn't really defend against the Blazers was Aldrige's post turnaround jumpers and the CPU continues to get every last loose ball from a block or tip and kick out to Batum or Afflao. I don't know why they programmed the game like that but that has to go for 2K16. Happens over and over and over just kills the realism to me. Aldridge was money though on the post. I am holding the CPU around upper 40's to about 50%.

Every single game I have played has been 50% FG 40%+3pt fg% for me shooting. The type of user experience depends on how well you can shoot yourself. If you can shoot really well consistently it starts to become arcadey to me which is why I am perhaps looking at Real FG%. I never ever play real FG%. I have playing this game over a decade now.

# 143 JRxPHANTOM @ 04/10/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
I am playing 7 minutes SS. I'm even using default settings (not sim).

The CPU was shooting 60+% from the field. I learned to play defense through a few youtube videos. Since then in my past 6 games the computer hasn't gotten above 50%. I'm sure if I played on Sim the computer would be shooting almost under 40%. Playing good defense is the key. Changing your setting to always contest in your controller settings, playing on ball defense, holding LT, giving a little space, being light with the sticks, and only using turbo in short short bursts to get around a screen or if you get beat. I play with defensive assist high but feel free to change based on what feels best. But I've been getting great percentages all around.

I also only get green releases when wide open, maybe 3 a game (when playing 7 minutes). I'm frustrated by the green release complaints, because I personally think the Kings were rigged before to not get green releases. If they make it even harder again I probably won't be able to get any at all.... With a team that I've played over 100 games with.
It doesn't matter. Shots would still drop even if teams like the Kings didn't get a green release. In all honesty patch 4 is just a complete mess shooting wise. Wide open shot= green release and with how the defense CPU plays, it's pretty easy to get a "wide open" look in 2K.

I never have a problem with CPU shooting, in fact, patch 3 I was holding the CPU to like 42% a game. It's the user shooting that is just terrible now. However, you can even see a problem with the CPU. If they are wide open, they make the shot regardless. Just a terrible job done with shooting in patch 4.

# 144 JRxPHANTOM @ 04/10/15 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
After about 10 or so games SS/Sim 12 minutes. Using various teams against the CPU. I have to say I hope they patch the automatic nature of green releases and lower the open bonus to what it was before that way they can bring the ratings back to where they were before. I don't think I have had a game where I didn't shoot 50%+ from the floor and 40+ from 3.

I know any player in the NBA can go off and get hot but there is no randomness in the games right now. The CPU can go off I go off but it is happening too frequently.

Is anyone having success with real FG%? Or can they suggest a real fG% slider. I have been using user stick timing since I can't even remember feels weird to even go to real FG% but I think that is the only option.
Real fg% took a hit too with patch 4. It may be your best option but I can't play 2K like that.

# 145 Scrapps @ 04/10/15 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxPHANTOM
Real fg% took a hit too with patch 4. It may be your best option but I can't play 2K like that.

Same goes. I'm still attempting to find reasonable user shooting sliders. Am beginning to wonder if they exist.

# 146 stillfeelme @ 04/10/15 01:30 PM
Quote:
I don't play with real fg% either never have ever since they came up with the user stick timing, what do you mean it took a hit are %'s higher? It might be more realistic but in less control.

I guess I just like the system where I am in part control of the release to get a player to shoot to his %'s but don't want full % decided

# 147 ataman5 @ 04/11/15 05:23 AM
There was no need to fix what's not broken, why 2k, i've completely given up on this iteration though i was way too much liking the game after patch 3.

# 148 Comduklakis @ 04/11/15 09:23 AM
Very disappointed with this move and might just move on to MLB the Show. I strictly play offline Myleague, 30 team control. Sim stats matter to me and I use Real FG% in the games I play (Pistons). By lowering everyone's shooting percentages in key categories, sim shooting percentages are lowered and my shooters are going to shoot lower in played games. Then you add in that with progression younger guys wlll automatically start to outpace the shooting skils of existing players. And user draft classes will need to be adjusted.

I realize that the patch seemingly "broke" the game for many, but it didn't for me, and now this "fix" has broke the game for me. LeBron shouldn't be shooting 46%.

# 149 Luke Skywalker @ 04/11/15 10:22 AM
Prime example right here that 2K caters online gameplay, no love for offline.

# 150 zrohman @ 04/11/15 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
Very disappointed with this move and might just move on to MLB the Show. I strictly play offline Myleague, 30 team control. Sim stats matter to me and I use Real FG% in the games I play (Pistons). By lowering everyone's shooting percentages in key categories, sim shooting percentages are lowered and my shooters are going to shoot lower in played games. Then you add in that with progression younger guys wlll automatically start to outpace the shooting skils of existing players. And user draft classes will need to be adjusted.

I realize that the patch seemingly "broke" the game for many, but it didn't for me, and now this "fix" has broke the game for me. LeBron shouldn't be shooting 46%.
Wasn't your my league already started? It wouldn't have effected your current my league roster.

If you don't like it you could always download an older roster that wasn't changed, like the official roster before this, and start another my league.... But if you already had a my league it wouldn't have been effected by this update

# 151 iLLosophy @ 04/11/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
This royally screws over people that play MyPark. It's really no point in scoring anywhere inside of the 3pt line anymore - everyone is steph curry and kyle korver. This is a case of people not testing the game. The entire game.

If I don't hear of a fix in the next week or so, this game is sold.

# 152 JazzMan @ 04/11/15 02:04 PM
This game almost perfect after patch 3. Gameplay-wise, it was as good as it was going to get until 2k16. Sure, we had the regression issue and the 2kshare issue, but patch 4 fixed that. But why did they have to touch the shooting? To make sure that people would still buy 2k16?

This whole roster thing won't work in MyLeague. Guys will start shooting below their usual percentages in simmed games, while rookies who would normally be average shooters will become and progress into the top shooters of the league. It's ridiculous.

# 153 JRxPHANTOM @ 04/11/15 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
This game almost perfect after patch 3. Gameplay-wise, it was as good as it was going to get until 2k16. Sure, we had the regression issue and the 2kshare issue, but patch 4 fixed that. But why did they have to touch the shooting? To make sure that people would still buy 2k16?

This whole roster thing won't work in MyLeague. Guys will start shooting below their usual percentages in simmed games, while rookies who would normally be average shooters will become and progress into the top shooters of the league. It's ridiculous.
Exactly shooting should have been untouched all together. Patch 4 did a great job on fixing non gameplay issues that needed fixing. Shooting was the last thing that needed fixed.

# 154 redsox4evur @ 04/11/15 03:48 PM
Quote:
Exactly shooting should have been untouched all together. Patch 4 did a great job on fixing non gameplay issues that needed fixing. Shooting was the last thing that needed fixed.
But wasn't there a percentage that were complaining about not being able to hit layups with big men under the basket and also not being able to hit a perfect release with players.

# 155 JRxPHANTOM @ 04/11/15 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
But wasn't there a percentage that were complaining about not being able to hit layups with big men under the basket and also not being able to hit a perfect release with players.
If there were people complaining, it was at the bare minimum compared to the complaining now post patch 4. Again you have to realize that sliders fixed those issues. Raising shooting and lay-up sliders help those issues you just noted pre patch 4. Even if a player couldn't get a green release, the shot would still fall majority of the time nonetheless. Post patch 4 sliders cannot fix any problem that green release and wide open shots have done. In 2K it's very easy to get open, even if you are doing post fades with big men. Wide open in 2K=automatic green release now and no sliders or roster updates will be able to fix that thanks to patch 4.

# 156 redsox4evur @ 04/11/15 04:05 PM
Quote:
If there were people complaining, it was at the bare minimum compared to the complaining now post patch 4. Again you have to realize that sliders fixed those issues. Raising shooting and lay-up sliders help those issues you just noted pre patch 4. Even if a player couldn't get a green release, the shot would still fall majority of the time nonetheless. Post patch 4 sliders cannot fix any problem that green release and wide open shots have done. In 2K it's very easy to get open, even if you are doing post fades with big men. Wide open in 2K=automatic green release now and no sliders will be able to fix that.
I think it was the MyTeam section that I saw people complaining and obviously that's an online mode and they can't touch sliders.

# 157 Comduklakis @ 04/11/15 07:05 PM
Quote:
Wasn't your my league already started? It wouldn't have effected your current my league roster.

If you don't like it you could always download an older roster that wasn't changed, like the official roster before this, and start another my league.... But if you already had a my league it wouldn't have been effected by this update
Actually no. I had been doing some simming post patch to check on how the new regression system works (very well mind you, great job to 2k for fixing that) and then I went on vacation to Florida. I was going to start a new one. Maybe I'll just download someone else's roster to use in MyLeague. I believe the regression issue is solved for user made rosters as well as the 2k roster, correct (question for anyone that knows)?

# 158 The 24th Letter @ 04/11/15 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker

How exactly is this change an example of that?

# 159 Sundown @ 04/11/15 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur

The idea of a green perfect release seemed like a potentially bad idea. Fortunately as tuned on release, they were very rare and the game functioned even when they were glitched for some players. Unfortunately, green releases made green releases a thing over just playing basketball-- and now the patch to fix what was sort of a gimmicky feature that shouldn't have a major impact has essentially compromised what was otherwise a solid game foundationally. It's rather frustrating.

# 160 ataman5 @ 04/12/15 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The idea of a green perfect release seemed like a potentially bad idea. Fortunately as tuned on release, they were very rare and the game functioned even when they were glitched for some players. Unfortunately, green releases made green releases a thing over just playing basketball-- and now the patch to fix what was sort of a gimmicky feature that shouldn't have a major impact has essentially compromised what was otherwise a solid game foundationally. It's rather frustrating.
Yea i couldn't put it better than this. QFT.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.