Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive much more frequently this year. Whenever one is available, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.

Check out the changes for this mornings roster update below.

Since this roster update is sure to cause quite a bit of response, we are leaving this roster update topic opened. We will close it and hand out bans if things get out of hand, so please think before hitting that reply button.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey Everybody!

Here are the notes for today’s update:
  • The Euro League Roster received a roster overhaul.
  • 3pt and Mid-Range Shooting Ratings were globally adjusted based on shooting percentages from the newest patch (Every player had their Standing and Moving Mid Range and 3pt Shot Ratings decreased by 8 points) Due to these changes, in some cases the overall rating for players may be drastically different than it was before
  • Sim Bhullar was added to the Kings
Hope everybody has a great Friday!

-Mike Stauffer (@2Kstauff)

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 CaseIH @ 04/15/15 10:23 PM
Decided to sim a season before I start My League to see how all stats play out since they did these global edits. Overall stats look pretty good, but FG% is a tad low but not too bad, 3pt FG% is definitely a little lower than it should be, by about 3%. Probably could adjust some of the elite 3pt shooters up and the team 3pt FG% could possibly be a little closer to where it should be.

So for anyone wondering if it did effect FG% since the global drop in shooting, it does, but I think with a few tweaks to the elite 3pt shooters, you might be able to get it closer to that of real life.

# 162 fgjli @ 04/16/15 02:43 AM
Where is the link to the roster update? Curious to see shooting ratings change

# 163 DJ @ 04/16/15 10:56 AM
Tweeted about this last night, but wanted to mention that I played without question my most enjoyable game since Patch #4 dropped. All-Star/Simulation, 12-min. quarters, Real FG/FT%. Used the official 2K Roster Update.

Hawks (CPU) at Bulls. Atlanta won 89-88 when D. Rose missed a wide-open 3-pointer at the buzzer.

This game was tremendous. Shooting percentages were 47% for ATL and 46% for CHI. This was back-and-forth the entire way. Each time one team would make a run, the other team would answer. Atlanta led by 12 at one point in the second half, but I slowly chipped away at the deficit and gave the Bulls a chance to win at the end. I was trying to get something for either Gasol or Butler, but Atlanta did a good job of denying both guys the ball, so Rose (who had a tough shooting night) was forced to take that 3-pointer before the buzzer. Just missed.

I didn't see any significant sliding on defense, guys not rotating properly on defense and on the offensive side of the ball, mid-range and 3-point shots were not automatic for either team; I think ATL shot 35% from 3-point range and CHI was 27%.

This was the first game that brought back the feeling I had playing this game pre-Patch #4.

# 164 nghnjh @ 04/16/15 11:11 AM

# 165 Silvershadow28 @ 04/16/15 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I understand the update was made to stop the OP shooting aspect but it really shouldn't affect the players this much, really Rudy Gay went down 2 points overall? I can't see where you guys are getting this from because the stats don't add up with your ratings, don't hurt the players because you messed up. Rudy Gay is at worst an 84 overall, should be 85 IMO..smh

# 166 joosegoose @ 04/25/15 05:31 AM
I finally got around to playing a game with the new global shooting reductions. Does the AI understand the new scale with regards to leaving guys open? It seemed to me that defenders were sagging off everybody due to the lowered ratings. I'm not someone who shoots a ton of 3s but I caught myself easily shooting 15 in a quarter as a result of how open everyone seemed.

# 167 ataman5 @ 04/25/15 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
I finally got around to playing a game with the new global shooting reductions. Does the AI understand the new scale with regards to leaving guys open? It seemed to me that defenders were sagging off everybody due to the lowered ratings. I'm not someone who shoots a ton of 3s but I caught myself easily shooting 15 in a quarter as a result of how open everyone seemed.
That's a very good eye! The game has completely dead for us after patch 4 in our community, we're more or less 40-42 group of people and we all are done with it.

I really can't understand as, i've numerously mentioned b4, messing up things that were not broken.

# 168 DocHolliday @ 05/07/15 01:25 PM
Did anyone else notice that this seems to make sim stats much worse?

# 169 hinj @ 05/10/15 11:16 AM

# 170 CaseIH @ 05/13/15 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Yes, and it's because this was nothing more than a Band-aid from 2K IN MY OPINION (<<< Read that again)

I'm not calling 2K lazy or anything like that because it may have just been an oversight, but even though the adjustments were "global" many aspects of the game doesn't recognize them as such. For example. I would argue now that a 72 Rated 3pt shooter (formerly 80) is pretty good, where a 67 rated (formerly 75 is average) But go in a game with a 67 rated 3pt shooter, and the CPU basically stands in the paint to try and defend you, so obviously whatever code was used to inform the A.I. that this is a good or bad shooter wasn't "globally" altered. Same can be said for the sim stats...and another thing I'm not sure about is what about the draft classes? Are we going to get classes now where guys are automatically the best shooters in the league? Would be disappointing...

Something I decided to do is start My League over, and bump every player globally +4 in Mid range and 3's for both standing and moving shots. I was noticing that sim stats were going to be screwed for both low FG% as well as too many rebounds per game for teams.

That looks like that will fix the issue and get things pretty close, and its not causing me to shoot to high of a FG% either.

Hated starting over with my My league, but 10 games in and stats were all whacked and Im OCD about sim stats, and its was either do that or put the game away for good. Doubtful I buy NBA2k16 so that's why I decided to take the time and fix the issue, even if it meant starting over.

# 171 honjg @ 05/13/15 12:45 PM
A good workaround by 2K. Unfortunately, this doesn't help people with their MyLeague or MyGM rosters.

# 172 themoneyteam1212 @ 05/13/15 12:59 PM
Could someone please help me and tell me how to download or use these rosters from inside the game.(PS4) Do I just hit triangle and choose injury free roster if I don't want injuries and the new ratings? Thanks for any help

# 173 CaseIH @ 05/13/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneyteam1212
Could someone please help me and tell me how to download or use these rosters from inside the game.(PS4) Do I just hit triangle and choose injury free roster if I don't want injuries and the new ratings? Thanks for any help

Just go to options then create a roster, and their you can pick from 2k's roster, or a edited roster by someone if you want.

# 174 jaateloauto @ 05/14/15 12:57 PM
I wipe the dust off my PS4 and I come back to this?

# 175 City_foxx @ 05/15/15 07:49 PM
Was durant neglected for global ratings adjustment due to his injury? I find it odd his shooting ratings are higher then currys. And now that injured players are unlocked for modeslike quick match and team up.Its a matter that could use some attention.

# 176 bedwardsroy19 @ 05/18/15 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
Was durant neglected for global ratings adjustment due to his injury? I find it odd his shooting ratings are higher then currys. And now that injured players are unlocked for modeslike quick match and team up.Its a matter that could use some attention.
All injured players were edited as well. Shooting close was not effected by the global edit.

Mid Range and Three point moving and standing were updated, and Curry is better than Durant in all four of those ratings.

# 177 jrose57 @ 05/18/15 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
to be honest with you man negative 8 wasn't enough. guys still shoot too easy regardless of the ratings because of the boost that was in the last patch. post fade jump shots Dwight Howard go in unusually high pace 1 hall of fame simulation level. post shots for everybody goes into much as well as floaters. none of these were touched by your rating decreases. bottom line that patch to make mid range shooting easier messed up the balance of the game and I hope you guys don't do it again for 2k 16 because defensive strategies don't matter now when Rondo is a force to be reckoned with with his jump shot.
Agree and can I say we should not wait for 2k16 to come, we should have 2k15 FIXED, we paid to play the game until a new one comes out, which the new one will arrive in another half a year, so...

# 178 Biizz713 @ 05/20/15 12:11 AM
just tried to play a quick ranked for some fun. played a guy who went 9/11 on 3's. the game is broken now, plain and simple. patch 4 is the worst thing i've seen 2k do in any of their games. it's like they completely and totally lack the ability to test anything AT ALL before they put it out to the public. it takes 5 minutes of gameplay to see that the 3's are ridiculous, and yet here we are. I don't get it.

# 179 jinku @ 05/20/15 12:35 PM

# 180 jrose57 @ 05/20/15 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
just tried to play a quick ranked for some fun. played a guy who went 9/11 on 3's. the game is broken now, plain and simple. patch 4 is the worst thing i've seen 2k do in any of their games. it's like they completely and totally lack the ability to test anything AT ALL before they put it out to the public. it takes 5 minutes of gameplay to see that the 3's are ridiculous, and yet here we are. I don't get it.
Try real field goal%, it becomes playable (based on the few games I tried playing with this setting)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.