Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

The Rory McIlroy PGA Tour download on EA Access is now available. You will have 10 hours of gameplay time before the game 'locks', forcing you to buy the full version.

Be sure to post your impressions of the game, and share your videos and screenshots!

For those of you not getting the game tonight, Chase Becotte is capturing footage for Operation Sports. Let him know in this thread if there's something in particular you want to see! You should start to see videos on the site tomorrow.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Barto @ 07/08/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
I hate this prologue stuff. I just want to play, I don't need my hand held.
You can't opt out of the prologue? That stinks. I don't need my hand held either. Weak Sauce EA Sports.

# 22 CRIP4LIFE @ 07/08/15 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Hate the putting. Not sure how to put it but for me it feels goofy. No feel whatsoever

Even after 5 holes on Tour mode

Game just seems so scaled back from previous versions

Game looks amazing that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
these are my feelings, nearly exactly. but i'll add a few:

-- even on tour pro (hardest) difficulty, it felt way too easy to hit any ball as straight as an arrow.

-- on the green, the ball feels like a magnet toward the hole.

-- the putting mechanic is goofy and doesnt initially feel at all intuitive.

-- i like the graphics and presentation

i only played a few holes and stopped because i really want to spend my 10hrs in multiplayer with friends, but my first impressions are compared to the golf club, this feels way less sim even on the hardest difficulty.

# 23 Flightwhite24 @ 07/08/15 05:32 PM
Just finished at TPC Sawgrass shot +1 on Tour difficulty.

Don't really know what to say. If I had to lean one way it would be disappointed but again that was just 1 rd

Headed over to Chambers Bay

# 24 CRIP4LIFE @ 07/08/15 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Just finished at TPC Sawgrass shot +1 on Tour difficulty.

Don't really know what to say. If I had to lean one way it would be disappointed but again that was just 1 rd

Headed over to Chambers Bay

agreed again.. i'm even upset with myself for making an early judgement and leaning toward being let down.

i MUST see how it feels in a competitive environment with friends. i want sim, a lot. but ultimately what i'm really looking for is fun competition with friends that doesn't feel gimmicky,

if it can give me that, i'll take it and let it hold me over until fall sports games arrive.

# 25 Barto @ 07/08/15 05:44 PM
The problem with Tour difficulty is we've been playing a similar version of an annual game (except last year) each year, so they can only make it so hard without completely tricking up the programming of the game. We've basically been practicing the same gameplay for about 8 years now so it's not shocking we are all pretty good at the game right out of the box.

I think if the rough can be turned up along with the wind then that will be enough for me. It would be nice if we could get the occasional sand filled divot lie or cell phone camera going off in the back swing. That would certainly add to the realism. LOL

# 26 Flightwhite24 @ 07/08/15 05:48 PM
What I've noticed is if you don't make a complete swing you will be penalized with distance of the tee and throughout the hole. What used to be a gimme in past version this one seems to get it right. I've missed numerous approaches to the green

# 27 Klocker @ 07/08/15 05:53 PM
Damn downloading now,,, I hope putting is not as bad for me as it is sounding. that is my main concern for this game. I need a realistic putting feel

# 28 sroz39 @ 07/08/15 05:56 PM
One thing I've seen on PastaPadre's stream is he IS missing a perfect swing on the vertical plane. The problem I'm seeing is the game is not punishing him for it enough or at all.

I don't have EA Access so I can't verify it myself but maybe there's an option somewhere to turn up the sensitivity or difficulty on pro mode. This would solve things for offline play but where this is a little disheartening is if it is this easy, online play on Pro difficulty will be way too easy again and the scores will get out of hand.

Hopefully this is something they can tune...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 29 turbineseaplane @ 07/08/15 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
One thing I've seen on PastaPadre's stream is he IS missing a perfect swing on the vertical plane. The problem I'm seeing is the game is not punishing him for it enough or at all.

I don't have EA Access so I can't verify it myself but maybe there's an option somewhere to turn up the sensitivity or difficulty on pro mode. This would solve things for offline play but where this is a little disheartening is if it is this easy, online play on Pro difficulty will be way too easy again and the scores will get out of hand.

Hopefully this is something they can tune...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Totally agree - It seems WAY too easy and non punishing out of the box on the "hard" mode.

Total deal killer if that's the case. I was hoping for at *least* something as fun and challenging as Sim mode in TW14

# 30 pietasterp @ 07/08/15 06:00 PM
Does it basically "feel" like the same game we've been playing for the last 8 years? Or does it feel like something different? I'm not asking for a value judgment on that (not saying it's good or bad one way or the other), just in general does it feel like a brand-new experience, or basically the same with nicer graphics? Understanding of course we're 2 hours in to the first people playing it...

# 31 turbineseaplane @ 07/08/15 06:01 PM
I'm just stunned with how easy it seems for the people playing on the hardest mode... I can't even imagine what the lesser modes are like....Just "swing" and it goes in? :-(

# 32 Flightwhite24 @ 07/08/15 06:05 PM
Just shot +12 at Chambers Bay. Not sure if it was the course or my newness to this version

# 33 Symphoniczz @ 07/08/15 06:17 PM
When were you guys able to play? I'm at 15% and patiently waiting to play, haven't played a tiger woods game since tiger woods 10 on the 360..

# 34 Panicshade @ 07/08/15 06:20 PM
^^ about 20% I think

# 35 jbd345 @ 07/08/15 06:24 PM
Little bit of a let down that tour seems easy. But I do have to ask what were you guys hoping to shoot on tour +12? I mean +1 or -5 seems about right to me. You don't see tour pros shooting 65-58 every round, just saying. Not trying to troll here or be a jerk, just curious as to what you guys were expecting. And no I can't speak for myself as I don't have the game yet.

# 36 turbineseaplane @ 07/08/15 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Little bit of a let down that tour seems easy. But I do have to ask what were you guys hoping to shoot on tour +12? I mean +1 or -5 seems about right to me. You don't see tour pros shooting 65-58 every round, just saying. Not trying to troll here or be a jerk, just curious as to what you guys were expecting. And no I can't speak for myself as I don't have the game yet.
The concern is that even the "hard mode" seems to be pretty easy to "pick up and play well".

Since there are different levels of play, I know that I personally was hoping one of those modes would be really really challenging and keep me working hard at it for a long while.

# 37 turbineseaplane @ 07/08/15 06:31 PM
EA Tim has said that he thinks "3 Click" is harder than "Tour" - Crazy weird if true

# 38 oldman @ 07/08/15 06:34 PM
Can someone look at the Tour Mode calendar/schedule or whatever they are using this year. Are there only 8 events or are there more events than that and we just repeat courses?

Also, I can't remember how Tiger Woods worked, will DLC Courses be used in Tour Mode or only the ones that come originally with the game?

Thanks

# 39 BA2929 @ 07/08/15 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane
The concern is that even the "hard mode" seems to be pretty easy to "pick up and play well".
Well, to be fair, I haven't played a TW/PGA game since about 2010 and I bet I could pick up this game, play on Tour mode and shoot no worse than a +5. Once you've played one of these EA golf games you can pretty much pick any of them up and do fairly well. Especially after a brief tutorial as a refresher.

I wouldn't get down in the dumps without playing the game first and seeing for yourself about the difficulty. What is easy for someone isn't so easy for someone else.

# 40 turbineseaplane @ 07/08/15 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Well, to be fair, I haven't played a TW/PGA game since about 2010 and I bet I could pick up this game, play on Tour mode and shoot no worse than a +5. Once you've played one of these EA golf games you can pretty much pick any of them up and do fairly well. Especially after a brief tutorial as a refresher.

I wouldn't get down in the dumps without playing the game first and seeing for yourself about the difficulty. What is easy for someone isn't so easy for someone else.
Fair point - I agree - Have to try it myself for sure

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.