Home

NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

This is a discussion on NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #145
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I don’t have a set lineup of exactly what I’ll do that’s probably something I need to figure out. Do you have any suggestions on what you do ? If works slow I’ll get all 3 games posted tomorrow.

Game 1 - was a full sim

Game 2 - I jumped in 2nd half

Game 3 - was a full sim

Game 4 - I played full game (just finished this now)

I used to only play Games 2, 4, 6 and 7 if necessary, but recently swapped to Trekfan’s approach of a random game from 1-3 then a random game from 4-6, and 7 if necessary. Playing every game makes it too easy in my experience, but seems like you’ve got a good setup ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2021, 10:08 AM   #146
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Nuggets Game 4

This is the biggest game of the series with Memphis having a 2-1 lead. Memphis gets out to a big 1st quarter lead and Thybulle has 7 early points. It ended up being a 42 point 1st quarter. The lead was at 18 when the half came.

Denver would come back in the 2nd half as the Memphis offense got back to reality. The lead was down to single digits with Mullin having a hot shooting night. Denver ended the quarter on fire winning it 43 to 26 on 62% shooting.

In the 4th quarter Memphis went to the big lineup with Clarke at the 3 which they did a few times this game. Denver has a small frontcourt so with Porter playing they 4 has a G at the 3. Clarke gets 3 baskets posting up on Barton and Memphis had a 7 point lead with 5 to go. The cigar lineup was in the game to close and this time Mullin had the ball running the pick and roll. He hits Ja for a huge 3 with 2 minutes to go. Stefan struggled in this game, but he would come through here in the biggest play of the year. He drives and for some reason the defense goes after him leaving Mullin wide open. He hits the 3 to go up 6 with 28 seconds remaining.

Jokic only got 10 shots in 41 minutes of play while Murray had his best game of the series. Morris also played well in 22 minutes off the bench. Turnovers killed Memphis in this one especially Stefan who had 7. He stayed in the game despite some killer turnovers late so that will be a situation to monitor as Melton was great. Mullin has been pretty quiet in this game and erupted in this one with 31 points and 7 3's. Ja had a near triple double. The 3 big guys were pretty quiet, but Clarke had some huge points when he played the 3.

The Game Clincher

Ja's Late 3
Old 03-12-2021, 10:56 AM   #147
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Nuggets Game 5

Memphis wins game 5 so this means they have advanced to the 2nd round. Ja only scores 12 and surprisingly kind of held in check this series. Jaren Jackson is the player of the game with 30 points and 17 FT attempts and made defense plays. Jonas racked up the rebounds with 18.Thybulle gets 5 steals. Stefan bounces back scoring 13 with only 1 turnover and getting 2 steals.

Old 03-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #148
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Huge series win. How’s the rest of the playoffs shaping up?

Old 03-12-2021, 03:37 PM   #149
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

I am surprised I made it to the 2nd round didn't think that would happen before the season.

I did finish the 1st round last night and I'll have that update tomorrow. It should be a shorter update so I'll be able to do it from my old laptop from this house this weekend. Dallas ended up winning in 7 so that's who I'll play.

Yea I let a few games that were borderline play out without jumping in. So I figured that was a good enough balance since I only played 1 full game and just jumped into that 1 game. I might do something similar where I line up in advance the two games I'll play as I am expecting a longer series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
I used to only play Games 2, 4, 6 and 7 if necessary, but recently swapped to Trekfan’s approach of a random game from 1-3 then a random game from 4-6, and 7 if necessary. Playing every game makes it too easy in my experience, but seems like you’ve got a good setup ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
Huge series win. How’s the rest of the playoffs shaping up?

Last edited by georgiafan; 03-12-2021 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #150
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Post Re: NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

Post Series Press Conference

Q - How important is this win for the franchise with such a young team ?

A - Its huge at the beginning of the year nobody expected us to make it this far. We didn't have this us against the world mentality we were just able to not be rattled by the big stage and that was huge. You don't see that a lot with basically zero playoff experience from the guys who played.

Q - What went into the bench lineup this series and how did you divide those minutes up? Is that how you will keep it next round vs Dallas ?

A - We went with a 9 man rotation which we will keep for the next round. Our bench is very deep, but its one with a lot of players more then just 2 Lou Williams types that need to be getting 25 minutes a game. Thats why we went with 9 man over 8. Denver without Bol Bol is a small team as they played MPJ at the 4 instead of the 3 like they did in the regular season. This meant we were able to go small and play Melton and Stefan the most minutes off the bench. They are our best defenders on the bench so we went with defense over offense with our bench rotation this past series. Dallas is a bigger team so we may have to tweak some things. We did shake things up one game and played WCS over Winslow so we like having the ability to do that.

Q - You were able to win this series in 5 games even though Ja didn't set the world on fire what does that say about this team ?

A - Ja played well 19 points and 8 assist is good, but yea that is a little below his season average. It speaks for the depth Mullin, Clark and are are all 3 capable of scoring 20+ a night. Jonas is going to score in double digits just from the dirty work he does. Bane is a guy that got about 10 minutes a game and his per 36 stats this series were great. Ja knows for us to beat Dallas he will need to score more then 19 a game
Old 03-13-2021, 01:58 PM   #151
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

1st Round Results

Lakers Barely Advance
After dropping the first 2 games LA comes back to win by 6 points in game 7. During that one Lebron had 40-10-8-3-1. A reminder LA is devastated by injuries with 4 rotation guys that missed the whole series. Everyone outside of Lebron scored under 13 points for the series and game 7. Zion and Ingram combined to average 57.

Costly Loss for Utah
Despite Chris Paul not playing for Phoenix they managed to advance in 7 games. Its a costly loss for Utah as they fail to even win a series. They are getting old with Conley, Bogdanvich, Ingles and no 1st round pick this offseason. It could be a step back for them next year. Ayton in game 7 has 32 and 19. Booker had 29-4-7 for the series.

Dallas Avoids Disaster
The #2 seed had a tough draw and barely hung winning by easy in the 7th game. Kanter who was starting game 7 for Dallas had 19 rebounds. The 3 stars for Portland (adding Ewing) all had under 17 in game 7.

Cakewalk for Brooklyn
The 3 stars for Brooklyn didn't disappoint all playing well and making short work of the young Pistons.

Heat Win In 5
This was expected to be a long series and it wasn't and our prediction was wrong Miami advances. Lowry made his big FA deal pay off scoring 22 this series which was 8 more then he did in the regular season. Trae scored 30, but nobody else averaged over 13.

Tatum Does Step Up
Boston had several smaller injuries and with their depth and early lead didn't have to risk them playing. That will pay off next round as they will be the clear favorites. Tatum lived up to his all NBA selection scoring about 30 per night.

Somehow New York Disappoints
When your New York who was expected to be one of the worst teams in the league and make the playoffs for the first time in forever. Its really hard to disappoint your rabid fans and somehow they did. They took a 3-1 lead on the Bucks who without Giannis doesn't have much talent. They would lose the last 3 games and somehow Milwaukee survives as Giannis gets closer to coming back. Rookie PG J.R O'Neal had 23-9-6 for New York and is a mega star going forward. Middleton averages 29.

Last edited by georgiafan; 03-13-2021 at 02:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2021, 07:57 PM   #152
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

2nd Round Preview

#1 Nets vs #4 Heat

You can pencil the 3 stars for Brooklyn down for 75-80 a night. Another name to keep a eye on is Joe Harris who last series scored 19 a night on 55% from 3. Dinwiddy is now hurt so will miss the season this leaves Brooklyn thin for quality G depth outside of Shamet. The Heat are fully healthy and loaded off the bench with P.J Tucker, Nunn and Duncan Robinson coming off the bench. They also have a few vets outside of them that can easily play. Lowry will need to match his performance from last round and score 20 a night. Miami has a solid starting 5, but I will say Nets win in 5 they just have to much firepower.

Celtics vs Bucks

Giannis is still out for 2-4 weeks so will miss this series. For Milwaukee to advance they need Middleton to play like the star he did last series and score 30 a night. They also need Jrue and Divincenzo to defend like they have all year and score 15+ a night. Boston has Jaylen Brown and Myles Turner near 100% so will both play starter minutes. Boston has decisons to make at who plays in the frontcourt with Derrick Rose (77 ovr), J.J Redick (75 ovr), Rookie Daniels (76 ovr), Jerermy Lamb (76 ovr), Nesmith (78 ovr), Prichard (76 ovr). Boston is the clear better team I say they easily win in 5.

#1 Lakers vs #5 Suns

LA is starting to get more healthy with Harrell expected to play game 2 and KCP available if need be. Patty Mills is one name off the bench to keep a eye can he keep up scoring 11 a night on 45% from 3 in 22 minutes ? They are also going to need other vets like Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony and Wes Matthews to play better then they did last round. The suns are without Miles Bridges who got hurt last series so Jae Crowder will start for him. The PG duo for Phoenix needs to play better. This is a tough one both teams went to 7 last round. I say somehow LA finds a way to win in 7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »