Home

NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

This is a discussion on NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2022, 05:03 PM   #473
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K - Georgiafan's 3 year realistic rebuilds / remasters

Trade Alert

Pelicans Thoughts
They make a win now move filling a big need at G. Despite MVP stats from Zion they are well below .500 on the year. They didn't have a need for Hayes after taking a C at #4 this past draft. C.J makes them great on offense, but is owed a lot of $ and creates issue on defense. They give up on 2 young prospects and still have two 1st for the 24 draft.

Trailblazers Thoughts
Its not a flashy move for the rebuilding blazers who have one of the leagues worst records. They shed the Longterm $ of C.J and currently have 27 million to take on some bad salary at the deadline. Hayes and NAW are both previous mid 1st round picks and will see more playing time now. They both will be RFA, but should resign for a reasonable price. They pick up a future 1st making them huge players in the 24 draft. This trade isn't finalized yet so they will find a 3rd team for Covington and likely pick up some more 2nds. Portland is going to be bad, but have a lot of solid young players to get minutes the rest of the year.

Editors Note
While I won't duplicate all the major trades done in real life this one made sense to try and duplicate. New Orleans had a big hole at G and depth in the frontcourt. It was a complicated to match the salaries as they didn't have the easy filler like the real one.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:48 AM   #474
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0

You're a year ahead right? So this deal is happening next year for you?

Absolutely brutal that Duarte got hurt right when he came back. Any thoughts to trading him for someone healthy?
Old 02-10-2022, 10:14 AM   #475
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Yea I'm in November of season 2 about 20 games into the season. Since New Orleans didn't add any G's this offseason it made sense for to come close to copying the real life deal.

Durate injury hurts maybe I can peice together something to get by for the next few weeks. I don't think I'll trade him this year as I like him as a 2 way role player. One issue agianst trading him is not having mid tier salaries to trade. If I go for a guy making 20ish million per year I will have to inlcude Okoro + Osmon since I don't want let go of Mcconnell and Drummond. So if I include Durate I would have to get a starting SF as I would have no depth at that positon.

The next big move I make will prob be for a combo F thats more of a 4/5 type. I just have to find a way to get that guy without giving up my core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
You're a year ahead right? So this deal is happening next year for you?

Absolutely brutal that Duarte got hurt right when he came back. Any thoughts to trading him for someone healthy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2022, 08:52 AM   #476
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Rookie Check In

Let's do a check in of where the rookies stand and we will come back at some point and go more in depth. We knew this rookie class wasn't star studded at the top so we weren't expecting any 20 point a game rookies. It's hard to just judge core stats as so much of that is tied to playing time and situation. You also have several people that started out in the G league or limited minutes that are now getting more bc of injuries.

Old 02-11-2022, 02:26 PM   #477
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quck League Wide News Recap

Here is a quick rundown of some stories as we sit in the end of December

1. We mentioned in the Pelicans/ Blazers trade that Portland would flip Covington before the the trade becomes official. They did so sending him to Boston for the expiring contract of Larry Nance (will be bought out) and a future 2nd. Boston is in 3rd place and won't be phased by guaranteed $ the next 2 years and get a upgrade at F.

2. Sacramento traded Fox this offseason and its not working out for them in the win department with just 7 wins so far. They have been hit by the injury bug losing Hield for the year and Mitchell for 4-6 weeks. This likely makes them sellers as they have two rookies taken in the top 10 this past draft and will shift toward the long game.

3. OKC is now 13-16 and Lillard leads the league in scoring at 29.3

4. Lakers are 20-12 and all big 3 (lebron, AD, Russ) are averaging 20 per game.

5. Houston expected to be one of the worst teams in the league are doing better then expected at 12-20. They could make the play in and have several veterans like Christian Wood they probably need to trade.

6. Detroit another team that tried to win this year spending $ in FA are just 10-20. They have Grant who is a FA at the end of the year.

7. Charollete brought in Myles Turner and are also underachieving at 10-21. They have had some injuries like Gordon Hayward and P.J Washington. Rozier is playing bad and owed a lot of $ in the future.

8. Atlanta has had some bad luck with injuries though they have lots of depth. Their rookie 14th pick is out for the year and starting SF Deandre Hunter is out 8-10 weeks

9. Just a few games after making the C.J trade and shipping off Jaxson Hayes at C. Starting C Jonas Valacinous got hurt and is out 4-6 weeks. This means the #4 overall pick will get 30 minutes a night as they try and rally to make the play in.

10. Kevin Durant is having a amazing year as they sit 22-8. He is averaging 26 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assist on shooting splits of 50/49/90
Old 02-11-2022, 03:22 PM   #478
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

While 13-16 isn't great, having the leading scorer and the 2nd best rookie is decent for OKC. It may be a foundation to build on as the team grows or via 1 more piece. Is their defense their biggest weakness? Or rebounding? Has it had a negative impact on SGA to share the offense with Lillard and Bias?

Lots of teams are underperforming it seems. Any teams overperforming?

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 02-11-2022, 03:37 PM   #479
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

I can come back and get the specifics I remember defense being pretty low for OKC I think in the 20s. I don't think I checked rebounded. I believe SGA was at like 19 so I don't think he was phased. Giddy may be the one that's scoring is down the most I'll screenshot that this weekend. Matching salaries for OKC is something that will be a problem for mid season trades.

In the East they are a few surprised with Boston, Chicago and Miami all 6 to 10 games over .500. In the West to me Utah was the biggest surprise they are like 27 and 6 are something like that with no real changes. I'll get standings update soon in general things are pretty well jumbled up outside the top few teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
While 13-16 isn't great, having the leading scorer and the 2nd best rookie is decent for OKC. It may be a foundation to build on as the team grows or via 1 more piece. Is their defense their biggest weakness? Or rebounding? Has it had a negative impact on SGA to share the offense with Lillard and Bias?

Lots of teams are underperforming it seems. Any teams overperforming?
Old 02-11-2022, 04:49 PM   #480
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Trying To Survive Without Durate

Here we take a look at some game recaps starting with when Durate got hurt the 2nd time. It was a lucky break with the schedule as after the Pistons game they had a 4 day break. Durate will return for the next game.

Hawks 111 - Pacers 92
Brogdon 20 on 8 of 18 shooting
Okoro 6-2-2 in 27 minutes
Drummond 4-18-4

Capela 20-12 with 6 blocks

Pacers 117 - Hornets 98
Fox 31-4-7
Sabonis 21-12-4
Drummond 11-16-8

Bridges 25 and 8 rebounds

Nets 121 - Pacers 106
Fox 23-6-6