Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:03 AM   #1193
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticism
I'm having the same problem as well man, same as your videos. The CPU is not challenging me if I hug the touchline and I can run the length of the field with my wingers/fullbacks quite easily. I made a really long post with a lot of feedback where I agreed with your sentiment but no one approved it so I guess I wasted like 30 minutes of my time writing down and recording all that feedback. Again if anyone here can approve it I'd appreciate it as I am looking for advice as well...

I play on PC, how about you?
Possible that the creator of the thread needs to approve, or a mod. Most likely I'd say you just haven't reached a certain number of posts. I think to prevent spam and whatnot, OS limits your posting options until you reach a certain number, could be wrong on that, but that is my best guess.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:36 AM   #1194
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Can you try kick off matches without live squads? Same with CM, start one with current customized instead of downloading the latest?

What I see in your video is as if the marking value for the CPU is lower than 50; can you raise it up above 70 to see what they do? It looks like you are using Liverpool in a 4-3-3 right? Can you try a 4-5-1 and see if the CPU does the same thing?
Yeah I'm using a 4-3-3 but this happens with any formation team/most players .I can hug the sidelines with a player who has 70pace and get the same result . I'll try the marking at 70 and see what happens.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2017, 04:46 AM   #1195
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticism
I'm having the same problem as well man, same as your videos. The CPU is not challenging me if I hug the touchline and I can run the length of the field with my wingers/fullbacks quite easily. I made a really long post with a lot of feedback where I agreed with your sentiment but no one approved it so I guess I wasted like 30 minutes of my time writing down and recording all that feedback. Again if anyone here can approve it I'd appreciate it as I am looking for advice as well...

I play on PC, how about you?
I hear u man , frustrating without a doubt. Always seems like I'm the only 1 with these problems , so most times when I notice something I don't even bother to mention it anymore . And I'm on ps4 ,also I seen u mention that u plan on Re-installing the game , let me know if that helps u cause I've reinstalled mine twice already and made a new profile with no results . This 100% ruins the game for me cause now i start flying down the wings without even thinking about it and it's just such a cheat cause I can score bags of goals from crosses all day long . Unplayable with this. Let me know if you come across some solution.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 04:48 AM   #1196
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Pretty bizarre honestly, never noticed it before. The CPU really sort of avoids the wings if you are close to the touchline, and they don't really try to close you down once you hit full speed.

I did a bit of testing, and at 100 marking for the cpu they will close you down even on the wings, although I was still able to run all the way down a few times but it was much more difficult, probably closer to the number of times it happens in a regular match I'd imagine.

Of course I'm sure 100 marking isn't ideal as far as overall shape goes, it also makes other areas much harder as the cpu is basically closing you down the second you get the ball. I did manage to get the cpu to foul me 11 times in a match, though that was probably a combination of the marking and me constantly trying to sprint down the sidelines.

Idk maybe it would have to be a combo of higher marking and wider lines? I dunno, I'm not a line guy. I tried ONLY increasing line width, to like 70, but that didn't do much.

ALSO a chance it just ends up being like fifa 11 (12?) where you could take a speedy winger, give them the ball out wide in the final third, and just weave back and forth into the box eventually resulting in a free shot on goal with just the keeper to beat. You could basically do it every time if you wanted, and messing with sliders couldn't prevent it. In the end we all just sort of made a "house rule" or whatever you want to call it, and just made a conscious effort to not do that.

Though I do imagine this would be harder to avoid.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:49 AM   #1197
Rookie

markor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Can you try kick off matches without live squads? Same with CM, start one with current customized instead of downloading the latest?
For me some games just feel like their X1.5 the normal speed. Player animations as well as the ball movement pretty much the whole game play. I was having the exact same thing in 17. You think it could be linked to this? It looks like and feels like a FUT match. The ball is glued to the ground same speed no matter the power used and it's also glued to my and the cup players. I can burst past anybody at any time pretty much.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-12-2017, 04:59 AM   #1198
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Pretty bizarre honestly, never noticed it before. The CPU really sort of avoids the wings if you are close to the touchline, and they don't really try to close you down once you hit full speed.

I did a bit of testing, and at 100 marking for the cpu they will close you down even on the wings, although I was still able to run all the way down a few times but it was much more difficult, probably closer to the number of times it happens in a regular match I'd imagine.

Of course I'm sure 100 marking isn't ideal as far as overall shape goes, it also makes other areas much harder as the cpu is basically closing you down the second you get the ball. I did manage to get the cpu to foul me 11 times in a match, though that was probably a combination of the marking and me constantly trying to sprint down the sidelines.

Idk maybe it would have to be a combo of higher marking and wider lines? I dunno, I'm not a line guy. I tried ONLY increasing line width, to like 70, but that didn't do much.

ALSO a chance it just ends up being like fifa 11 (12?) where you could take a speedy winger, give them the ball out wide in the final third, and just weave back and forth into the box eventually resulting in a free shot on goal with just the keeper to beat. You could basically do it every time if you wanted, and messing with sliders couldn't prevent it. In the end we all just sort of made a "house rule" or whatever you want to call it, and just made a conscious effort to not do that.

That's how I spent the last day playing my CM, told myself to only burst down the sides if i was losing and if its past the 85th min. I'm sick of making compromises/sacrifices and now (deals) with myself just so I can play fifa. I'm not feeling to optimistic that this problem will get resolved . Head scratcher this one

Last edited by Dbaja22; 10-12-2017 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:13 AM   #1199
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
For me some games just feel like their X1.5 the normal speed. Player animations as well as the ball movement pretty much the whole game play. I was having the exact same thing in 17. You think it could be linked to this? It looks like and feels like a FUT match. The ball is glued to the ground same speed no matter the power used and it's also glued to my and the cup players. I can burst past anybody at any time pretty much.

Any thoughts?
yeah I get this exact thing sometimes too. Annoying, I usually turn my fifa off for the night when it starts doing it and in the morning it usually comes good again, nfi why. Noticed the same thing in 17 as well.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:15 AM   #1200
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado

well it's nice to know we're not the only ones who've noticed it. As i said before, it's just when you're full speed and hugging the touchline mainly. they just back off and dont even attempt to make a challenge, just stand there and let you go past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »