Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #1201
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is ridiculous how AI players come from behind and just push you off the ball...there is no way you get your body between me from behind without using the help of your hands..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #1202
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaja22
I hear u man , frustrating without a doubt. Always seems like I'm the only 1 with these problems , so most times when I notice something I don't even bother to mention it anymore . And I'm on ps4 ,also I seen u mention that u plan on Re-installing the game , let me know if that helps u cause I've reinstalled mine twice already and made a new profile with no results . This 100% ruins the game for me cause now i start flying down the wings without even thinking about it and it's just such a cheat cause I can score bags of goals from crosses all day long . Unplayable with this. Let me know if you come across some solution.
Aight bro I only played 1 game tonight because I've been in n out today and I'm rooted, but I messed around with the sliders and I got it to stop doing it in this game. I'll test it more tomorrow, but let me know if this fixes it for you as well.... I raised CPU marking to 60 and changed both user and cpu line width to 50. Tried about 10 times to go down the sides like I was before and I got tackled every time.

Side note. Has anyone else messed with the height/length? I tried length on 30 and height on 60 for both user and cpu and man I enjoyed it. Their strikers we're coming back to defend against my cdm's instead of just chillin with my centre backs, felt realistic. Also the CPU was way more creative in this game for me at least, they went backwards and worked the ball around more, cb's and fb's got a lot more involved in their build up play too. I'm gonna test it more tomorrow but I liked what I saw for the length setting, not sure about height yet.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #1203
Rookie

Just posted and can't see it...does someone need to approve my previous post?
Old 10-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #1204
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaja22
Yeah I'm using a 4-3-3 but this happens with any formation team/most players .I can hug the sidelines with a player who has 70pace and get the same result . I'll try the marking at 70 and see what happens.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Try raising the width of the CPU only. Test from 50 to 55, etc, 5 pt increments.

If increasing width from 48 needs to change, that wouldn't be the worst thing, we'll just have to adjust for the driven pass.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #1205
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticism
Aight bro I only played 1 game tonight because I've been in n out today and I'm rooted, but I messed around with the sliders and I got it to stop doing it in this game. I'll test it more tomorrow, but let me know if this fixes it for you as well.... I raised CPU marking to 60 and changed both user and cpu line width to 50. Tried about 10 times to go down the sides like I was before and I got tackled every time.

Side note. Has anyone else messed with the height/length? I tried length on 30 and height on 60 for both user and cpu and man I enjoyed it. Their strikers we're coming back to defend against my cdm's instead of just chillin with my centre backs, felt realistic. Also the CPU was way more creative in this game for me at least, they went backwards and worked the ball around more, cb's and fb's got a lot more involved in their build up play too. I'm gonna test it more tomorrow but I liked what I saw for the length setting, not sure about height yet.
Good find. The issue I have with such low line lengths is that the game cannot decompress correctly. As soon as the ball is lost, you will see players instantly retreating to a compressed position. They even retreat on our values, but not as apparent.

We have dabbled in lower line lengths in previous versions of FIFA, and it never sticks. Conceptually it's a great idea, in execution, the game has too many weird things that happen and matches start to feel the same.

If we're desperate we may go that route, but I don't see any glaring issues with the current set. If dbaja's issue is one that can be fixed, then we'll have to explore the HLW again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #1206
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
This is ridiculous how AI players come from behind and just push you off the ball...there is no way you get your body between me from behind without using the help of your hands..
Increase Sprint Speed for user by 1 or 2, should reduce the effectivness of their push.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #1207
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
For me some games just feel like their X1.5 the normal speed. Player animations as well as the ball movement pretty much the whole game play. I was having the exact same thing in 17. You think it could be linked to this? It looks like and feels like a FUT match. The ball is glued to the ground same speed no matter the power used and it's also glued to my and the cup players. I can burst past anybody at any time pretty much.

Any thoughts?
I am not sure, there is always two different game codes in FIFA, well three really, so who's to say. You can change the slider settings in the Main Menu section, then load up your CM, and see if that 'resets' the code. There is nothing proven that this does anything other than "feel".
Old 10-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #1208
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Good find. The issue I have with such low line lengths is that the game cannot decompress correctly. As soon as the ball is lost, you will see players instantly retreating to a compressed position. They even retreat on our values, but not as apparent.

We have dabbled in lower line lengths in previous versions of FIFA, and it never sticks. Conceptually it's a great idea, in execution, the game has too many weird things that happen and matches start to feel the same.

If we're desperate we may go that route, but I don't see any glaring issues with the current set. If dbaja's issue is one that can be fixed, then we'll have to explore the HLW again.
Anxious to get some more testing in, but if Criticism’s change of marking +10 and width +2 holds up over multiple games, and that’s all we have to do, then I’d call that a win.

I didn’t test anything lower than 100 marking because I just wanted to see if it was possible to stop the thing from happening

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »